300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
    Maybe you can form a Boffing Club at the academy...

That's a great idea. My idea of fun revolves around the computer and learning about the natural world. I used to get into fights and get wasted, but I can't do that anymore.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
      I was thinking to drive to Georgia during training. I heard its better that way if I decide to go somewhere instead of being stuck there all the time. But now, I think I rather not, just to avoid the headache after the graduation.
      Well, if you are already a Federal Employee with leave on the books, you "may" be able too, but probably not. You only get 1 maybe 2 travel days to get from one corner of the US to another, I'm guessing it takes more. I have seen cars down there from Montana and Washington, but I don't know how they did it. Plan on a getting a bike. Or like me, I was always a DD because I don't drink, I always has someone elses car to drive.

Comment

• How are the instructors at FLETC? Are they really nasty like more of a drill seargent type of thing or are they more friendly and really wanting you to succeed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
          How are the instructors at FLETC? Are they really nasty like more of a drill seargent type of thing or are they more friendly and really wanting you to succeed?
          They definitely want you to succeed. Its not like basic training where they are just getting their jollies ragging you out all day!

Comment

• Not quite TSU yet eh?

"You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps. "

I remember when it used to say, "...you have been referred to the TSU..."
            Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Well, I am out of TSU for a little bit. Checked CASS today and saw my fitness has expired and gotta re-take. Hopefully they call really soon and I can get it done really fast! If there is a SFO/ OAK call during this time, I'll be so angry! But I think I don't have to worry just yet.

Oh yeah....do they call for people that have had their test expire, or do you have to call them? Thanks everyone!

One last thing....I went to CBP.gov and it does not say how many push ups and sit ups are considered passing for CBPO. Does anyone know what a passing score is? I know the BPA PAT is 20 pushups and like 30 situps.
              Last edited by Burrell707; 09-11-2009, 04:40 AM. Reason: Another question....
              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
              NOR: 09/2008
              TO: 09/25/08
              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
              Drug Test: 11/2008
              Oral Board: 12/03/08
              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
              Qualifications: 03/17/09
              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
              Geo Area: San Francisco County
              Written:05/26/09
              T.O.:08/28/09
              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                Well, if you are already a Federal Employee with leave on the books, you "may" be able too, but probably not. You only get 1 maybe 2 travel days to get from one corner of the US to another, I'm guessing it takes more. I have seen cars down there from Montana and Washington, but I don't know how they did it. Plan on a getting a bike. Or like me, I was always a DD because I don't drink, I always has someone elses car to drive.
                When I was in the Academy, there was a car with Alaska plates....Now thats a long haul...lol

Comment

• Hey can someone please give me the number to MHC I re-applied under the last announcement and haven't heard anything

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    If you never had it, if cargo was all you were trained in, then what? I doubt any port is going to jump to send people back to FLETC for further training. I doubt that most ports have the people or the infrastructure to train in-house. Most likely, people would just never get training outside of what they were originally trained for, and movement and promotion would become even more difficult than it currently is.
                    I'm not talking about cutting out immigration or trade completely from the basic academy. Just curtailing some of the in depth immigration training to allow for time for training in the specialty the officer is going to do on a daily basis. Everyone will still receive training in both immigration and trade, just not as much in depth immigration at basic. As it is now if a person is working at a cargo port and they want to promote, the likelihood that they will be able to land a supervisory position at an immigration port is slim to none. That would not change in the slightest.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                      Maybe you can form a Boffing Club at the academy...

HA HA HA THAT'S GREAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                        Well, I am out of TSU for a little bit. Checked CASS today and saw my fitness has expired and gotta re-take. Hopefully they call really soon and I can get it done really fast! If there is a SFO/ OAK call during this time, I'll be so angry! But I think I don't have to worry just yet.

Oh yeah....do they call for people that have had their test expire, or do you have to call them? Thanks everyone!

One last thing....I went to CBP.gov and it does not say how many push ups and sit ups are considered passing for CBPO. Does anyone know what a passing score is? I know the BPA PAT is 20 pushups and like 30 situps.
                        When I got pulled out in mid-July, the clinic contacted me (phone) and set up a date, which I set up ASAP from that call. As far as passing, do as many pu and su you can do in one minute, it's based on how many you can do in a minute, so just bust them out. People have been failing (at least in this forum) due to the step test, so don't over look that part of it. If you've been using the "wait" time properly, the test is very easy.....good luck!!!
                        TO-6/16/08
                        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• I'm having a hell of a time using the Search feature on here. I was able to use it fine to search for prior posts in the past but haven't been able to get results recently.

I'm finally nearing the end of my pre-employment process for CBP and I only have the BI to go through.

Other than $2300 or so that I owe Amex and the mortgage on the house, I don't have any debt, and I have zero criminal history so I don't anticipate the BI to take too long.

Do any of you already in FLETC or already in CBP remember what was investigated first? Were your neighbors interviewed first? Did the FBI or whoever is doing the BI show up at your workplace to speak with your supervisor? Do you recall roughly how long the BI took?

thanks in advance
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            I'm having a hell of a time using the Search feature on here. I was able to use it fine to search for prior posts in the past but haven't been able to get results recently.

I'm finally nearing the end of my pre-employment process for CBP and I only have the BI to go through.

Other than $2300 or so that I owe Amex and the mortgage on the house, I don't have any debt, and I have zero criminal history so I don't anticipate the BI to take too long.

Do any of you already in FLETC or already in CBP remember what was investigated first? Were your neighbors interviewed first? Did the FBI or whoever is doing the BI show up at your workplace to speak with your supervisor? Do you recall roughly how long the BI took?

thanks in advance
                            Well they all seem to go differently, but in the couple times ive had one its been:
                            They pulled my credit, interviewed me, then went to see all my buddies and bosses. Granted i had the same person both times so i assume that is just her preferred method. The time is impossible to predict. Some clear in a month, others take a year or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                              When I got pulled out in mid-July, the clinic contacted me (phone) and set up a date, which I set up ASAP from that call. As far as passing, do as many pu and su you can do in one minute, it's based on how many you can do in a minute, so just bust them out. People have been failing (at least in this forum) due to the step test, so don't over look that part of it. If you've been using the "wait" time properly, the test is very easy.....good luck!!!
                              Man I hope they call Monday and I can get in Tuesday! Im not too worried. I keep up with my PU and SU and run 4 miles every other day. That is tripping me out how people are failing the step test. When I did it last year, it was cake. That robot voice with that music is kinda funny. Maybe people having trouble with that cadence.
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Just saw in "freecreditreport.com" that my credit was pulled by "US Customs"...still havent had the BI interview....so I guess I play the waiting game.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13406 users online. 458 members and 12948 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X