300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
    Moving isn't much of a hassle...I dont really have much to take with me but some clothes for pre-academy and some stuff that I need after. It would be like starting from scratch once I get in WA. Theres really no point of me shipping my furnitures and stuff like that. The money that I have to spend to get them shipped over, I mind as well get new stuff there. I'm just stressing where to stay once I get EOD and how am I going to travel during pre-academy. I'm sure theres some people might be in the same situation if they relocate. This is why I'm doing the research now then later...

Thanks for the tips Khue....
    Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I am in the same situation. For the EOD, most likely I will be at a nearby motel. The rate there (Blaine) are very good, like $250 per week. Hey, if we get the same EOD, we can share the same adventure.
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

damn, im really stress out about this...what am I gona do when its time for me to go there...I hope theres motels nearby where i can stay until i get settled in.
      Ah, now I get it. I don't think you should drive your car to EOD, unless you want to drive all the way to Georgia...stress you are indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
        Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I am in the same situation. For the EOD, most likely I will be at a nearby motel. The rate there (Blaine) are very good, like $250 per week. Hey, if we get the same EOD, we can share the same adventure.
        HAHAHA...it would be cool, you're probably be my first friend in WA...
        Last edited by sr20; 09-10-2009, 05:01 PM.
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

Ah, now I get it. I don't think you should drive your car to EOD, unless you want to drive all the way to Georgia...stress you are indeed.
          I was thinking to drive to Georgia during training. I heard its better that way if I decide to go somewhere instead of being stuck there all the time. But now, I think I rather not, just to avoid the headache after the graduation.
          TSU - 8/28/09
          TO - 3/2009
          On the job

Comment

• 135 Days in TSU for Buffalo...
            CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
            T.O. - Dec 2008
            TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
            Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
            Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
            TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
            Applied - June 2010
            Exam - Aug 2010
            Physical - Aug 2010
            Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

I was thinking to drive to Georgia during training. I heard its better that way if I decide to go somewhere instead of being stuck there all the time. But now, I think I rather not, just to avoid the headache after the graduation.
              I will probably be the only guy on campus that will never leave to do exciting stuff. I think the more you do, the more liability you are to successful completing the academy...

Comment

I will probably be the only guy on campus that will never leave to do exciting stuff. I think the more you do, the more liability you are to successful completing the academy...
                Dont be one of those people. Not only will you lack friends but you will miss out on alot of fun. You have to relieve stress, and rotting in your room watching Seinfeld re-runs and staring at text books is not the way! You dont have to be Frank The Tank, but you can have really good times and keep yourself out of trouble if you're mature enough.

Comment

I can't picture myself staying in the campus 7 days a week...I WOULD GO CRAZY...
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    Dont be one of those people. Not only will you lack friends but you will miss out on alot of fun. You have to relieve stress, and rotting in your room watching Seinfeld re-runs and staring at text books is not the way! You dont have to be Frank The Tank, but you can have really good times and keep yourself out of trouble if you're mature enough.
                    I kinda agree...If you're going to stay in campus 24/7, the time in training would be really slow for you...
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

Comment

I kinda agree...If you're going to stay in campus 24/7, the time in training would be really slow for you...
                      Most people, except the real squares (no offense anyone!) come around after a month or two, and start enjoying their off time.

Comment

• You guys are right. Thanks for talking me out of it. I will be more like an octagon instead of a square. I guess I don't know what to expect at the academy. However, if it's somewhat like the University setting than it will be great. My assumption is it's more like military boot camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          i think batnaj makes a good point.. we all will need time to relax and relieve stress im sure . Just remember why you are there(at fletc) and Dont be a bone head. Act mature and responsible. If your not mature enough and have enough common sence to not get carried away or act irresonsible then maybe being a cbpo or for that matter any job in the LE field is not for you.
                          Last edited by anthony30; 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM. Reason: added something else
                          CBPO

Comment

You guys are right. Thanks for talking me out of it. I will be more like an octagon instead of a square. I guess I don't know what to expect at the academy. However, if it's somewhat like the University setting than it will be great. My assumption is it's more like military boot camp.
                            Remember this. Just like any other academy (other than military boot camp), your off time is yours. Like for detroit police, its hardcore but you go home at the end of the day and its up to you to do what you want with that time. The FLETC difference is that you are away from friends and family, so you classmates become your pseudo family. BBQ's, parties, movies, sports, basically whatever you can think of. As long as you aren't overwhelmed or struggling by your studies, you need this time to make FLETC an enjoyable experience.

Comment

• I relieve stress by playing PC games, watching war movies and listening to history lectures. Also, I read wikipedia articles and naval blogs.

I've quit drinking and smoking as well. I'm not sure what I'll do down there, but it will be on the nerdier side of nerdy
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                I relieve stress by playing PC games, watching war movies and listening to history lectures. Also, I read wikipedia articles and naval blogs.

I've quit drinking and smoking as well. I'm not sure what I'll do down there, but it will be on the nerdier side of nerdy
                                Maybe you can form a Boffing Club at the academy...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8029 users online. 366 members and 7663 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X