300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
    No. Seattle is not an option, just land port of entry along the border and few small cities like Bellingham, Anacortes, and Friday Harbor are also an option.
    ohh..I guess I'll stick with whatever they're going to offer. So which part of WA are you planning to go for? Any recommendations for me, so I can start to do a bit of research...

Thanks,
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      Maybe if there was a systemic training allowance based on performance for all officers? It would allow people to accumulate points based on their job performance to be used for more training and better job prospects. The harder you worked the more likely you could cash in your training chips, recieve the earned training and be transfered in turn. That puts the possibility in everyones hands equally more or less; then guys who just want to skate through their jobs arn't on the same level as the guys willing to work for their goals.

This is what happens when we sit here waiting for the job.
      How would it be rated?

It might work on a port basis but it would fall apart quickly after that.

All ports, all situations are far from equal.

The biggest slug in Calexico is going to produce far more performance-wise than the hardest charging, squared-away guy in Piegan, Montana. Piegan simply doesn't have the traffic, it doesn't have the infrastructure, it doesn't have the resources than Calexico has.

Even in the same port, you'd likely see a wide variance. The guy working day shifts probably sees 3-6X the traffic that the midnight guy sees in the usual landborder port.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        How would it be rated?

It might work on a port basis but it would fall apart quickly after that.

All ports, all situations are far from equal.

The biggest slug in Calexico is going to produce far more performance-wise than the hardest charging, squared-away guy in Piegan, Montana. Piegan simply doesn't have the traffic, it doesn't have the infrastructure, it doesn't have the resources than Calexico has.

Even in the same port, you'd likely see a wide variance. The guy working day shifts probably sees 3-6X the traffic that the midnight guy sees in the usual landborder port.
        Maybe if you give a certain number of credits to each port based on their working population? They could then distribute the points to the most promising units nationwide. A really hard working guy in Montana who pulls in a few kilos though seriously hard work should be a more enticing prospect than the guy in Calexico who spilled coffee on a car wheel and found a lifetime supply of heroin when he went to clean it up.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
          ohh..I guess I'll stick with whatever they're going to offer. So which part of WA are you planning to go for? Any recommendations for me, so I can start to do a bit of research...

Thanks,
          I hope to get Blaine (very first choice, very high traffic), Bellingham, Sumas or Lynden port of entry. These ports are on the western side of the state and I like to be closer to my family, which will be about 2 to 3 hour south. Before I don't mind being in the middle of the state or east, but my son is only two weeks old and I like to give him a better opportunity and future (medical facility, school, etc.). If you want civilization and like to be closer to more people, I'll stick with the western side of the state with the ports mentioned above. However, I don't recommend Point Roberts because it will take you two crossings to get to a medical facility or school if you have children. Point Roberts is a US peninsula cut off by Canada. Just look up Point Roberts on google map and you'll will find out interesting detail about it. Do you have a family you will move with or with yourself?
          TO: 4/09/09
          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

I don't recommend Point Roberts because it will take you two crossings to get to a medical facility or school if you have children. Point Roberts is a US peninsula cut off by Canada. Just look up Point Roberts on google map and you'll will find out interesting detail about it.
            That is pretty nuts. How do you get out of there?
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

I hope to get Blaine (very first choice, very high traffic), Bellingham, Sumas or Lynden port of entry. These ports are on the western side of the state and I like to be closer to my family, which will be about 2 to 3 hour south. Before I don't mind being in the middle of the state or east, but my son is only two weeks old and I like to give him a better opportunity and future (medical facility, school, etc.). If you want civilization and like to be closer to more people, I'll stick with the western side of the state with the ports mentioned above. However, I don't recommend Point Roberts because it will take you two crossings to get to a medical facility or school if you have children. Point Roberts is a US peninsula cut off by Canada. Just look up Point Roberts on google map and you'll will find out interesting detail about it. Do you have a family you will move with or with yourself?
              Yeah, I'm hoping to get into Blaine as well...I looked up the ones you mentioned before, Anacortes, Friday Harbor, etc...it looks like middle of nowhere but water..LOL...

I'm moving alone, so it would be easy for me...If you wonder why I picked WA, I made a stupid mistake thinking WA was DC..hahaha..I'm trying to get into the job first and worry later. All my friends and family is in NY, and the toughest thing is leaving my girlfriend of 9 years behind and we're planning to start a family as well...So the best I can do is to move whereever they offer me, and do my time there, and try to shoot for a transfer.
              TSU - 8/28/09
              TO - 3/2009
              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                That is pretty nuts. How do you get out of there?
                You have to cross Blaine than drive to the border and cross to US soil again. I research that place and the only store they have is a quick mart. They shuttle kids back and forth to Blaine to go to school. The closes hospital is in Bellingham...good luck waiting at the crossing for a minor urgent injury.

Comment

I don't recommend Point Roberts because it will take you two crossings to get to a medical facility or school if you have children. Point Roberts is a US peninsula cut off by Canada. Just look up Point Roberts on google map and you'll will find out interesting detail about it. Do you have a family you will move with or with yourself?
                  I just googled Point Roberts and yeah, I'm not going there...LOL
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

I just googled Point Roberts and yeah, I'm not going there...LOL
                    If you like little crime rate, this is the best place. Think of this as a Home Association community, but heavily guarded. I would imagine majority of the residents are CBP Officers...

Comment

• So how's the mass transit over at WA Northern Borders? I dont know if I should ship my car over from NY.
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

If you like little crime rate, this is the best place. Think of this as a Home Association community, but heavily guarded. I would imagine majority of the residents are CBP Officers...
                        Speaking of crime rate, I googled Blaine and Bellingham...Blaine seems quiet...not too sure about Bellingham, some people are bashing on that area on some forums I was looking through...
                        TSU - 8/28/09
                        TO - 3/2009
                        On the job

Comment

So how's the mass transit over at WA Northern Borders? I dont know if I should ship my car over from NY.
                          There is no transit up north. The only transit you will see is south of Bellingham. When working at the border, you'll definitely need a car.

Comment

There is no transit up north. The only transit you will see is south of Bellingham. When working at the border, you'll definitely need a car.
                            damn, im really stress out about this...what am I gona do when its time for me to go there...I hope theres motels nearby where i can stay until i get settled in.
                            TSU - 8/28/09
                            TO - 3/2009
                            On the job

Comment

damn, im really stress out about this...what am I gona do when its time for me to go there...I hope theres motels nearby where i can stay until i get settled in.
                              The process itself is stressful, but moving is more of a fun stress...

Comment

The process itself is stressful, but moving is more of a fun stress...
                                Moving isn't much of a hassle...I dont really have much to take with me but some clothes for pre-academy and some stuff that I need after. It would be like starting from scratch once I get in WA. Theres really no point of me shipping my furnitures and stuff like that. The money that I have to spend to get them shipped over, I mind as well get new stuff there. I'm just stressing where to stay once I get EOD and how am I going to travel during pre-academy. I'm sure theres some people might be in the same situation if they relocate. This is why I'm doing the research now then later...

Thanks for the tips Khue....
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8716 users online. 273 members and 8443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X