Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here also waiting for WA -Northern Borders???
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by lccan View Post
      I took my physical yesterday and i failed the step test. I was so worried about the push ups and sit ups that i did not even think about the step. any ways my question was they told me at the doctors office that i would get another chance does anyone know how long before i have my second chance.
      I would contact medical.
      [email protected]

Im not sure if that is the exact email but they should be able to answer your question.

Comment

• Question.......When you are taken out of TSU to retest and pass and you have all green check marks, are they suppose to put you back into TSU or does that it take a while for them to refer you back to TSU???

Comment

• Originally posted by lccan View Post
          I took my physical yesterday and i failed the step test. I was so worried about the push ups and sit ups that i did not even think about the step. any ways my question was they told me at the doctors office that i would get another chance does anyone know how long before i have my second chance.
          Unfortunately, about a month ago or so another applicant failed her step, and she's basically out of the process. It's on this forum, you might want to try and find it. They told her she would have to reapply on the next announcement, so not really too sure what's going to happen. Good luck!!!
          TO-6/16/08
          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Medical

CBP Officers,

Let say you were assigned to a land border port in the middle of no where close to a US medical facility or doctor, can you go to Canada for medical treatment if it closer to where you live? My son just born two weeks ago and I am just a worry wort.
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
              Got a hold of MHC, I will have to start from the beginning there is no redo, or a way to appeal. There is nothing I can do other than wait for an open announcement and take the test again. I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me over this last year and a half, I will keep an eye here for the possibility of an open announcement. I will let you know when I retake the test, because I will do it again.

To all the newbies out there or those who are facing a redo on there fitness test practice the whole test at home as if you are taking it.

I still cant believe that the step test got me, considering I could not even do a push up two months ago.

Good luck to all you that are still in the game : )
              This one is for you, Iccan. Wish I had better news for you.

Comment

• I'm not sure how wise it would be to specificize basic training to a particular port...or type of port.

It's way too difficult to move about now. Imagine how it might be like if your academy training "locked" you in to just a handful of different ports. Conceivably, all northern border people could be locked to the NB. All airport people could be locked to airports. All seaport people could be locked to seaports. All southern border people could be locked to the SB.

I can't see where anybody would be all that happy with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  I'm not sure how wise it would be to specificize basic training to a particular port...or type of port.

It's way too difficult to move about now. Imagine how it might be like if your academy training "locked" you in to just a handful of different ports. Conceivably, all northern border people could be locked to the NB. All airport people could be locked to airports. All seaport people could be locked to seaports. All southern border people could be locked to the SB.

Yeah that is a good point. But there has to be a way to tweak things a little to make the CBPI program a little more specific to the job you are going to be doing. Like if they are gonna add a month or 2 to FLETC, why not use that to seperate say land border folks from airport folks and concentrate on specific duties for the last month? Improbable, but just a thought.

Comment

• Well, I retook my physical last week and received a letter yesterday congratulating me on passing. Let's hope this doesn't go another year on waiting.
                    Patience is a virtue

Comment

I'm not sure how wise it would be to specificize basic training to a particular port...or type of port.

They could make the training modular. Increase the port specific training while decreasing the amount of time at FLETC (or keep it the same instead of increasing it). In the event of a switch, the additional training module for the specific port would ensure fresh and updated knowledge, reducing the rusty liabiltiy.

Based on your own testimony, it is quasi-impossible to switch ports anyway - whats the harm?. Modular training would institutionalize and encourage the practice and provide a liability rational for higher ups to accept the transfer because it would make an old recruit a bit more fresh and less likely to go off the hip and screw up.

The only downside would be Kansas CBP officers who were a bit foggy on marine interdiction...
                      Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM.
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Not only would it likely be almost impossible to move anywhere markedly different under a modular training system, it would also likely lock people into the smaller ports for life.

The Kansas officers would never get out of Kansas. The people seeing the additional training modules would almost assuredly be Officers from LAX, Detroit, Miami or another large/major port.

Comment

Not only would it likely be almost impossible to move anywhere markedly different under a modular training system, it would also likely lock people into the smaller ports for life.

The Kansas officers would never get out of Kansas. The people seeing the additional training modules would almost assuredly be Officers from LAX, Detroit, Miami or another large/major port.
                          Why? I'm not saying they should make small port training sub-standard.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                            CBP Officers,

Let say you were assigned to a land border port in the middle of no where close to a US medical facility or doctor, can you go to Canada for medical treatment if it closer to where you live? My son just born two weeks ago and I am just a worry wort.
                            Well I'm not totally sure, but I'm willing to bet money that the answer is no. You'll be covered under any one of many Health Insurance plans, and I'm guessing they would not want you going to a foreign country for medical. But rest assured, you'll have at least basic medical near you. If you’re at Oroville, you can take a lil trip to the big city of Omak, I'm sure they have a Dr somewhere.

Comment

• I know of people here in San Diego that choose to go to Mexico for all their medical, dental, and vision.

Edit to clarify: I'm pretty sure the government plans aren't picking up those tabs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                                CBP Officers,

When I was up north, we actually had really good medical care even in a town of 1500. I know a few that went to Canada for dental, but you pay for it yourself.
                                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7106 users online. 230 members and 6876 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X