300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
    You know as much as I (New OFO Patch on left side). I'm surprised OFO isn't letting us in on what it looks like. Like they did with the DHS CBP Patch. I don't think they'll show/tell us till it actually gets circulated.

One thing about this, that is totally wrong, is that women have to disclose their breast size for the shirts. That's how VF Solutions determines womens shirt sizes.
    I should probably know this, but what is OFO? Office of Field Operations?
    ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
    Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
    March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
    July 09 Oral Board
    Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
    Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      I should probably know this, but what is OFO? Office of Field Operations?
      Yup/
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Test.

I'm taking the test for CBP agent in Boardman, Ohio on 15 MAY...any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by InHocSignoVincs View Post
          I'm taking the test for CBP agent in Boardman, Ohio on 15 MAY...any advice?

Don't fall asleep during the test... they don't like that.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Anyone know when the next test is here in socal? I couldn't attend the last one a few weeks ago.

Comment

• geographic area

does anyone remember what the critical Ports were for the last test that was just given? I had originally chosen Buffalo as my preference but I don't see myself moving that far.. I am from the NYC area. I was thinking about VT but I have read that I would probably be stationed in the woods with little to no OT available. Would I be better off requesting NJ to get an expedited TO? Honestly, location doesnt really matter to me. I just want the job. The only thing is that I would like to be somewhat near the NYC area like 2-3 hour drive is fine. Gosh. What geographic area should I choose?? Thanks folks

Comment

• Nov 07 tester, just got the call this morning! May 8th FLETC class, stationed in New Orleans!!

Take care

C
                Best wishes,
                Charlie-Echo
                CBPO new hire

Comment

• got the call...class 844 starting May 8th

Comment

• LE retirement?

New to the forum, but so far lots of good information. I tested in November 2007, and am currently going through the motions. I met with a CBP officer at a job fair this week, and she said she thinks congress will pull the recently approved retirement as Law Enforcement, i.e. retire at 20 years at 1.7% per year. She suggested I look into other agencies which are covered with LE retirement. This isn't the only reason I want the job, but it is certainly a factor. I was just wondering if this is truly the case. Any "new" news on this guys, I see it has been addressed on here a couple times last fall and early this year, but wanted to ask again?

thanks

Comment

• I got my test results for cbp officer last wk and passed with 86/100. I will be taking the CB Agent test on Mon. I requested SoCal border for both. Would this slow things down?....

BPA
                      test: 04/08
                      Results: Passed - 04/08
                      COE Received - 05/08
                      Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                      Panel: 07/08: Passed
                      BI: ?..
                      CBPO
                      test: 03/08
                      Results: Passed - 04/08
                      COE Received: 06/08
                      Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                      VBT: Passed 07/08
                      BI: ???
                      FBI
                      Phase I: 05/08
                      Results: Passed 05/08
                      Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                      Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                      Panel: 10/08: ???
                      PFT: 11/08: ???
                      USSS
                      TEA test: 08/07
                      Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Field Operations Branding Initiative Rollout Instructions

Edited for deletion/Removed.
                        Last edited by bronze01; 04-23-2008, 03:11 PM. Reason: Deleted due to Need to know

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                          I got my test results for cbp officer last wk and passed with 86/100. I will be taking the CB Agent test on Mon. I requested SoCal border for both. Would this slow things down?....
                          Try not the mix the two. CBPO (Customs and Border Protection Officer) BPA (Border Patrol Agent). Taking the test for BPA will not slow down the process, in some cases may help. As you can use the drug test and BI for both positions.
                          Last edited by shawal16; 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Here's another tidbit of info from CBPnet...

Edited for Deletion/Removal
                            Last edited by bronze01; 04-23-2008, 03:13 PM. Reason: Deleted due to Need to Know

Comment

• Originally posted by upstateny View Post
                              New to the forum, but so far lots of good information. I tested in November 2007, and am currently going through the motions. I met with a CBP officer at a job fair this week, and she said she thinks congress will pull the recently approved retirement as Law Enforcement, i.e. retire at 20 years at 1.7% per year. She suggested I look into other agencies which are covered with LE retirement. This isn't the only reason I want the job, but it is certainly a factor. I was just wondering if this is truly the case. Any "new" news on this guys, I see it has been addressed on here a couple times last fall and early this year, but wanted to ask again?

thanks

Nope. The LE retirement is a done deal and is being implemented as of July 6, 2008. Anyone hired after the above date will automaticly go under that retirement. Others are being transitioned into that retirement system and for those who would not really benefit from it have the opportunity to opt out. Again CBPO is not a high speed kick down doors type of job. You have to decide if its right for you. I've learned quite a bit in a short time, and much of what I have learned would be great to bring any position in LE if you should choose to move on.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                                Try not the mix the two. CBPO (Customs and Border Protection Officer) BPA (Border Protection Agent). Taking the test for BPA will not slow down the process, in some cases may help. As you can use the drug test and BI for both positions.
                                Border Patrol Agent. The Medical will clear for both also.
                                CBPO
                                Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                                Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                                Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                                Quals-completed 6/08
                                BI-completed 8/08
                                Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                                Start-10/14/08
                                FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14724 users online. 463 members and 14261 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X