300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
    What really ticks me off is the wasted federal tax dollars. I've heard that each applicant by the time they've gone through to TSU has cost the government 5 or 6k. This is not including the added applicants who will now be doing half of the things over again due to the extreme amount of time.

This is real money that you and I are paying here. They need to reform their hiring system.
    5 or 6 thousand dollars is pocket change for the government... The total cost to recruit, hire, and train someone can be anywhere from $50K - over $250K.

Comment

• Fletc

Anyone hear any rumors about class numbers for the new fiscal year? I just heard about 105 classes are planned for the next fiscal year (This is coming from a friend in FLETC).

Next question... is a 105 a lot or a little? Seems kind of high... but that's only because I can't count that high :/

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
        Anyone hear any rumors about class numbers for the new fiscal year? I just heard about 105 classes are planned for the next fiscal year (This is coming from a friend in FLETC).

Next question... is a 105 a lot or a little? Seems kind of high... but that's only because I can't count that high :/
        Doesn't sound too out of the norm to me. When i went through in 2007, there was two new classes each week for a total of 104.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
          Hey soto nice to hear from you buddy. Glad to hear that you are now in your week five and everything is going good. So how far distance wise are you guys running, I know it varies with instructors and such but wanted to get an idea of your experience.

Tx54
          the most we have done is 3 miles on a "hardcore" day
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• I've never seen any numbers or stats about COPRA...who benefits greatly...who doesn't...et. al. It would be interesting to see how many officers actually see a meaningful advantage. For what little I've seen, it looks to me like 40% clearly make out ahead, 40% really don't see much, and the other 20% more or less ride along in the middle.

I do know that the BP are on AUO, and they don't seem to be bothered by it. PA's also tend to make more money than CBPO's, at least the ones I know of do.

Comment

• To anyone currently attending FLETC,

What is the 1.5 mile require time as of right now? Do you know if FLETC is still planning to change the run to 15 minutes on Oct 1st?

Comment

• More of the LEAP figures into the retirement than the AUO. Either will be hard to implement on the SW border. Who is holding these hearings? Homeland Security, Ways and Means, Party Planning Committee?
                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                  More of the LEAP figures into the retirement than the AUO.
                  LEAP and AUO are 25%, all of which goes towards retirement. With AUO, you also get FLSA.

Comment

• Here is a quick overview of the difference in AUO and LEAP. Problem I see is the FLSA is not figured in on your retirement benifits only the AUO.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/leo_report04/appendixE.asp

AUO is most likely the way they will go as it is flexable and if you average less hours, they will be able to bring you down to 10% from 25%, where as LEAP is always 25%.

Comment

• Where did you see that FLSA doesn't go towards retirement?

Comment

• I read it in the OPM report on Law Enforcement retirement.

Comment

• Hmmm, I'm fairly certain FLSA does go towards retirement. I tried to find it online, but didn't have any luck and I don't feel like pulling my EOD paperwork out of the closet.

But if you happen to remember where you saw that, I'd like to read it.

Comment

• I wish I had some EOD paperwork in my closet.
                            Written Test: 3/08
                            NOR: 4/08
                            TO: 4/08
                            Medical: 4/08
                            Fitness: 6/08
                            VBT: 6/08
                            Met with investigator: 10/08
                            Received NOPA: 11/08
                            Won appeal: 3/09
                            TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                            New fitness: 7/28/09
                            Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• CMUnupe,

I remember hearing of that EOD thing. I wonder, do they do that anymore?
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• What I was reading said that the AUO was figured in but not other pay that varied widely. Not that it does not count for your retirement, just that it it does not figure like LEAP.

I was getting my info from the Study that OPM did in 2004 about Law Enforcement Retirement and Pay.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/LEO_Report04.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8589 users online. 272 members and 8317 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X