Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I cleared the medical process, that was the response email I received this morning from the Medical Review Unit. So I should be good to go back into TSU and wait and wait and wait......anyhow, I hope everybody has a good Labor Day weekend!!!
    TO-6/16/08
    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
      Welcome back. I'm about to leave for Iraq very soon myself. My app has been put on "freeze" as well til Sept 2010. Good Luck.
      Thanks Brother.....Good luck over there

Comment

• Originally posted by Sytes View Post
        Found this to hold some good chuckles

653 pages to read the "entire" thread... I suppose that is possible considering the time people spend waiting for the fancy green check marks.

Not a negative post - more for the fun "smile of the day" comment - haha! Along Merlin's post, the "Search this Thread", as mentioned is a great resource for typing in key words such as "differential", etc.

Also, not too surprising - simply typing in the Google search - something of the sort - ex. "CBP gov differential pay" will also bring up a quick access tooo - none other than;
        I'll bet by the time a person posts a question, sits about for hours awaiting a response and gets his answer, the average person could pretty much read through this thread. When you think on it, one of the main reasons that this thread is 650+ pages long is because "we" keep asking the same questions...and "we" keep giving the same answers over and over again every few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
          Well, my friend and I failed the VBT coz I think we acted a little harsh with the aliens on the video. I would like to know if I will get a chance to retake it after the year. Since all other steps were already completed.
          I lol'd at this one. not at the fact that you guys failed but I could imagine someone acting 'harsh' during the vbt and the lady in the next room going 'wtf is this guy doing shouting in there' hehe

on a side note - what position would I have to be in to be the person who reviews the vbt submissions, because that seems like some great fun. "Hey man, im having a lousy day, wanna go review some vbts?!"
          Last edited by colinm112; 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Supervisory officers review the VBT's.

They have very strict guidelines to follow. The ones I know take the job very seriously.

Comment

• NEWS--------

COPRA is being reviewed by congress, at the request of CBP.

I believe (opinion) that this might be a big move for the CBPO position.

I am not to happy about it though, as COPRA is a very lucrative system for officers in most big ports.

Merlin, you might be happy about it though

Maybe I will go to the Northern Border....

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                NEWS--------

COPRA is being reviewed by congress, at the request of CBP.

I believe (opinion) that this might be a big move for the CBPO position.

I am not to happy about it though, as COPRA is a very lucrative system for officers in most big ports.

Merlin, you might be happy about it though

Maybe I will go to the Northern Border....
                Meh...probably not.

It's not really COPRA that's my problem, it's the way everything is all implemented. Replace COPRA with something else and keep the same old manipulations and "pie-grabbing" and most likely there's few changes for me or many on "the frontier".

Any idea on what would replace COPRA? AOU would be my likely guess, but I'm not sure how they'd work that in with many ports.

You're welcome to come north though...anytime. Give it a few more weeks and the sugar maples will be blazing orange and red...pretty little things that they are.

Comment

• Merlin, just a curiosity, but are you posting from a phone? Your turn around seem to be rather quick than most.
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Redofitness and medical?

Hi folks,

It seems like I will have to redo my fitness next month as it will expire. I was wondering if I have to do medical again? The reason I ask is that I have high blood pressure so I had to get a clearance from my doctor and lots of paperwork to have myself clear for medical. Do I have to do that all over again with medical? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/18/08
                    NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                    TO: 09/23/08
                    Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                    Medical: Completed 12/08
                    Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                    Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                    VBT: Completed 11/08
                    BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                    Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                    3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                      Hi folks,

It seems like I will have to redo my fitness next month as it will expire. I was wondering if I have to do medical again? The reason I ask is that I have high blood pressure so I had to get a clearance from my doctor and lots of paperwork to have myself clear for medical. Do I have to do that all over again with medical? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
                      If its been one year, you just fill out a medical status update form. At 2 years you re-do the whole thing. Problem is, they will probably take your b.p. before letting you do the step test.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Meh...probably not.

It's not really COPRA that's my problem, it's the way everything is all implemented. Replace COPRA with something else and keep the same old manipulations and "pie-grabbing" and most likely there's few changes for me or many on "the frontier".

Any idea on what would replace COPRA? AOU would be my likely guess, but I'm not sure how they'd work that in with many ports.

You're welcome to come north though...anytime. Give it a few more weeks and the sugar maples will be blazing orange and red...pretty little things that they are.
                        Most likely IOU will replace COPRA..lol.

I guess most likely they would use AUO like BP...Or nothing, just a regular Gov. employee? Anything is possible at this point. For the record, I mostly thought that all these rumors were BS, but it seems there was some truth to them. To what extent, we will have to wait and see...

I would really like to join you up there. There are a couple of things holding me back though...But maybe one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                          Merlin, just a curiosity, but are you posting from a phone? Your turn around seem to be rather quick than most.
                          It's my day off.

Other than mowing the lawn and finishing things on my honey-do list, I've got few other things to do besides using the computer.

Comment

• Hi every one, I have not posted for 2 months but I have not missed one page. Sorry if I missed it before, but what is COPRA?

130 Days in TSU for Miami.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
                              Hi folks,

When I redid my fitness (7/31), they took my blood pressure and did an EKG on me, then I took my test. Just on Wednesday I got my forms for my medical expiring and turned it in on Thursday morning. So now I have a little green check next to my medical in CASS, "does that mean I'm back in TSU then"!!!! Haha I'm kidding, but I did get my green check mark, feels good to have it back!!
                              TO-6/16/08
                              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                                MSP is pretty quiet I just finished the ABDT on wensday. The trainer said orlando MCO is the resident nuthouse. 3000+ referals with 500 LEOs! we only get a handful
                                Yeah I heard they're pretty gun-ho... We have one guy who averages 20-30 referrals a month... I get about 1 or 2
                                CBPOJFK
                                Exam 03/2008---86
                                Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                                Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                                Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                                Drug Test---07/2008 check
                                VBT---07/2008 check
                                Fitness---8/2009 check
                                BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14745 users online. 465 members and 14280 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X