300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
    If this was the case, then the applicant would have received a letter from CBP HQ asking about their driver license status. The form this applicant received was a standard one that the MHC sends out.
    well i faxed this letter in this morning. i called the hotline later in the day and my background said completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
      Well, my friend and I failed the VBT coz I think we acted a little harsh with the aliens on the video. I would like to know if I will get a chance to retake it after the year. Since all other steps were already completed.
      If you are determined to have failed by the management at your port, you are able to appeal the decision, and the tape will be reviewed by a board at the MHC. Good luck, though... I hear they are much less forgiving than the individual ports.
      Last edited by HokieBird; 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM.
      CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Any chance MHC sent me a TO via USPS before my 37th bday yesterday??

I've been checking appmanager.gov but am not sure how often its updated?

*sniffle sniffle**
        Timelines:

CBPO
        App: 2/12/09
        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
        Written: 2/20/09
        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
        App: 5/5/09
        Geo: San Diego
        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
        NOR: 7/20/09
        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
        TO: 10/6/09
        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
        App: 8/17/10
        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
          Hello all current and future officers,

not new to the forums, but I haven't posted in a long time, just came back from Iraq not to long ago. I tested in 03/08 in philly, got my TO a little bit after that, and had to freeze my process because I was mobilized. Since I've been back they seemed to get me through the MED/FIT, Drug Screening, and VBT. So right now I'm all green checks except for my BI, which I'm still waiting for the call to meet with the investigator. I just wanted to say Congrats to everybody in TSU...I hope it doesnt take forever for my BI, but I know how that goes lol.
          Welcome back. I'm about to leave for Iraq very soon myself. My app has been put on "freeze" as well til Sept 2010. Good Luck.
          Last edited by rbakous1; 09-03-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• This is a joke email I received. It is meant to be a joke! It does not reflect my feelings or beliefs! (Just covering my ***)
            The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Army fatigues and
            stuck a patch onto the front of my shirt that I had downloaded off the
            Internet.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and
            left. I guess they decided that they weren't that sick after all.** **Cut
            at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of
            quicker emergency service.*

*It also works at DMV and the Laundromat**.

*Don't try it at McDonald's, the whole crew will exit and you'll never get
            your order**.*

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
              Any chance MHC sent me a TO via USPS before my 37th bday yesterday??

I've been checking appmanager.gov but am not sure how often its updated?

*sniffle sniffle**
              DCH as long as you started your process prior to your 37th birthday you are good!

Comment

• COPY THAT!

much grass 1895Fed.
                Timelines:

CBPO
                App: 2/12/09
                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                Written: 2/20/09
                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                App: 5/5/09
                Geo: San Diego
                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                NOR: 7/20/09
                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                TO: 10/6/09
                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                App: 8/17/10
                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• This just came across a ticker on the bottom of the tv while i was watching CNN.

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The economy may be in a downturn, but there's one bright spot for job seekers: the federal government.

Federal agencies will hire almost 273,000 employees for "mission-critical" jobs over the next three years, according to a new report from the non-profit group Partnership for Public Service.

The anticipated hiring spike -- a 41 percent jump compared to the last three fiscal years -- partly reflects "a need to replace retiring baby boomers and those leaving federal service for other reasons," the group concludes in a report released Thursday.

The government is also adding positions "to meet an increased demand for services fueled by factors such as two prolonged wars, pressing homeland security needs and the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression," the report notes.

The bulk of the hiring is projected to come from the Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs departments.

Comment

• This just came across a ticker on the bottom of the tv while i was watching CNN.

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The economy may be in a downturn, but there's one bright spot for job seekers: the federal government.

Federal agencies will hire almost 273,000 employees for "mission-critical" jobs over the next three years, according to a new report from the non-profit group Partnership for Public Service.

The anticipated hiring spike -- a 41 percent jump compared to the last three fiscal years -- partly reflects "a need to replace retiring baby boomers and those leaving federal service for other reasons," the group concludes in a report released Thursday.

The government is also adding positions "to meet an increased demand for services fueled by factors such as two prolonged wars, pressing homeland security needs and the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression," the report notes.

The bulk of the hiring is projected to come from the Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs departments.

Comment

• So then i started looking it up online and i came across this...

The Department of Homeland Security expects to hire for 65,730 positions by 2012, an increase of more than 48,000 from the previous three-year period.

Hopefully thats good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                        So then i started looking it up online and i came across this...

The Department of Homeland Security expects to hire for 65,730 positions by 2012, an increase of more than 48,000 from the previous three-year period.

Hopefully thats good news!

Yes it is because I heard they were only hiring 160 officers in FY10 as stated before!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1895FED View Post
                          DCH as long as you started your process prior to your 37th birthday you are good!
                          In accordance with Public Law 110-161, this position is covered under special
                          retirement provisions for Customs and Border Protection Officers; therefore,
                          candidates must be referred for selection for this position before reaching their
                          37th birthday. This age restriction may not apply if you are serving or have
                          served in a federal civilian (not military) law enforcement position covered by
                          Title 5 U.S.C 8336 (c) or Title 5 U.S.C 8412 (d). You will be eligible for
                          Special Customs and Border Protection Retirement Coverage, which conveys
                          retirement at age 50 or older with 20 years of service or after 25 years of
                          service at any age.

Comment

• I have never heard of anyone failing the video based interview. Are you sure you didn’t show up in your pajamas?

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                              I have never heard of anyone failing the video based interview. Are you sure you didn’t show up in your pajamas?
                              I promised myself i would never laugh at anyone's misfortune, but haha hoho hehe, that was funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin
                                There are dozens of posts in this thread about pay, overtime, differentials and compensation in general. It's a great idea to read the entire thread.
                                Found this to hold some good chuckles

653 pages to read the "entire" thread... I suppose that is possible considering the time people spend waiting for the fancy green check marks.

Not a negative post - more for the fun "smile of the day" comment - haha! Along Merlin's post, the "Search this Thread", as mentioned is a great resource for typing in key words such as "differential", etc.

Also, not too surprising - simply typing in the Google search - something of the sort - ex. "CBP gov differential pay" will also bring up a quick access tooo - none other than;

Originally posted by Google
                                CBP officer - Page 13 - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums ...25 posts -10 authors - Last post: Apr 9, 2007
                                If you want to apply for it go to CBP.GOV . .... Dude how much are you making now that you can say CBP pay is low? ...
                                forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49698...13 - Cached - Similar
                                Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11170 users online. 440 members and 10730 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X