300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
    They probably send them out in batches as damage control. There are about 1500 applicants after all.
    So are these the names of people who are at the top of the list of 1500?

I'm on the third row of names.

I know, there's no way to know that, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• You might be in the third row but that means nothing. The emails seem to have around 100 names. People have been saying there are 1500-2000 in TSU. So there was probably 15-20 emails with 100 recipiants each. I think this email is MHC trying to lower its call volume and it will have no effect on training dates. It seems like most of the country is in a hiring freeze, probably waiting for 2010 funds to clear and kick start it back up. Thats why almost everyone in so many different locations received the message.
      TSU- 07/14/09
      location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
        Hey heres a question for Merlin and any other CBPO's or people who know a CBPO. I know that ports and border positions can have crazy workloads and manditory OT. The position I am going for is at the Minneapolis Airport. We have a few Mexico flights and a couple from Narita and Amsterdam. Do airport positions have as hectic a workload? I have three years in with TSA. Does that mean I will start at GS-7 step 3? And if my starting pay is $43,000 what can I expect to make after OT? My wife wants to know so she can adjust her spending to keep us in debt.
        Airports, like MSP, have a fairly constant and fairly scheduled workload, say compared to a landborder which is totally un-scheduled and un-constant. An airport like MSP will see lots of little stuff, but not much big stuff. The Mexico flights usually slow in the summer and pick up in the winter time. And yes, it can be hectic when 2 or 3 big flights all arrive at the same time, but then it could be dead quiet for hours before and after.

And for OT, like Big said, pretend it isn't there. Base your whole life around that base salary and if you do get some OT, then it's just gravy man.

Comment

• Fy 2010

Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
          Just for fun I called the number for TSU; the lady I spoke with was pretty nice. She said that there's about 1500 people in the TSU pipeline and right now they are only filling needs on a individual basis (i.e. someone quits, is promoted, etc...). She said that she wasn't sure what would happen once the Federal budget comes in and said maybe they'll know more then.
          Being FY10 is right around the corner more openings will open up......however I have heard a rumor that CBP is only hiring like 160 for FY10. I am sure San Ysidro alone could use those numbers all year! Remember just a rumor!

Comment

• Job

So HELO what job are you going to take if you get offered all 3 inquiring minds would want to know?

Comment

Yeah another TSO!! What is your current position? I am a MBDO (Master Behavior Detection Officer)
              Is NYC TSA as crazy as MSP?
              Same here.... MBDO in LGA. You?
              CBPOJFK
              Exam 03/2008---86
              Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
              Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
              Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
              Drug Test---07/2008 check
              VBT---07/2008 check
              Fitness---8/2009 check
              BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Hello all current and future officers,

not new to the forums, but I haven't posted in a long time, just came back from Iraq not to long ago. I tested in 03/08 in philly, got my TO a little bit after that, and had to freeze my process because I was mobilized. Since I've been back they seemed to get me through the MED/FIT, Drug Screening, and VBT. So right now I'm all green checks except for my BI, which I'm still waiting for the call to meet with the investigator. I just wanted to say Congrats to everybody in TSU...I hope it doesnt take forever for my BI, but I know how that goes lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                  Cmon guys, use your brains. Most everyone received the email because they are in TSU and people have been inquiring more often as to why its taking so long since hiring has slowed. They sent the email to tell you to relax its gonna take some time. They offered a chance to inquire if you are sitting around weeks and weeks from now, not to call them the next morning and be a dufus.

The email is not location specific. You did not get the email because you live here or there or wherever. Everyone for the most part in TSU got it. Relax. It doesn't mean anything. By calling and bothering them it just slows down their work. I understand those not on the forums wondering whats going on but people here have a better vantage point than others that aren't using these forums and you know whats going on. You are in the same place you were last time you called/emailed/sent a smoke signal.

Im sorry if I sound belligerent but the lack of logic around here astounds me sometimes.
                  +1. Absolutely their way of telling people to quit calling. Put it this way, if they had a funded spot for you, you would have been called rather than being in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    People were in TSU for about a day to a couple of weeks before getting "the call"... This was pretty much the way it was for about the 2 years I've been in the process till now with the current hold up... Of course there were the few ports that had limited spots available (at least from the people on this forum getting called) and others that were pushed through (from Test to Hire in 3 months). All of you guys in TSU need to quit asking "why don't I get the call already?" and be thanking God that your steps went through without any hang-ups and you are simply waiting for the final offer!... There are a few of us here that have been waiting on the BI to clear for much longer than anyone currently in TSU.

If you are employed at the moment and are in TSU, then just wait your turn, the job is right there waiting for you!...
                    Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      That's actually my buddy's email address hahaha

Comment

Hey heres a question for Merlin and any other CBPO's or people who know a CBPO. I know that ports and border positions can have crazy workloads and manditory OT. The position I am going for is at the Minneapolis Airport. We have a few Mexico flights and a couple from Narita and Amsterdam. Do airport positions have as hectic a workload? I have three years in with TSA. Does that mean I will start at GS-7 step 3? And if my starting pay is $43,000 what can I expect to make after OT? My wife wants to know so she can adjust her spending to keep us in debt.
                        DONT LIVE OFF OVERTIME.. BASE YOU LIVING OFF OF YOUR 40 HR CHECK.. THATS WHY PEOPLE HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS. IM BASING THIS ON COMMON SENCE AND FROM WORKING WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE 120K+ ( YES DUE TO OVERTIME) THEN OUR JOB WENT TO 40HRS A WK AND NO OT.. GOD HOW THEY CRIED,BITCHED HATED THE WORLD AND RAN AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH THERE HEAD CUT OFF.. SO MY ADVICE. 40HR WK CHECK = WHAT YOU SHOULD BE SPENDING.
                        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          +1. Absolutely their way of telling people to quit calling. Put it this way, if they had a funded spot for you, you would have been called rather than being in TSU.
                          If this email was to get people to quit calling then why the heck would they encourage us to call them. "However, we understand your desire to enter on duty and we encourage you to continue to contact the Training Scheduling Unit at (612) 467-7017 to check on the status of your application."

P.S. Did anyone waiting for JFK get the e-mail? I was kind of hoping for a new TO in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            If this email was to get people to quit calling then why the heck would they encourage us to call them. "However, we understand your desire to enter on duty and we encourage you to continue to contact the Training Scheduling Unit at (612) 467-7017 to check on the status of your application."

P.S. Did anyone waiting for JFK get the e-mail? I was kind of hoping for a new TO in the near future.
                            Maybe they assumed most sane people wouldnt feel the need to call anytime in the near future after recieving this notice. That being said, are there any sane people left out there after this process?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Maybe they assumed most sane people wouldnt feel the need to call anytime in the near future after recieving this notice. That being said, are there any sane people left out there after this process?
                              I know for a fact that there is at least 1 less sane person in my neck of the woods. Maybe this is MHC's way of thinning the herd.
                              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                                I know for a fact that there is at least 1 less sane person in my neck of the woods. Maybe this is MHC's way of thinning the herd.
                                Probably the new hiring procedures. Just inconvenience and F' with people randomly. If they can survive 18 months of torture, give them a job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9826 users online. 498 members and 9328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X