• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
    +1, got it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
      Yeah I understand I almost gave up myself on NYC but I work for TSA so I'm in a stable job somewhat. Well hopefully you'll get that transfer in a few yrs.
      Yeah another TSO!! What is your current position? I am a MBDO (Master Behavior Detection Officer)
      Is NYC TSA as crazy as MSP?
      TSU- 07/14/09
      location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
        Same here! I got the e-mail with everyones addresses! My geo location is L.A./ Long Beach. So does this mean we have to find another location or just be stuck here forever?
        I got the same e-mail and my geo is also LAX/LGB. It seems like by them sending an e-mail like that, it brings up more questions than answers. They said that they encourage the people in TSU to contact them by phone or e-mail. I'll be calling them tomorrow.
        CBP Officer:
        TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
        EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• So I got home today to a packet from MHS, it's 4 pages long basically asking questions if anything has changed since my last medical exam, and nothing has changed (except losing weight)!! I'm to mail my answers back, or fax it, I will be faxing it back tomorrow ASAP!! Hopefully this is all I will have to do in regards to my medical expiring, we will see. Also, I didn't receive the email everybody is talking about, so we'll see. Will keep you guys posted....
          TO-6/16/08
          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
            I got the same e-mail and my geo is also LAX/LGB. It seems like by them sending an e-mail like that, it brings up more questions than answers. They said that they encourage the people in TSU to contact them by phone or e-mail. I'll be calling them tomorrow.
            same here, calling first thing in the am. Seems they're in for a rude awakening if they had hoped for that email to lower the volume of calls going in.
            "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
            TEST - 03/02/09
            NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
            TO - 04/06/09
            FORMS - 04/21/09
            MED/FIT - 04/29/09
            DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
            QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
            VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
            BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
            TSU - 08/14/09
            The "Call" - 01/14/11
            EOD - 02/07/11
            FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
            TEST - 12/13/10
            NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              Did the email name specific GEO locations? Can anyone post those GEO locations?
              So it named IL for sure.
              Just to avoid any confusion it didn't specify IL but that's my geographic preference.
              Last edited by blk98gt; 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM. Reason: Typing on a cell phone
              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Hey heres a question for Merlin and any other CBPO's or people who know a CBPO. I know that ports and border positions can have crazy workloads and manditory OT. The position I am going for is at the Minneapolis Airport. We have a few Mexico flights and a couple from Narita and Amsterdam. Do airport positions have as hectic a workload? I have three years in with TSA. Does that mean I will start at GS-7 step 3? And if my starting pay is $43,000 what can I expect to make after OT? My wife wants to know so she can adjust her spending to keep us in debt.
                TSU- 07/14/09
                location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                  Cmon guys, use your brains. Most everyone received the email because they are in TSU and people have been inquiring more often as to why its taking so long since hiring has slowed. They sent the email to tell you to relax its gonna take some time. They offered a chance to inquire if you are sitting around weeks and weeks from now, not to call them the next morning and be a dufus.

The email is not location specific. You did not get the email because you live here or there or wherever. Everyone for the most part in TSU got it. Relax. It doesn't mean anything. By calling and bothering them it just slows down their work. I understand those not on the forums wondering whats going on but people here have a better vantage point than others that aren't using these forums and you know whats going on. You are in the same place you were last time you called/emailed/sent a smoke signal.

Im sorry if I sound belligerent but the lack of logic around here astounds me sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                    Hey heres a question for Merlin and any other CBPO's or people who know a CBPO. I know that ports and border positions can have crazy workloads and manditory OT. The position I am going for is at the Minneapolis Airport. We have a few Mexico flights and a couple from Narita and Amsterdam. Do airport positions have as hectic a workload? I have three years in with TSA. Does that mean I will start at GS-7 step 3? And if my starting pay is $43,000 what can I expect to make after OT? My wife wants to know so she can adjust her spending to keep us in debt.
                    There is more to CBP operations than what you see, Cargo is often overlooked by TSA who come over to CBP, because they don't see that aspect. Also there are private Aircraft ect. I have not worked in Minneapolis, but they will keep you busy enough.

You should come in at the GS7 scale at what you were on Pay Banding if that is a 7/3 then that is what it will be. You can "count" on NO overtime. Overtime can not be predicted, if it could be then they would cover it with people they are not paying double to work. It is a fact of life, and you will work it after you are finished with your in house training, but it can never be counted on.
                    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. If you think of anything else please let me know. All us applicants really appreciate the job knowledge you and the other Officers bring to the forum.
                      TSU- 07/14/09
                      location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Cause the the year doesn't end until the end of this month... and 2010 doesn't begin until Oct. 1st...
                        Expect some movement after that date, but don't expect the type of movement we had a year ago...
                        Yoda, what kind/how much movement was there last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                          Yoda, what kind/how much movement was there last year?
                          People were in TSU for about a day to a couple of weeks before getting "the call"... This was pretty much the way it was for about the 2 years I've been in the process till now with the current hold up... Of course there were the few ports that had limited spots available (at least from the people on this forum getting called) and others that were pushed through (from Test to Hire in 3 months). All of you guys in TSU need to quit asking "why don't I get the call already?" and be thanking God that your steps went through without any hang-ups and you are simply waiting for the final offer!... There are a few of us here that have been waiting on the BI to clear for much longer than anyone currently in TSU.

If you are employed at the moment and are in TSU, then just wait your turn, the job is right there waiting for you!...
                          Last edited by yoda; 09-03-2009, 12:24 AM.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• TXCBP maybe your in then, because I received the e-mail and I am only 22days after your TSU date.

Comment

• I tell you, you work graveyard and miss all the news! And I just checked this forum before I went to sleep at 10AM. I have read the posts about this email that went out to applicants. I checked my email, but did not receive the email that is the talk of the forum. I am currently waiting for SFO/OAK. Another SFO/OAK applicant that PM'ed me hasn't gotten this email either.

Any other SFO/OAK applicants get the email?

We'll see what happens.....back to work on my IEA packet so I can get that mailed out and play more waiting games.
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Cause the the year doesn't end until the end of this month... and 2010 doesn't begin until Oct. 1st...
                                Expect some movement after that date, but don't expect the type of movement we had a year ago...
                                well i got the email too.. and i got few comment.

1. someone in the office might be in trouble... he/she just "To:" everybody, instead of "B.c.c" to everybody... isnt' our email address belong to PII?

2. i think alot of those in LAO / LB area... someone from CSUF.. etc, and myself and few ppl already said they are from LAX/LB area

3. i count it.. is 100 people in the list... so we know how many need to be wait now.

well let's wait and see who will have enough patient!!!!

good luck guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12757 users online. 481 members and 12276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X