300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
    Are you seriously thinking about working in a law enforcement position with an attitude like this? You need an administrative job, sir. You seem much to young and immature to work as an LEO. Please stay away from any profession that requires you to handle a weapon. It's not if you need to use that weapon, it's when! I can tell you first hand. However, I am not a CBPO. Anytime you are in uniform, you are a target. Perhaps the academy will give you the right mind set.
    To my understanding I believe you are a sworn LEO. I'm sure of what I want and not interested in an adminstrative position and if its considered to be an attitude when speaking what you think regardless if you share the same thought as I than let it be. Isn't that the purpose of a forum, expressing your thoughts? I mean no disrespect to none of the folks on this forum including yourself. I do agree with you on "Anytime you are in uniform, you are a target". That is the soul purpose of any LEO academy, to provide the right mind set.

Once again I mean no disrespect to you or others on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Its highly unlikely they will call you and tell you. You can contact MHC after your BI clears in CASS and ask if you have full clearance or if you were cleared on a waiver. Other than that, if you get to leave FLETC with your gun and badge, you're fully cleared.
      Are you kidding me? All this time and I thought you were issued your firearm at your local POE not at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
        Are you kidding me? All this time and I thought you were issued your firearm at your local POE not at FLETC.
        I think he meant graduation from FLETC.
        TO: 4/09/09
        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Jperkins1021 View Post
          I was just hired on 08/17/2009 and go to FLETC on Sept 10th - Dec 30th... From my understanding, they are hiring between 4 and 10 people every Monday. We are supposed to get 10 more people tomorrow for Class 971
          Jperkins, where did you get the info regarding the hiring calls on every Monday? Let us all know for those of us who are in line awaiting for the call. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
            I am. My TSU date is 6/11/09. I believe I am the first in line, from Jdlewis post, but correct me if I am wrong.
            After many phone calls with TSU I was told I was second in the pipeline. However, I called a few weeks later and was told they usually do not give that type of information out for various reasons and should have not been told this. Yet, was not told that this information was wrong. Whatever the case I think we will be amongst the first to receive phone calls if they ever come.

By the way... What's Washington like? I have never been there, but from the pictures I have seen it looks beautiful. I have several friends who use to live there and they have told me it's very nice. This will be a long road trip for me when I finally get the call (Buffalo to Washington), but I am looking forward to it. It will be a great adventure. I just want to be a CBPO, and I will travel anywhere for the opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
              To my understanding I believe you are a sworn LEO. I'm sure of what I want and not interested in an adminstrative position and if its considered to be an attitude when speaking what you think regardless if you share the same thought as I than let it be. Isn't that the purpose of a forum, expressing your thoughts? I mean no disrespect to none of the folks on this forum including yourself. I do agree with you on "Anytime you are in uniform, you are a target". That is the soul purpose of any LEO academy, to provide the right mind set.

Once again I mean no disrespect to you or others on board.
              Boricua!...
              You just joined the Forum and you are trying too hard to prove your point or point of view. We have all been the FNG, but more than half, actually take the time to read previous posts from the past to learn. Mi consejo, quedate en la eaquina, lee y escucha!
              There are a few CBPO's like Merlin and KC12 that frequently help us applicants, and if you would've taken the time to read the thread, you would've known this. The post that initiated all of this debate, frankly, looked like an ignorant one (with very little thought behind it) to be honest. The experiences from the CBPO's and BPA's that you have heard about in PR are not the same as everywhere else on the main land.

There are a few of us that have been in the process for a very long time as well, and have come across many bumps on the road, and we are still waiting... In the meantime we gather here to share knowledge and to help each other out throughout the process. Quit trying to make your case, you have failed on that front, now please take your place in line and if you actually have something that will benefit others please share...

Did not want to have a say about this to a fellow "islander" but man... you keep going at it, let it go!
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                NICE...I've been signing in all morning on CASS, and it finally updated today as well...

I see you're going for JFK...man, I wish I had the TO for it.
                Why did u switch? If u don't mind
                CBPOJFK
                Exam 03/2008---86
                Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                Drug Test---07/2008 check
                VBT---07/2008 check
                Fitness---8/2009 check
                BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                  Here is California, you can get shot at Walmart. All of you from Cali know what I am talking about. It's pretty bad. I won't even let my wife shop there alone. I would say walmart is more dangerous than our local airport/Port, atleast it is here in Cali.
                  How is that possible??? Cali has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. I don't understand how there is still crime with gun control! :-p. Hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                    I think he meant graduation from FLETC.
                    Nope. A buddy of mine just got back 2 weeks ago. He took some leave and stopped for a short vacation and told me he carried off duty. I asked him about his weapon and he said they now give it to you when you leave the academy. Brand new policy i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdlewis View Post
                      By the way... What's Washington like? I have never been there, but from the pictures I have seen it looks beautiful. I have several friends who use to live there and they have told me it's very nice. This will be a long road trip for me when I finally get the call (Buffalo to Washington), but I am looking forward to it. It will be a great adventure. I just want to be a CBPO, and I will travel anywhere for the opportunity.
                      Washington is very nice. I've been here since I was 7 years old. I enjoy the four seasons, especially spring, summer, and the fall. I lived in Eastern Washington (near the border with Idaho) for about 11 years before I moved over to Seattle (Western Washington) for college (UW). I've been here for 6 years now. There is more rain in western than eastern and more greener. Before you can tell how much each side would snow or the how hot it is but it's been very different this year. We just experienced a heat wave last month. If you enjoy civilization, I suggest you take a port that is on the western side of WA. Anything east is, well, you will need to be creative with your entertainment. Before, I don't mind living in the middle of no where, but now that my son is born, I want to get him the best opportunity for his education, which ideally close to western side of the state. I don't mind retiring (I am only 26, many more years to go) in Eastern Washington.
                      Last edited by Khue; 09-01-2009, 07:17 PM.
                      TO: 4/09/09
                      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

If you can, you should pick a port in western Washington. It's nearer to civilization. If you can, I'd try to avoid Point Roberts, but if that's the only western Washington choice they give you, I'd take it. Everyone calls it 'Point Bob.'

Western Washington is nice. Eastern Washington is a lot like the midwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
                          If you can, you should pick a port in western Washington. It's nearer to civilization. If you can, I'd try to avoid Point Roberts, but if that's the only western Washington choice they give you, I'd take it. Everyone calls it 'Point Bob.'

Western Washington is nice. Eastern Washington is a lot like the midwest.
                          thanks for the advice. What is going on with point roberts that I should stay away?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Nope. A buddy of mine just got back 2 weeks ago. He took some leave and stopped for a short vacation and told me he carried off duty. I asked him about his weapon and he said they now give it to you when you leave the academy. Brand new policy i guess.
                            Started issuing them at FLETC about a month ago. Shipping is expensive, and we are trying to cut costs everywhere.
                            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                              Started issuing them at FLETC about a month ago. Shipping is expensive, and we are trying to cut costs everywhere.
                              Yeah it makes sense. Why spend money to ship when you've already been certified by the CBP training staff and you are gonna have to be responsible with it for 20 years after you get it anyway?

Comment

thanks for the advice. What is going on with point roberts that I should stay away?
                                It's just a small port that is not attached to the mainland. It's a penninsula attached to Canada a few miles away from Blaine. Not a hell of a lot going on there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9727 users online. 364 members and 9363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X