300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
    I am. My TSU date is 6/11/09. I believe I am the first in line, from Jdlewis post, but correct me if I am wrong.
    Nice...i wonder if we're gona be in the class...
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

Anyone know whether if they will tell you if you are fully completed with the BI when they offer you the job? So far now news or an NOPA.
      Its highly unlikely they will call you and tell you. You can contact MHC after your BI clears in CASS and ask if you have full clearance or if you were cleared on a waiver. Other than that, if you get to leave FLETC with your gun and badge, you're fully cleared.

Comment

Anyone know whether if they will tell you if you are fully completed with the BI when they offer you the job? So far now news or an NOPA.
        LOL...i actually have the same question...
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

• Hey barnaj. Thanks, as always. You are a man full of knowledge. Hope we all get the call soon and be in the same class.
          TO: 4/09/09
          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Its highly unlikely they will call you and tell you. You can contact MHC after your BI clears in CASS and ask if you have full clearance or if you were cleared on a waiver. Other than that, if you get to leave FLETC with your gun and badge, you're fully cleared.
            Oh by the way, I was cleared on a waiver, but I will call again to find out.

Comment

Hey barnaj. Thanks, as always. You are a man full of knowledge. Hope we all get the call soon and be in the same class.
              No problem. Thats what the forum is here for. Yeah it stinks thinking you might come home from fletc without your stuff if you have a clean background. This happens to some people simply because the BI's are moving slowly. Your instructors check periodically towards the end of training to try and let everyone know what their status is.

Comment

Oh by the way, I was cleared on a waiver, but I will call again to find out.
                So how did you manage to get into TSU before your BI cleared?

Comment

• You got me. I just called the hiring center, the person answer the phone was nice. All she said was I had a pre clearance because they went through my record and saw nothing. So they just passed me over to TSU. She said I will not get fully cleared until I get to the academy...I am not worry about my background, but worry about my association with my brother. He done something he is not very proud off and he got into trouble. Let just say he did his 2 years and now have a stable job.
                  Last edited by Khue; 09-01-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

You got me. I just called the hiring center, the person answer the phone was nice. All she said was I had a pre clearance because they went through my record and saw nothing. So they just passed me over to TSU. She said I will not get fully cleared until I get to the academy...I am not worry about my background, but worry about my association with my brother. He done something he is not very proud off and he got into trouble. Let just say he did his 2 years and now have a stable job.
                    well..IMO, i dont think they would hold anything against you since its your brother that done something in the past, not you.
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                      well..IMO, i dont think they would hold anything against you since its your brother that done something in the past, not you.
                      True. I believe the only time you can be held up by family influence is when it is a matter of illegal immigrants or terrorists ties and those sorts of things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                        I think you should realize that you are talking to a currently sworn CBP officer before you try to tell him how high or low risk his job is. He has been around a lot longer than you have.

FB
                        Firebug I honestly did not know Merlin was a sworn CBPO. I guess he himself can give us much more light into the matter of how things are on the job. Don't get me wrong I'm not telling knowone what is or what is not a risky job, its just what I think. My facts come from sworn CBPO and BPA friends of mine that are already on the job and has shared their experiences. That is why I have come to that conclusion.

Comment

• Got Referred to Scheduling on 8/28/2009... It just updated 5 min ago
                          CBPOJFK
                          Exam 03/2008---86
                          Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                          Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                          Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                          Drug Test---07/2008 check
                          VBT---07/2008 check
                          Fitness---8/2009 check
                          BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            True. I believe the only time you can be held up by family influence is when it is a matter of illegal immigrants or terrorists ties and those sorts of things.
                            i agree...
                            TSU - 8/28/09
                            TO - 3/2009
                            On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
                              Got Referred to Scheduling on 8/28/2009... It just updated 5 min ago
                              NICE...I've been signing in all morning on CASS, and it finally updated today as well...

I see you're going for JFK...man, I wish I had the TO for it.
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                                You'll be surprised. I tested four times with the local police department and passed all written and physical tests. The problem is that they see it as a liability, and I tested every year. I tested the same time the 2nd time with my friend and he is currently a police officer for that department. They keep telling me to apply again next year, and next year again and it have been 4 years now. From this experience, I know stuff happens, but I am not giving up on my dream to become a law enforcement officer. What I like about CBPO is that they are giving me the opportunity to look at me and not what my brother did. I came from a terrible third world country and I saw corruption from officials and civil servant. What I hate most is the corruption. Stuff like that don't make the country prosper, but diminish the trust and spirit of the people.
                                Last edited by Khue; 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7934 users online. 204 members and 7730 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X