Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Who's worked up?

Nobody should ever apply to any LEO position thinking it's a "low risk job". Those who want low risk...Walmart is always hiring.
    Putting aside the high/low risk issue, whats your GEO and TSU date?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Dont get too worked up. If people really "wanted" action all day every day, they'd join the marines and choose infantry for the MOS.
      Hey Barnaj, is there any space available in the nut house for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
        Hey Barnaj, is there any space available in the nut house for me?
        Exactly my point. People shouldn't pretend they want to be in an enviornment where they get into a firefight everyday. If they did they would try out for the special forces.

Comment

Merlin436, no offense but I think you have been too long in the dog house, . Lets put it this way so that others may understand what I'm trying to say. There are jobs with a higher risk (e.g., a soldier in Irak hoping not to get dropped by a bomb.) and there are those kinds of jobs which are "low risk" in which you will not have to pull out your gun on an everyday basis because you will get shot at. It all depends where all the action based on you GEO preference. If you choose a GEO somewhere north lets say US/Canada border it is most likely that there is a "low risk" in comparison to the US/Mexico border which has a higher risk. Resuming the high/low risk issue and hoping to put some closure to it, whether CBP or BPA there will ALWAYS be some sort of "high risk" or "low risk".

Hope that you don't take this personal.
          and its IRAQ..... not irak..lol just wanted to chime in..sry
          CBPO

Comment

• I think we have to respect the opinions or comments of anyone at the forum. Maybe we doesn't have the same perception or goal , someones applied for this job for the pay/salaries, benefits, others have this sense of obligation to service this Country , but we all are in the same path, get the job.
            So don't blame anyone that doesn't have the same expectations than you

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Who's worked up?

Nobody should ever apply to any LEO position thinking it's a "low risk job". Those who want low risk...Walmart is always hiring.
              Here is California, you can get shot at Walmart. All of you from Cali know what I am talking about. It's pretty bad. I won't even let my wife shop there alone. I would say walmart is more dangerous than our local airport/Port, atleast it is here in Cali.

Comment

I'm long on the job.

4 states...and upwards of 15 different ports/crossings/facilities worth.

Comment

I think you should realize that you are talking to a currently sworn CBP officer before you try to tell him how high or low risk his job is. He has been around a lot longer than you have.

FB

Comment

• Sorry, Merlin we are typing at the same time. Couldn't just let that go.

FB

Comment

• Well, looks like I'm gonna see my 37th come and go without a TO for CBPO..
                      Last edited by DCH; 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM.
                      Timelines:

CBPO
                      App: 2/12/09
                      Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                      Written: 2/20/09
                      NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                      TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                      App: 5/5/09
                      Geo: San Diego
                      Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                      NOR: 7/20/09
                      Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                      TO: 10/6/09
                      Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                      Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                      Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                      App: 8/17/10
                      Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                      TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Merlin436, no offense but I think you have been too long in the dog house, . Lets put it this way so that others may understand what I'm trying to say. There are jobs with a higher risk (e.g., a soldier in Irak hoping not to get dropped by a bomb.) and there are those kinds of jobs which are "low risk" in which you will not have to pull out your gun on an everyday basis because you will get shot at. It all depends where all the action based on you GEO preference. If you choose a GEO somewhere north lets say US/Canada border it is most likely that there is a "low risk" in comparison to the US/Mexico border which has a higher risk. Resuming the high/low risk issue and hoping to put some closure to it, whether CBP or BPA there will ALWAYS be some sort of "high risk" or "low risk".

Hope that you don't take this personal.
                        Are you seriously thinking about working in a law enforcement position with an attitude like this? You need an administrative job, sir. You seem much to young and immature to work as an LEO. Please stay away from any profession that requires you to handle a weapon. It's not if you need to use that weapon, it's when! I can tell you first hand. However, I am not a CBPO. Anytime you are in uniform, you are a target. Perhaps the academy will give you the right mind set.

Comment

• Anyone waiting in TSU for WA-Northern Borders

I get this feeling I'm going to be waiting for a longgggg time.

TSU - 8/28/09
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

• I am. My TSU date is 6/11/09. I believe I am the first in line, from Jdlewis post, but correct me if I am wrong.
                            TO: 4/09/09
                            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Anyone know whether if they will tell you if you are fully completed with the BI when they offer you the job? So far now news or an NOPA.
                              TO: 4/09/09
                              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                              TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• qwertyuiop
                                Last edited by sillyapple; 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM. Reason: grammar
                                Integrity First
                                Service Before Self
                                Excellence In All We Do

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9353 users online. 321 members and 9032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X