300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dajob
    Yep. I think that the guy whos been in trouble, admitted it, and paid the price is less likely to try and get away with something than someone who did stuff and never got caught. I dont know, with the amount of people on the "wall of shame", its hard to believe a BI even matters.
    Amen brother ! Backgrounds by and large are a joke . One Agency hires you another turns you down. If your cri . record is clear,credit good ,job history good ,driving record good you should be able to have an interview and be allowed some explaination of your problems. Maybe in front of a board. Our wall of Shame is Shamefull . But look at who slips through . We just do not recruit law enforcement dedicated folks . We go after the lowest of the low those without jobs ,prior law enforcement expierience ,lack of schooling and they are getting younger and younger .

Hey there he is. Hows it goin' HTJ?

Long time no see. Missed you buddy welcome back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdlewis View Post
      Hello all,

I have been in TSU for Washington Northern Border since 6/12/2009 and today I will contribute my first post. I have been following the forum for months now and must say it is very interesting. I have learned a wealth of information from this forum, including the following: Many people have been in the TSU far longer than I, "Girly" got jipped on her step test, another guy told the truth about smoking some dope and has been waiting for 2 years, and I think I want Merlin's autograph! All kidding aside the reason I have decided to post is to inform my fellow Buffalonians about some important intel. I just talked to one of my good friends who is a cbpo in buffalo. He told me the following: he was told by a credible source within his chain of command that Buffalo is not sending anyone to the academy until October, when the new fiscal year starts. Basically there is a hiring freeze at least in buffalo, because funds have been exhausted. This might not be accurate, but I do not see why he would try to deceive me (so people waiting for buffalo it will be a little bit longer).
      I currently am in graduate school and will not let TSU dictate my life. Yet, I still get excited every time my phone rings. Goodnight Now!
      Also, from the multiple times I have called TSU I finally got them to tell me I am second in the pipeline. I know someone in this forum had TSU 6/11/2009 for N. Washington so that information might be of interest to you.
      Thank you for the info., Jdlewis! I was away for a week to enjoy the birth of my son. Now that my son is born, my stress level is somewhat lifted and I am happily waiting. I want my son to be born before I take off to FLETC. Now, the next step is getting back into my physical fitness routine again. Hope everyone is going well!
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Khue,

Congratulation on the birth of your son, now the real stress and fatigue begins!

T-
        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
          Thanks alot, I emailed them and this is what I got back,

The CASS system is correct. You have cleared all of the pre-employment processes at this time, and your file was referred to the Training and Scheduling unit. They will contact you when a funded position becomes available to offer you within your specific geographic location.

Now, I guess the waiting game officially starts now....
          TSU - 8/28/09
          TO - 3/2009
          On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
            Khue,

Congratulation on the birth of your son, now the real stress and fatigue begins!

T-
            Thanks, Thek9! Yeah, raising a baby is fun, but with all fun there is stress and fatigue involved.
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Why did you choose to apply with CBP?

Hey folks, just want to hear what are the different reasons in why did you apply for a CBPO position rather than a BPA position excluding the pay? I'm curious to know your answer and also see if they are the same or similiar reasons as mine?

My reason for applying with CBP is, excluding pay and benefits, a low risk job compared to Border Patrol and its navy blue uniform.

Comment

• Probably the biggest reason was that I could choose where I wanted to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post

The CASS system is correct. You have cleared all of the pre-employment processes at this time, and your file was referred to the Training and Scheduling unit. They will contact you when a funded position becomes available to offer you within your specific geographic location.

Welcome, buddy!

See you at Fletc in 2050
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
                    Hey folks, just want to hear what are the different reasons in why did you apply for a CBPO position rather than a BPA position excluding the pay? I'm curious to know your answer and also see if they are the same or similiar reasons as mine?

My reason for applying with CBP is, excluding pay and benefits, a low risk job compared to Border Patrol and its navy blue uniform.
                    WOW, because of "its navy blue uniform"!!! It is nice, but .....
                    Last edited by TXCBP; 08-31-2009, 10:30 PM.
                    TO-6/16/08
                    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

I emailed them this morning and received the same response. Hopefully we can get into JFK FY2010 meaning OCT. LOL I man can dream cant he.
                      CBPOJFK
                      Exam 03/2008---86
                      Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                      Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                      Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                      Drug Test---07/2008 check
                      VBT---07/2008 check
                      Fitness---8/2009 check
                      BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

• I have read that BPA's only make 20% overtime compared to CBPO's 50%. Why is there this huge difference and will CBPO potentially go down to 20% under a new contract?

"Q: Are Border Patrol Agents compensated for overtime work?
                          A: Yes. Upon return to their official duty stations, after completion of training at the Academy, Agents may earn from 10% to 25% additional pay for the performance of extra duty time. Additionally, Agents also receive night deferential pay, Sunday pay and Holiday pay (CBP website)."

If this is true BPA is certainly not the way to go. I applied for both but that's a huge difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarineSniper21 View Post
                            New here hello everyone. I took the test in May of this year in El Paso, TX. I received my NOR in June. My Geo Preference is West Texas, NM. Has anyone received a TO yet that tested around this time frame? Oh and my score was an 89. Any one station in the El Paso port of entry? If so are they low on people there?
                            I was just hired on 08/17/2009 and go to FLETC on Sept 10th - Dec 30th... From my understanding, they are hiring between 4 and 10 people every Monday. We are supposed to get 10 more people tomorrow for Class 971
                            CBPO
                            Written: ~06-08
                            T.O.: 3-09
                            Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                            Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                            Medical: 4-09 Completed
                            VBT: 3-09 Completed
                            Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                            Quals: 4-09 Completed
                            B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                            Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                            TSU:08-07-09
                            EOD:08-17-09
                            FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• It seems to me that so many people have applied for these jobs ie CBPO and BPA and they have no clue of what they are getting themselves in to. They have no clue on what the job is about, what the academy is like, even what their pay compensation is. There is more than enough information online and in the packets of paperwork that they send you, that if you're too lazy to read all of your forms, or go online and research the career that you are getting in to, then maybe you should be looking into another line of work. For the person comparing BPA to Customs because of "low risk" and the color of the uniform, maybe you should re think your career choice because any law enforcement job carries risk (do you think they give you the gun just for looks?) And believe me after a few months on the job you wont give a crap what color the uniform is! Yikes! I cant believe some of these people are serious! Oh and FYI depending upon the POE, many customs officers are forced to work over time, sometimes even double shifts, when BPA's usually have 2hrs of AUO (automatic uncontrollable overtime) so the average shift for a BPA is 10hrs. everyone has different prefrences and needs, but at least have your facts straight and know what you're getting in to before you waste space in line when someone who really wants the job for the right reasons and know what is involved could happily take your spot. (Just thought I would get that off my chest)
                              Geo Preference: East Texas
                              TSU: 4/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Welcome, buddy!

See you at Fletc in 2050

Ha!!!!!!!!! Thats great, but true. LOL!!! Tuffstuff I will see you when you retire there....

Oh and what we have to keep in mind here ppl is that They are gonna hire where they need ppl, meaning it doesnt matter what when you took your test we can clearly see that for example Just as Jperkins1021 has just stated. There are a few of us for the same location (east texas) and I believe TXCBP has the earliest TSU date---- if you have a location such as west texas/south texas---they need people to fill bc of the high drug traffic and smuggling... Im definately seeing that those ppl are getting called for quick EODs.
                                TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9460 users online. 536 members and 8924 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X