Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there are any CBPO's that have had their 5 year Background Investigation that are on this forum, can you please send me a private message. I have some questions I would like to ask. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Walking in my shoes

Originally posted by kenpo1 View Post
      I won't hold you to it, but that is good to know. I have not had a face to face with an investigator. All correspondence has been via mail/phone. I don't live anywhere near the hiring center and have had to travel quite a ways just for my written exam and VBT. However, I have not made any attempts to contact an investigator. So far, everything has gone smoothly and fairly quick compared to some of the others I've seen on this site, so I have not had a reason to. The letter of unsuitability I recently received really took me back after all I've gone through to get this far.
      I received the same type of NOPA letter back in Nov. 2008. I replied within 30 days with a 3 page letter explaining how my employer closed down....I was laid off for a year.....blah blah blah.....and eventually went through a bankruptcy. I also contacted my lawyer and he was happy to send a letter backing up everything I stated. I overnighted everything via FedEx and required a signature at destination. I haven't heard anything directly about the NOPA but my qualifications have since cleared and I received a letter stating I will have to redo my fitness test in the near future.....hence...I take that as good news. Go for it ...write that letter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
        I received the same type of NOPA letter back in Nov. 2008. I replied within 30 days with a 3 page letter explaining how my employer closed down....I was laid off for a year.....blah blah blah.....and eventually went through a bankruptcy. I also contacted my lawyer and he was happy to send a letter backing up everything I stated. I overnighted everything via FedEx and required a signature at destination. I haven't heard anything directly about the NOPA but my qualifications have since cleared and I received a letter stating I will have to redo my fitness test in the near future.....hence...I take that as good news. Go for it ...write that letter!

Thanks for this very helpful information. It sounds like your scenario is almost exactly the same as mine and things are working out for you, so I will feel a little better about staying positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
          Anyone with a GEO in Laredo, Texas? or maybe Puerto Rico?
          Me...currently in TSU for Laredo
          "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
          TEST - 03/02/09
          NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
          TO - 04/06/09
          FORMS - 04/21/09
          MED/FIT - 04/29/09
          DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
          QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
          VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
          BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
          TSU - 08/14/09
          The "Call" - 01/14/11
          EOD - 02/07/11
          FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
          TEST - 12/13/10
          NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• I was arrested three times, DWI and two more times for driving with a suspended license. This all happened close to 10 years ago. I got an NOPA, obviously, and appealed since that all happened when I was a stupid teenager. I passed my background. Definitely write that letter. On a side note, I never got any confirmation that they received the letter I wrote or anything at all when I was found suitable. I checked CASS one day and the little green check mark was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
              I was arrested three times, DWI and two more times for driving with a suspended license. This all happened close to 10 years ago. I got an NOPA, obviously, and appealed since that all happened when I was a stupid teenager. I passed my background. Definitely write that letter. On a side note, I never got any confirmation that they received the letter I wrote or anything at all when I was found suitable. I checked CASS one day and the little green check mark was there.
              How long did it take them to clear you after you submitted your response?

Comment

• I thought the hiring was supposed to pick up by now. When are they going to start spending that 2010 money? We know they got it. Anyone know if they have filled FLETC for October through December?
                When did this hiring drought start, last February or March?

Comment

• Day 1 TSU - East Texas
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                    Day 1 TSU - East Texas
                    Welcome!!! TSU 12-1-08 for E. Texas also!!!
                    TO-6/16/08
                    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                      I thought the hiring was supposed to pick up by now. When are they going to start spending that 2010 money? We know they got it. Anyone know if they have filled FLETC for October through December?
                      When did this hiring drought start, last February or March?
                      You can thank the new administration for this. Just read the budget they put out for CBP.....things don't look good. Don't worry though, they got Chevy's back.
                      Last edited by tippmann87; 08-27-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        How long did it take them to clear you after you submitted your response?
                        About two months after I got the notice is when it changed on CASS. The most frustrating part was that I never got any sort of response at allfrom the government. No phone call, letter or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                          About two months after I got the notice is when it changed on CASS. The most frustrating part was that I never got any sort of response at allfrom the government. No phone call, letter or anything.
                          If you ask me, that is the best case scenario. Id much rather not be contacted at all and just clear one day. No news is good news!

Comment

• Day 155 in TSU for Miami, FL

Comment

• Day 124 in TSU for Miami, FL
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Day 146 in TSU for SF/OAK.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9227 users online. 436 members and 8791 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X