300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
    My adjudicator called me in march and said she was sending my file to the supervisors to get the final decision. If my issue is looked at objectively than I should have gotten a dq. I just don't see how it takes 5 months to get my decision. I would hope that they weigh other factors and make a decision based how someone has changed and what they have accomplished since that issue. My issue was light mj use 9 years ago. I should have just lied and I would already be working. My advice to anyone having similar issues is to just lie. They say they want honesty and integrity, but do they really? If I get dq it will show that it is looked at objectively no matter what.
    It is supposed to be a "whole life" encompassing decision. It's hard to believe that sometimes, since logic tells you that people focus on the negatives that are on paper and de-emphasize all the good you've done and the good people say about you. It's a very negative society. How many times at work have you come in early, stayed late or excelled and never got recognition? But screw up once or come in late and the crawl up your rear end. I know someone who admitted to drug use 9 yrs ago (never arrested or anything) because they thought honesty was the best policy. Well, they got asked to withdraw without ever getting a face to face interview. Lost their shot at CBPO and BPA in one shot. Not advising lying, but i see why you said what you said.
    Last edited by barnaj; 08-26-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

And if they think everyone they hire is so perfect they are fools. I guarantee there are many people who lied about far worse things I have done and were hired. I am just a person with a lot of integrity. I want to be honest and hope that it pays off. You are right, society only focuses on the negative no matter all the good things you have done. Maybe I was the fool. Well I'll eventually find out.
      Yep. I think that the guy whos been in trouble, admitted it, and paid the price is less likely to try and get away with something than someone who did stuff and never got caught. I dont know, with the amount of people on the "wall of shame", its hard to believe a BI even matters.

Comment

• What does 'TSU' stand for. I obviously am not there yet, but it sounds like it is related to being hired once all stages of the hiring process are complete?

Comment

• Originally posted by kenpo1 View Post
          What does 'TSU' stand for. I obviously am not there yet, but it sounds like it is related to being hired once all stages of the hiring process are complete?
          Training and Scheduling Unit. Obviously where they schedule you for training at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Training and Scheduling Unit. Obviously where they schedule you for training at FLETC.
            Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenpo1 View Post
              What does 'TSU' stand for. I obviously am not there yet, but it sounds like it is related to being hired once all stages of the hiring process are complete?
              TSU = Training and Scheduling Unit. This is the part of the process an applicant will reside in before being given their EOD (Enter or Entry On Duty) date. An applicant can expect to be in TSU for 30 to 120 days, sometimes even longer. The variables that can decide for how long, range from geographic preference selected, ports with the most need, etc.
              sigpicTwo is one,
              one is none.

Comment

My adjudicator called me in march and said she was sending my file to the supervisors to get the final decision. If my issue is looked at objectively than I should have gotten a dq. I just don't see how it takes 5 months to get my decision. I would hope that they weigh other factors and make a decision based how someone has changed and what they have accomplished since that issue. My issue was light mj use 9 years ago. I should have just lied and I would already be working. My advice to anyone having similar issues is to just lie. They say they want honesty and integrity, but do they really? If I get dq it will show that it is looked at objectively no matter what.
                My file has gone back and forward so much for so long that I simply "gave up" on it!... I was sworn in last Wednesday, in the ARMY National Guard, to become an Officer. I will be shipping out Sept. 28 for BCT, and then off to OCS in January. With my luck they'll call me when I'm training and nowhere near my cell... but 2 years waiting for them to "clear" me is ridiculous to say the least. The last thing on my BI, after it had gone through the entire chain, they had to refresh with a NEW SF-86... That I submitted about a month ago.
                IA will do what they do, when they want to, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. You can call and email all you want, it won't matter. All we can do is sit back and let it be, with the simple HOPE that it is still moving (since you have not been DQ'd through all this time). I have been told a few times that they are very quick to DQ you and very slow to push you through, I hope that is the case for us still waiting!...

In the meantime I'll become an Officer in the ARMY National Guard, and if CBP calls by then, we'll see. I let quite a few opportunities fly by me while waiting for CBP, not anymore!...

BTW
                I know for sure my Fitness and Drug test will expire while I'm at BCT in November, what will happen when they can't get ahold of me?... and this would be for my 3rd round of testing!
                Last edited by yoda; 08-26-2009, 05:12 PM.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• They cleared my BI today and I waiting for a CBPO position in GEO-Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                    My file has gone back and forward so much for so long that I simply "gave up" on it!... I was sworn in last Wednesday, in the ARMY National Guard, to become an Officer. I will be shipping out Sept. 28 for BCT, and then off to OCS in January. With my luck they'll call me when I'm training and nowhere near my cell... but 2 years waiting for them to "clear" me is ridiculous to say the least. The last thing on my BI, after it had gone through the entire chain, they had to refresh with a NEW SF-86... That I submitted about a month ago.
                    IA will do what they do, when they want to, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. You can call and email all you want, it won't matter. All we can do is sit back and let it be, with the simple HOPE that it is still moving (since you have not been DQ'd through all this time). I have been told a few times that they are very quick to DQ you and very slow to push you through, I hope that is the case foe us still waiting!...

In the meantime I'll become an Officer in the ARMY National Guard, and if CBP calls by then, we'll see. I let quite a few opportunities fly by me while waiting for CBP, not anymore!...
                    Good for you brother. Good to have another good person in the service. At least youre advancing in something else, and heck, if your BI FINALLY clears, youre a Guardsman so you can do both. If it comes to it and it clears and you cant take the job immediately, you can reapply within a year of your BI going complete and it should carry over.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Good for you brother. Good to have another good person in the service. At least youre advancing in something else, and heck, if your BI FINALLY clears, youre a Guardsman so you can do both. If it comes to it and it clears and you cant take the job immediately, you can reapply within a year of your BI going complete and it should carry over.
                      That would be an option, the only thing is that if they withdraw my TO because they couldn't get a hold of me for the tests, they will toss out every step not completed... I would have to start all over gain from square 1!... It is what it is, as I had to do what is best for me and my Family at this point. The main reason I went with the Guard was in the hopes of getting called at some point by CBP, if not I would've just gone Active, and if CBP doesn't call I still have the option of going Active.
                      Last edited by yoda; 08-26-2009, 05:21 PM.
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
                        They cleared my BI today and I waiting for a CBPO position in GEO-Arizona.
                        Good for you Boricua!... I hope you get the call soon rather than later.
                        CBPO

Comment

• Back in the good ol' TSU lounge. Was a little nervous about my eyes (just like the other 2 times I took the med), but I guess I still see good enough to umpire in the MLB. Time to sit back and watch paint dry.
                          Geo: Illinois
                          Test Score: 94
                          Quals: GS-7
                          T.O.: 8/7/2007
                          Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                            Ummm ....I am hoping that you were meaning the mile and a half.
                            Uppsss..Yes I meant the Mile and half..
                            CBPO
                            TEST: 4/28/2009
                            NOR:5/28/2009 97
                            TO: ????

Comment

• Originally posted by rivea176 View Post
                              Uppsss..Yes I meant the Mile and half..
                              What took you so long to respond? Have you been running the mile and a half since you posted that???

Sike!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
                                They cleared my BI today and I waiting for a CBPO position in GEO-Arizona.
                                felicidades boricua, they ask me for that form again around the same time they ask you, i was checking on you to see if your process cleared and .. yesss , let see how about me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10745 users online. 458 members and 10287 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X