300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
    Hello, good to know that there is someone from Isla del Encanto. Where from in PR? I'm from Rincon.
    Hi
    I'm from Trujillo Alto, and I waiting for a CBPO position throughout Arizona.

Comment

• Thought someone else might come across this so I'll let you all in on it... I was temporarily medically denied for the program because I noted on my form that when I was in middle school I went to a psych for ADD. I was only medicated for a month as a trial, which didn't work and have never had any issues through the rest of my schooling or employment history. Received something in the mail telling me that I had to have a psych evaluation at my expense and a lot of paperwork that the psych had to fill out. I'm sure that it will all come out ok in the wash but another example of getting booted, and hopefully in the end getting back in.
      05/09 Written Test
      06/01/09 NOR
      07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
      08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
      08/07/09 BI-received
      08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
      08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
        Thought someone else might come across this so I'll let you all in on it... I was temporarily medically denied for the program because I noted on my form that when I was in middle school I went to a psych for ADD. I was only medicated for a month as a trial, which didn't work and have never had any issues through the rest of my schooling or employment history. Received something in the mail telling me that I had to have a psych evaluation at my expense and a lot of paperwork that the psych had to fill out. I'm sure that it will all come out ok in the wash but another example of getting booted, and hopefully in the end getting back in.
        It's crazy how childhood things are disqualifiers. People with childhood asthma have to see a Pulmonologist. I stated that I visit a chiropractor. I had to go see an orthopedic surgeon. He basically laughed when I told him why I was there. Easiest $400 bucks he ever made. Thankfully it only cost me my $15 copay.

Comment

• Just called TSU today for buffalo, ny. Still no vacancies. Any more news on possible hiring in sept for people to be ready for the new academy requirements beginning in oct?

Comment

• Checked my score from the BPA exam last week. Scored an 88. So the waiting game begins for that process now. Hopefully there will be hiring in September for Buffalo, but we shall see. What is your TSU date?
            CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
            T.O. - Dec 2008
            TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
            Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
            Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
            TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
            Applied - June 2010
            Exam - Aug 2010
            Physical - Aug 2010
            Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• how did you check your bp scores.. mail or cass? just took it today for buffalo sector..
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                how did you check your bp scores.. mail or cass? just took it today for buffalo sector..
                You can google USA Application Manager. Once you log in, you will be able to view the status of any federal job you have applied for through usajobs.gov. It's different than CASS, as this is only available once you receive a T.O.
                CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
                T.O. - Dec 2008
                TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
                Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
                Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
                TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
                Applied - June 2010
                Exam - Aug 2010
                Physical - Aug 2010
                Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• Thank you for the info..
                  CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                    Checked my score from the BPA exam last week. Scored an 88. So the waiting game begins for that process now. Hopefully there will be hiring in September for Buffalo, but we shall see. What is your TSU date?
                    6/29 it'll be my 60 day anniversary this saturday. It looks like your a month ahead of me though so im guessing i wont be hearing anything anytime soon. Are you taking the UB police test? You can start signing up for it on their website aug 30th.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                      Just an update for you guys. I received a nopa and responded in January. My case is still in the security office. I'm not really expecting a response anytime soon, just waiting and not worrying about it. BTW, she called me in april and said to call her in a month, she said they are working on it. I'm thinking that if they were going to dq me they would have done it already. I guess this is how the government works, oh well.
                      Yeah its easier said than done, but you gotta try and be positive. I think the same way you do. You think that it COULD take 8 months to clear someone off a NOPA, but SHOULDNT take 8 months for a dq. Just keep on checking CASS. Ive talked to a few dudes who got NOPA's and never heard from anyone and just cleared in CASS one day.

Comment

• Still waiting for a Tentatitve Offer for WA - All Other Locations. Would it do any good to call the hiring center? Last time I called the lady gave me attitude so I've been hesitant to call back.
                        BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
                          Hi
                          I'm from Trujillo Alto, and I waiting for a CBPO position throughout Arizona.
                          My GEO is at Laredo but hoping for Puerto Rico with God;s help. Wish you the best.

Comment

• Anyone with a GEO in Laredo, Texas? or maybe Puerto Rico?

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                              Still waiting for a Tentatitve Offer for WA - All Other Locations. Would it do any good to call the hiring center? Last time I called the lady gave me attitude so I've been hesitant to call back.
                              It seems everything is on some sort of shut-down for the time being. TSU gets more crowded every month. Just keep the faith and keep keepin' on. If you pay too much attention to any sort of timeline, you'll do yourself a serious disservice. A little game that I play to help pass the time and anxiety, is that every time I think about how long it has been, I owe myself 10 push-ups. You'd think that overtime, I'd learn my lesson. As it turns out, I still think about it just as often, but now I can do 5,000 push-ups at time.

Comment

• L-Out-Loud!
                                Timelines:

CBPO
                                App: 2/12/09
                                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                                Written: 2/20/09
                                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                                App: 5/5/09
                                Geo: San Diego
                                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                                NOR: 7/20/09
                                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                                TO: 10/6/09
                                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                                App: 8/17/10
                                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11865 users online. 447 members and 11418 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X