Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey TXCBP I've been in TSU since 12/23/08 for E. Texas. We might get a call around the same time.

Comment

• http://www.calinst.org/pubs/Budget2010.pdf

On page 6 of this article it says only 65 new CBP officers of FY 2010. It's so frustrating to read this because I've also read on other articles that the government plans to hire 400+ new CBP officers and then on another one only 80 new officers. Does anybody know where to get true reliable info these days.

Comment

• http://www.iaem.com/committees/Gover...riefFY2010.pdf

On page 15, I read the same thing here. Does this mean most of us aren't gonna get a call.

Comment

• 20 CBPOs more over and above those 65 new officers are supposed to be hired under the Air Cargo and Cargo Container Security section of the budget.

Where did you read of 400 potential new hires? That's news to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
            That has nothing to do with the possibility of GS-12 (although I'll beleive it when I see it on my SF-50)
            I too will believe it when I see it.

On the other hand, for potential new hires, the rumors of a possible upgrade to GS-12 can only hurt them hiring chances wise, IMO. Lots of guys will stick around at least for few more months if there's a possibility of 12's coming in the new year.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.TXCBPO View Post
              Hey TXCBP I've been in TSU since 12/23/08 for E. Texas. We might get a call around the same time.
              Oh cool!! Ya I'm hoping we get one soon, I'm so ready to get going!! I wonder if we have some of the oldest TSU dates for E. Texas.
              TO-6/16/08
              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post

BTW he also said, from an official source from the mother ship that expect to were going to be acting a lot more like our green brother and sisters.

And by green, look at the color of our sister agency's uniform.

Just sayin.

That's another thing I'll believe when I see it.

Not that it would be a bad thing...but it sure would take a huge change of mindset on so many different levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  That's another thing I'll believe when I see it.

Not that it would be a bad thing...but it sure would take a huge change of mindset on so many different levels.
                  Yup! What he said!
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by verbalkint4 View Post
                    That boat comes into my port. A couple of years ago I pulled up next to it while doing pier sweeps and asked the gangway watch over the PA if I could get a ride to the Degobah system.
                    That's freakin' hilarious.

Comment

• Twoisone,

I truly appreciate your advice. I am going to write MHC and hope for the best.

ExRebel,
                      I did not pass the initial hearing test and so they sent me a letter saying I must see an audiologist. 1 1/2 months later I receive another letter from MHC stating I am unsuitable because of my left ear hearing loss. However, I can request a waiver but MUST explain how my hearing has not affected previous law enforcement jobs where I would have carried a firearm. Unfortunately, I do not have the law enforcement experience and must illustrate that my hearing loss never bothered me the 5 years of working in loud bars.
                      Written: 12-11-08
                      Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                      B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• I looked through the budget request for CBP for fiscal 2010 (it has 3400 pages). I did not see anywhere where CBP asked for money to provide GS-12's for journeymen. I also did not see a decrease in the projected number of GS-11's with a corresponding increase in the number of GS-12's. With that said, the Senate did approve a higher than requested budget for CBP in the salary/expense category.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                          Hey all,
                          Well I'm pretty bummed out, just received a letter from MHC saying that I am unsuitable because of hearing loss in my left ear. Can't believe I waited 8 months and passed everything else and this is what held me up. The letter states that the position requires an individual to have EXCELLENT hearing in both ears. It also states that I can request a waiver but that I must explain how my hearing has not affected me during similar job duties. Only problem is, I have no LEO experience, I was a bartender for five years. I never had a problem taking multiple drink orders when the bar was loud etc. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone can give some advice on how I could go about this, or do I just need to cut my losses. Any advice is much appreciated. I have 14 days to submit a letter requesting a medical waiver.
                          Dont let this stop you. I have moderatly sever hearing loss in one ear and moderate loss in the other. I had to jump thru hoops but ended up clear because the hearing loss is only at high frequency. I had to take a total of five hearing tests, four on my dime but as of 07/14/09 I am TSU for Minneapolis
                          TSU- 07/14/09
                          location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                            Twoisone,

I truly appreciate your advice. I am going to write MHC and hope for the best.

ExRebel,
                            I did not pass the initial hearing test and so they sent me a letter saying I must see an audiologist. 1 1/2 months later I receive another letter from MHC stating I am unsuitable because of my left ear hearing loss. However, I can request a waiver but MUST explain how my hearing has not affected previous law enforcement jobs where I would have carried a firearm. Unfortunately, I do not have the law enforcement experience and must illustrate that my hearing loss never bothered me the 5 years of working in loud bars.
                            Just like TSAWille I first got denied because because of hearing loss. I'm 28, and they said I had the hearing of a 70 year old in my left ear. My right ear isn't much better either. It turns out that all that damage was from years of shooting guns with no ear protection. I had no idea that I had damaged hearing until I went in for the medical test. I began writing a letter requesting a waiver because it had never effected me. I also work in a loud restaurant.... long story short fight fight fight until they tell you you're done.

Comment

• Hello, good to know that there is someone from Isla del Encanto. Where from in PR? I'm from Rincon.

Comment

• Customs and Border Protection

The Budget proposes $7,623,068,000 in FY10 funding, of which $3,226,000 is to be derived from the Harbor Maintenance Trust Fund. Funding is roughly the same as last year’s request. The Budget funds $45 million for the expansion of an exit pilot at key land ports of entry and other border security priorities. Funding of $368 million within existing Customs and Border Protection funds support 20,000 Border Patrol agents protecting nearly 6,000 miles of U.S. borders.

Under the heading of “Combating Southbound Firearms and Currency Smuggling,” the administration proposes an increase of $26.1 million to enhance DHS’ capability to combat southbound firearms and currency smuggling through additional personnel at and between the ports of entry and along the southwestern US border. The funding is intended to support an additional 44 Border Patrol agents and 8 support staff as well as 65 Customs and Border Protection officers and 8 support staff. It also notes that resources are also requested to expand and maintain the Licensed Plate Reader (LPR) program to help establish and maintain effective control of the border. Additionally Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requests an additional $70 million to hire 349 positions (specifically Special Agents, Intelligence Analysts, and Criminal Investigators) to increase enforcement staffing, improve cooperative efforts with the Mexican government, and establish another Border Violence Intelligence Cell.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12569 users online. 420 members and 12149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X