Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI I jus read on the CBP website that the final ruling on the GS12 upgrade was denied and that the requirements/ standards will stay the same, this is off of the CBP employee website:

The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is withdrawing the final rule, titled Time-in-Grade Elimination, published in the Federal Register on November 7, 2008. After carefully considering all of the comments OPM has determined that it would be more productive to consider the merits of the time-in-grade issue as part of a more comprehensive review of pay, performance, and staffing issues than to regulate this particular issue in piecemeal fashion. This means that the time-in-grade rules remain in effect.
    Geo Preference: East Texas
    TSU: 4/10/2009

Comment

• Hey all,
      Well I'm pretty bummed out, just received a letter from MHC saying that I am unsuitable because of hearing loss in my left ear. Can't believe I waited 8 months and passed everything else and this is what held me up. The letter states that the position requires an individual to have EXCELLENT hearing in both ears. It also states that I can request a waiver but that I must explain how my hearing has not affected me during similar job duties. Only problem is, I have no LEO experience, I was a bartender for five years. I never had a problem taking multiple drink orders when the bar was loud etc. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone can give some advice on how I could go about this, or do I just need to cut my losses. Any advice is much appreciated. I have 14 days to submit a letter requesting a medical waiver.
      Written: 12-11-08
      Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
      B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
        Hey all,
        Well I'm pretty bummed out, just received a letter from MHC saying that I am unsuitable because of hearing loss in my left ear. Can't believe I waited 8 months and passed everything else and this is what held me up. The letter states that the position requires an individual to have EXCELLENT hearing in both ears. It also states that I can request a waiver but that I must explain how my hearing has not affected me during similar job duties. Only problem is, I have no LEO experience, I was a bartender for five years. I never had a problem taking multiple drink orders when the bar was loud etc. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone can give some advice on how I could go about this, or do I just need to cut my losses. Any advice is much appreciated. I have 14 days to submit a letter requesting a medical waiver.
        This is only one instance where your writing skills will be called upon to further your career. My advice: submit the waiver. Be sure to draw the nexus between working in a past high-stress environment (a crowded, loud bar), and that your hearing in this type of environment did not hinder your ability to get the job done. Include that this type of environment was encountered frequently, and that you were able to meet and exceed the challenges of such a fast-paced environment. ALOT will depend on how you are able to articulate yourself, so proofread and then re-proofread your work! Make sure to let us know how you fared....
        sigpicTwo is one,
        one is none.

Comment

• Originally posted by kearney3 View Post
          FYI I jus read on the CBP website that the final ruling on the GS12 upgrade was denied and that the requirements/ standards will stay the same, this is off of the CBP employee website:

The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is withdrawing the final rule, titled Time-in-Grade Elimination, published in the Federal Register on November 7, 2008. After carefully considering all of the comments OPM has determined that it would be more productive to consider the merits of the time-in-grade issue as part of a more comprehensive review of pay, performance, and staffing issues than to regulate this particular issue in piecemeal fashion. This means that the time-in-grade rules remain in effect.
          That has nothing to do with the possibility of GS-12 (although I'll beleive it when I see it on my SF-50) Final rule was about time in grade. Meaning you need to have 52 weeks in a grade before you are able to promote.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kearney3 View Post
            FYI I jus read on the CBP website that the final ruling on the GS12 upgrade was denied and that the requirements/ standards will stay the same, this is off of the CBP employee website:

That is the "time in grade" requirements of 1 year in the grade before you can promote to the next higher level. Has nothing to do with the grade determination of the CBPO job. This means that you can not apply for a GS13 Chief job, before spending a year as a GS12 Sup.
            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
              Hey all,
              Is this the first letter you've gotten about your hearing? Or is this letter in regards to a medical that was once passed. I had gotten a letter similar once, but they made me go to a audiologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                That has nothing to do with the possibility of GS-12 (although I'll beleive it when I see it on my SF-50) Final rule was about time in grade. Meaning you need to have 52 weeks in a grade before you are able to promote.
                i think it's still a go. it's all the talk around my port.. i saw a letter from the union giving a time breakdown.. it's look like mid next year hopefully..

Comment

• [QUOTE=biggdawgdaddy;1952558]That is the "time in grade" requirements of 1 year in the grade before you can promote to the next higher level. Has nothing to do with the grade determination of the CBPO job. This means that you can not apply for a GS13 Chief job, before spending a year as a GS12 Sup.[/QUOTE
                  Oh Ok. Thats good to know. I was not sure.
                  Geo Preference: East Texas
                  TSU: 4/10/2009

Comment

• can't access cass right now...anyone else having this issue?
                    "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                    TEST - 03/02/09
                    NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                    TO - 04/06/09
                    FORMS - 04/21/09
                    MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                    DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                    QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                    VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                    BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                    TSU - 08/14/09
                    The "Call" - 01/14/11
                    EOD - 02/07/11
                    FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                    TEST - 12/13/10
                    NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                      i think it's still a go. it's all the talk around my port.. i saw a letter from the union giving a time breakdown.. it's look like mid next year hopefully..
                      It be comin soon! Sitting around between boats yesterday and the 13 came around asking us what we thought of it. He was toying with us as I'm sure he'd seen/heard something.

BTW he also said, from an official source from the mother ship that expect to were going to be acting a lot more like our green brother and sisters.

And by green, look at the color of our sister agency's uniform.

Just sayin.

Also, for any Star Wars fans and future seaport workers out there, I saw a boat named the Millennium Falcon today, no kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                        Also, for any Star Wars fans and future seaport workers out there, I saw a boat named the Millennium Falcon today, no kidding.
                        That boat comes into my port. A couple of years ago I pulled up next to it while doing pier sweeps and asked the gangway watch over the PA if I could get a ride to the Degobah system. Oddly enough, the guy had no idea what I was talking about.

Comment

• S.F. EOD schedule

My EOD date for S.F. is August 31. I just want to know what kind of schedule I am looking at for my pre-academy at S.F. On my first day, I am to report to the customs building in S.F. However from there on after, until I leave for fletc on September 16th, where will I spend my time…airport or customs building? I am just trying to figure out a schedule for my family.

Comment

• Originally posted by casey3 View Post
                            My EOD date for S.F. is August 31.
                            Hell yea - Congrats
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Well I got my letter stating that I failed my fitness test, I am thinking from what I read that my to is being removed and that when I am ready to do my fitness test again it says for me to call or email them that I am ready to reapply. So from my understanding I will not have to take the test again just get ready, email them, wait for a new TO and redo my fitness test then I should be good to go. Does anyone have any insight on this?

And I am still in cass....
                              Tested March 08
                              TO June 08
                              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                              VBT complete 08 passed
                              Qualification GS-5 September 08
                              BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                                Well I got my letter stating that I failed my fitness test, I am thinking from what I read that my to is being removed and that when I am ready to do my fitness test again it says for me to call or email them that I am ready to reapply. So from my understanding I will not have to take the test again just get ready, email them, wait for a new TO and redo my fitness test then I should be good to go. Does anyone have any insight on this?

And I am still in cass....
                                That will be correct, if your test does not expire before the next open announcement.
                                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4982 users online. 256 members and 4726 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X