300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Texas

Looks like we have a few of us waiting in TSU for East Texas, I was going to say the same thing. I havent seen too much East Texas Geos other than you guys and me. Seems like they would definately have called some of us for that big of an area. Been in there since 07/09 tested in early in 2008. Seems like it will be a while for me thats for sure.
    TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
      Any idea how many people are in TSU for JFK/NY. Is there a way to find out?
      How long have you been waiting? I'd bet that most of us will be waiting for upwards of 1 year from TSU date.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hi everyone.....new to this. I was wondering if anyone that has taken the new fitness test knows how its scored?? I took mine two days ago and completed everything but wasn't told wether I passed or failed???

What are the minimum sit-ups?, push-ups ect???

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
          Looks like we have a few of us waiting in TSU for East Texas, I was going to say the same thing. I havent seen too much East Texas Geos other than you guys and me. Seems like they would definately have called some of us for that big of an area. Been in there since 07/09 tested in early in 2008. Seems like it will be a while for me thats for sure.
          Ya there aren't many of us out there, at least posting on this forum. I believe there are 4 of us (including myself) that post and are waiting for E. Texas. We'll see what happens, hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I have had to wait.
          TO-6/16/08
          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            How long have you been waiting? I'd bet that most of us will be waiting for upwards of 1 year from TSU date.
            Jeeze! I hope not. I am still waiting for a T.O. and I don't know if i have another year of this left in me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ValD View Post
              Hi everyone.....new to this. I was wondering if anyone that has taken the new fitness test knows how its scored?? I took mine two days ago and completed everything but wasn't told wether I passed or failed???

What are the minimum sit-ups?, push-ups ect???
              If you score evenly across the board in all tests, to pass you would need 17 push ups, 25 sit ups, lift/lower in 50 seconds, and 10 line touches in 10 seconds. Then of course successfully get through the step test.

Now there are minimums on each of these, I know push ups is 12... but I'm not sure on any of the others. The point breakdown is listed on the CBP website and tells the minimums for the other categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                Sounds about right, maybe a little less.
                The woman at TSU told me last week they have almost 2000 people in TSU. Maybe you should ask Merlin or someone who has been around, but it would be interesting to find out how many CBP officers can begin training at FLETC per month. How many do they train a year? What are the training numbers for this year? When you start to crunch the numbers it shows how backed up they really are.
                there are 2000 people who passed everything, just waiting for "the call"
                The woman at TSU told me "this has backed us up for a long, long time, maybe a couple of years"
                5 months in TSU for me!
                Last edited by ifoCBP; 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Day 3 in TSU for WA-Northern Border...I'm probably last in line..Glad I have a job in Wal-mart :-)

Comment

• Nice......Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                      If you score evenly across the board in all tests, to pass you would need 17 push ups, 25 sit ups, lift/lower in 50 seconds, and 10 line touches in 10 seconds. Then of course successfully get through the step test.

Now there are minimums on each of these, I know push ups is 12... but I'm not sure on any of the others. The point breakdown is listed on the CBP website and tells the minimums for the other categories.

Nice......Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                        Any idea how many people are in TSU for JFK/NY. Is there a way to find out?

I am and I think I am at the head of the line or somewhere very close to it
                        My TSU date is at the end of march.

Comment

• Just took the new fitness this afternoon a re-take because mine expired... 52 push-ups, 42 sit-ups, 14 side step touches, 8 Lift Lower in 22 seconds.... And almost died doing the step test. LOL
                          CBPOJFK
                          Exam 03/2008---86
                          Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                          Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                          Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                          Drug Test---07/2008 check
                          VBT---07/2008 check
                          Fitness---8/2009 check
                          BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                            Maybe you should ask Merlin or someone who has been around, but it would be interesting to find out how many CBP officers can begin training at FLETC per month. How many do they train a year? What are the training numbers for this year?

It'll all depend. Sometimes other agencies have greater need for FLETC space. Sometimes things go well for CBP and they end up hiring fewer replacements than expected.

2 classes of 48 per week during a good stretch. Roughly 350-400 per month.
                            Depending on the numbers of new hires, 2300-2500 trainees is not really a stretch. This year they're only hiring 85 NEW officers, as far as I know, so numbers should be well below that. I'm guessing 1800-2000 by the end of the next FY.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              It'll all depend. Sometimes other agencies have greater need for FLETC space. Sometimes things go well for CBP and they end up hiring fewer replacements than expected.

2 classes of 48 per week during a good stretch. Roughly 350-400 per month.
                              Depending on the numbers of new hires, 2300-2500 trainees is not really a stretch. This year they're only hiring 85 NEW officers, as far as I know, so numbers should be well below that. I'm guessing 1800-2000 by the end of the next FY.
                              I had a question. What does that mean when you say 85 NEW officers? Does that mean that only 85 calls are going out this year? Thanks for the help!
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                                I had a question. What does that mean when you say 85 NEW officers? Does that mean that only 85 calls are going out this year? Thanks for the help!

It means that Uncle Sugar is funding 85 new and additional positions. In other words, The total population of CBPO's will grow by 85 next year.

There are 20,000+ CBPO's currently. The last attrition number I have seen was 8.9% That should mean that CBP is looking to hire roughly 1950 new people over the course of this year. Since the academy has become more difficult recently, and since there are still new hires who seem to have spent the majority of their pre-hire time sitting on the couch stuffing Cheeto's in their maw, I would expect that there will be a significant and growing number of academy failures. As far as working CBPO's go, who knows what that attrition rate will be 6 months down the road. There are rumors of a GS-12 upgrade in the works that'll supposedly hit early next year. If things turn out to be true and an upgrade does happen, I'd expect the attrition rate to drop sharply for awhile, at least for 90 days to the point where people start to lock in GS-12 money and upward to a year when people start to lock in the GS-12 grade.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9903 users online. 467 members and 9436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X