Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I find that the most frustrating part of TSU is NOT KNOWING when!!! Such a vague phrase on CASS: Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more. I mean who reads this and thinks... Ah I bet I will still be waiting around 4 months later in the dark!?!

    I feel like my entire life (i.e. the honeymoon I should be going on) is put on hold because of my fear of not knowing if I will get that mythical call and then have to cancel all of my plans! Hiring just has to pick up at some point in the near future, otherwise my head is going to spin off!

    Anyway... Just wanted to vent a little. Good day everyone.
    CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
    T.O. - Dec 2008
    TSU - April 28, 2009

    CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
    Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
    Results - 88 - no Vet points

    Switched to SB - 8/2010
    TO - 8/2010


    Austin Police Department
    Applied - June 2010
    Exam - Aug 2010
    Physical - Aug 2010
    Oral - Aug 2010

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
      I find that the most frustrating part of TSU is NOT KNOWING when!!! Such a vague phrase on CASS: Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more. I mean who reads this and thinks... Ah I bet I will still be waiting around 4 months later in the dark!?!

      I feel like my entire life (i.e. the honeymoon I should be going on) is put on hold because of my fear of not knowing if I will get that mythical call and then have to cancel all of my plans! Hiring just has to pick up at some point in the near future, otherwise my head is going to spin off!

      Anyway... Just wanted to vent a little. Good day everyone.
      Good thing about reading these "vents" is knowing that you're not the only one going crazy about this.
      It's like waiting to open Christmas gifts not knowing when Christmas is or if it got canceled this year.
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
        It's like waiting to open Christmas gifts not knowing when Christmas is or if it got canceled this year.

        That's the most accurate way to put it that i've heard.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

        TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU


        EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
          So I got a response inregards from my email, MHC states, "Your file has been referred back to the Schelduling Unit on August 14th. CASS will reflect this date; however we will keep you in the queue with your original refer date of 12/1/08." It goes on to say they still have no vacancies in East Texas, that they will call once they receive openings!!!!

          Hope this helps everybody!!!
          thanks a lot... I got the same email... In my case they don't have any vacancies for Florida all locations except Miami

          Comment


          • I did it.

            100 days in TSU for LAX/LB.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
              This is what I find hard to believe. How could a fairly big GEO location such as E. Texas (Dallas, Houston, Galveston...) not have any vacancies/new hires in almost a year? I think there is so much more to the generic answer than MHC gives everyone who asks their status. "no vacancies"...
              Please hurry Oct 1!!!!!!
              TO-6/16/08
              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                So I got a response inregards from my email, MHC states, "Your file has been referred back to the Schelduling Unit on August 14th. CASS will reflect this date; however we will keep you in the queue with your original refer date of 12/1/08." It goes on to say they still have no vacancies in East Texas, that they will call once they receive openings!!!!

                Hope this helps everybody!!!
                I still cant believe that you have been waiting in TSU since 12/-1/08!!! Thats just crazy!!!It also makes my future look not so bright since I have been waiting only since 4/10/09 for the same location. Well all we can do is just be patient and they will call when we least expect it!
                Geo Preference: East Texas
                TSU: 4/10/2009

                Comment


                • Hey Guys'

                  I been out of the forum for awhile. Has there been TOs given out? I haven't heard anything yet, but I getting in shape..I already lost 30 pounds and jogging the half mile in 13 min, so that's good.
                  CBPO
                  TEST: 4/28/2009
                  NOR:5/28/2009 97
                  TO: ????

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post


                    I feel like my entire life (i.e. the honeymoon I should be going on) is put on hold because of my fear of not knowing if I will get that mythical call and then have to cancel all of my plans!




                    I see no reason to shelf all your plans for the future. You may as well start developing a very important and useful characteristic for a CBPO: FLEXIBILITY.

                    I found myself in a similar situation while awaiting the call. My mother booked and paid for a cruise for her, my dad, my three brothers their spouses, me and my wife. I accepted her kind gesture knowing CBP could call at any time, while making it known I would reimburse her for any cancellation fees.

                    Well, by the luck o'the Irish, I got the call. EOD- 7 July. Unfortunatley, cruise departure date- 7 July. I accepted the job offer and cancelled my vacation (My wife was quite disappointed).

                    Get used to it. You'll be drafted, called out, mandated on a regular basis throughout your CBP career You'll work weekends. You'll miss birthday's, family get-togethers, and kid's soccer games. It's part of the deal. But don't not make plans because of this. Just be prepared to change them when necessary. It's a good job. Your wife will understand (eventually).
                    ========================================


                    sigpic

                    I feel the need - the need for speed.

                    Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rivea176 View Post
                      I already lost 30 pounds and jogging the half mile in 13 min, so that's good.
                      Ummm ....I am hoping that you were meaning the mile and a half.
                      CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                        Ummm ....I am hoping that you were meaning the mile and a half.
                        +1
                        05/09 Written Test
                        06/01/09 NOR
                        07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                        08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                        08/07/09 BI-received
                        08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                        08/17/09 VBT Passed

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                          Ummm ....I am hoping that you were meaning the mile and a half.
                          HAHA that's too funny!!!!
                          TO-6/16/08
                          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kearney3 View Post
                            I still cant believe that you have been waiting in TSU since 12/-1/08!!! Thats just crazy!!!It also makes my future look not so bright since I have been waiting only since 4/10/09 for the same location. Well all we can do is just be patient and they will call when we least expect it!
                            Tell me about it, how do you think I feel!! I originally tested back in 11/2007, so my call has to be coming in the near future, at least I hope!! Until then I continue to workout and run, and guard my phone daily haha!!
                            TO-6/16/08
                            TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

                            Comment


                            • Any idea how many people are in TSU for JFK/NY. Is there a way to find out?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                                Any idea how many people are in TSU for JFK/NY. Is there a way to find out?
                                You can call the TSU # and ask but I wouldn't expect a straight answer. It may be worth a shot though you may get lucky and actually talk to someone helpful. especially if you have been in 90+ days. Let me know if you find out. I'm still waiting for a T.O. though. My mailman is beginning to think I'm stalking him.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6229 users online. 382 members and 5847 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X