300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
    Is there anyone here with GEO for Puerto Rico?
    there was a guy on here about 6 months back that was in Puerto rico looking to work in PR.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post

You should sign up for the Illinois, New York, or New Jersey State Police, give their academy a whirl then complain about what OBP or OFO are dishing out.
      LOL, AMEN to that. Their academies are absolutely NO JOKE. Some have a washout rate of 50%... and that's voluntary washouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
        Look up at the post just above yours.

"Day 112 in TSU... Easily the most fun I've ever had waiting... Off to take the BP exam this morning, let's hope that process is quicker?!"

For me I am going on 90 days for Northern New York there are quite a few that have been waiting in TSU longer than that. There are more than a few that have spent just a few days. There is really no way to know.
        Heard from a friend that just got back from FLETC... he said that they've hired 6 guys at the Champlain Port since he left.... Now what about the rest of the ports in Northern New York?! CALL ME TSU!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by seeOH; 08-18-2009, 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Schools decide on whether or not to offer accreditation for FLETC training and how much credits they are willing to give. Depending on what in particular was taught during any particular trainging class, there are probably multiple answers to your question.
          You basically just rephrased the question I just asked. I could've articulated better the first time however.

Comment

• Co-Worker just got the call for IL. She had a TSU date of 4/13/09... Getting closer.
            Geo: Illinois
            Test Score: 94
            Quals: GS-7
            T.O.: 8/7/2007
            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
              Let me tell you something, when you are in the field you don't use at all the military stuff that they taught you at the Academy, especially the formation. I like to exercise and stay fit, but the reality is that many Agents can't do the 1.5 mile after two years in the job. This is not the Army

The BP used to have one of the toughest and challenging academies around.
              In the last few years, the BP has watered down their academy so that it's currently not all that more difficult than CBPO academy. It's not all that surprising to find out that you have guys struggling after 2 years...so do we. It's what happens when a program lacks discipline, structure, a sense of self-worth and accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by FAM Hopeful View Post
                You basically just rephrased the question I just asked. I could've articulated better the first time however.
                OK then... How about this...

I'm not sure there is a useful answer to your question...at least one that applies to you. A school is going to give out accreditation based on the curriculum of the academy attended. Since the curricula of both FLETC and any given university are pretty much always in flux, so will be the answers.

Just about every reputable school will offer some credit for the academy.
                Applying and asking are the only real ways of finding out just how much.

Comment

OK then... How about this...

I'm not sure there is a useful answer to your question...at least one that applies to you. A school is going to give out accreditation based on the curriculum of the academy attended. Since the curricula of both FLETC and any given university are pretty much always in flux, so will be the answers.

Just about every reputable school will offer some credit for the academy.
                  Applying and asking are the only real ways of finding out just how much.
                  I ask because I've already asked several and I'm about 0 for 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by FAM Hopeful View Post
                    I ask because I've already asked several and I'm about 0 for 4.
                    Here's some to try...they've worked in the past for people...

University of Maryland, University College
                    Western New Mexico University
                    American Military University
                    U. of Phoenix

Truthfully...don't expect much. You might see 15 or so lower-level credits at a larger 4-year school....maybe 30 or so at best at some very generous community college. Spanish will make a large difference too. If you don't take it, you'll not see credits for it.

I believe it was Pima Community College in AZ that was offering upward of 30-something credits at one point in the past.
                    Last edited by merlin436; 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

The BP used to have one of the toughest and challenging academies around.
                      In the last few years, the BP has watered down their academy so that it's currently not all that more difficult than CBPO academy. It's not all that surprising to find out that you have guys struggling after 2 years...so do we. It's what happens when a program lacks discipline, structure, a sense of self-worth and accomplishment.
                      Very well spoken.

Comment

Here's some to try...they've worked in the past for people...

University of Maryland, University College
                        Western New Mexico University
                        American Military University
                        U. of Phoenix

Truthfully...don't expect much. You might see 15 or so lower-level credits at a larger 4-year school....maybe 30 or so at best at some very generous community college. Spanish will make a large difference too. If you don't take it, you'll not see credits for it.

I believe it was Pima Community College in AZ that was offering upward of 30-something credits at one point in the past.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                          Co-Worker just got the call for IL. She had a TSU date of 4/13/09... Getting closer.
                          You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                            LOL, AMEN to that. Their academies are absolutely NO JOKE. Some have a washout rate of 50%... and that's voluntary washouts.
                            I was in the last NJSP process. During the fitness test (the 1st step) people were getting yelled at. Personally, I loved the reactions some of the people testing had. They would not last past day 1 in the academy.

As for CBP upping their fitness standards that is a good thing. If you are a law enforcement officer you should look respectable in uniform as well as be able to walk up a flight of stairs and run more than 20 feet without gasping for air.
                            Last edited by ironwill727; 08-19-2009, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• hey guys... first time here. love the forum. i do have a question: i was referred to eod on march 2009, then taken out of eod cause my fitness test expired. took fitness and passed it again 2 weeks ago. now i check on CASS and its says referred to eod as of 8/17/09. my question is are they supposed to put me back on eod since march not two weeks ago? thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                                hey guys... first time here. love the forum. i do have a question: i was referred to eod on march 2009, then taken out of eod cause my fitness test expired. took fitness and passed it again 2 weeks ago. now i check on CASS and its says referred to eod as of 8/17/09. my question is are they supposed to put me back on eod since march not two weeks ago? thanks in advance
                                That would be my take on it.

CASS is notorious for being wrong. Most likely, regardless of what CASS says, you're in at the hiring center with a March EOD date. If you really want to know, email them and ask.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5905 users online. 303 members and 5602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X