Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evoc -

Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
    Does EVOC stand for Emergency Vehicle Operator Course? I read where they already have shooting requirements for shotguns at FLETC, is it in place now for CBPO or maybe that's just SRT?
    Yes, sorry man probably should have written that out for everyone. I had to do that to be a cop, its a good time. I know CBP doesn't do traffic stops and stuff like that, but there was talk of pursuits within close proximity to points of entry. I'm just nosey and want to know whats going on all the time.
    FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
    TEST - 7/21/08 (89) W/O VET
    TO - 9/12/08
    VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
    FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
    DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
    MET BI - 11/08
    GS-7 - 11/14/08
    MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
    BACKGROUND - 8/5/09 CLEARED
    TSU - 8/7/09
    Pulled from TSU for New Fit Test 9/18/09
    NEW FIT TEST - 10/12/09 : PASSED
    Back in TSU again: 10/21/09
    EOD - ?

Comment

• Only 116 days in TSU for me. Those weeks I was in limbo with my PFT re-take count!

God Bless Glucosamine and Ibuprofen.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
        Does EVOC stand for Emergency Vehicle Operator Course? I read where they already have shooting requirements for shotguns at FLETC, is it in place now for CBPO or maybe that's just SRT?
        I think they try to be very similiar with the BP FLETC including add the military stuff like formation, it's ridiculous.

Comment

• Happy anniversary to me!

I tested one year ago today.

Sorry about that I'm really bored today.
          Last edited by imlikeaninja; 08-18-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            I tested one year ago today.

Sorry about that I'm really bored today.
            Me too

Comment

• When I applied for BPA the whole process took 9 months , add the almost 3 months in FLETC = 1 year. Now for CBPO 8 months and counting, they only have to check my credit report(s) to complete my BI.
              If they doesn't have the budget or the vancancy in your GEO just tell us the truth.

Comment

• day 240 in TSU...roll call for NJ please..

Comment

• Originally posted by FAM Hopeful View Post
                  Would you or anyone else be able to tell me which college(s) accept FLETC creds?
                  Schools decide on whether or not to offer accreditation for FLETC training and how much credits they are willing to give. Depending on what in particular was taught during any particular trainging class, there are probably multiple answers to your question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
                    I think they try to be very similiar with the BP FLETC including add the military stuff like formation, it's ridiculous.

What's ridiculous about it?

OFO standards have been far too lax for far too many years. It's about time they tightened things up and added some meaningful and somewhat impressive standards, IMO.

Comment

• Is there anyone here with GEO for Puerto Rico?

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
                        day 240 in TSU...roll call for NJ please..

124 days in TSU for IL.
                        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by delvalle242 View Post
                          Is there anyone here with GEO for Puerto Rico?
                          Hi, I from Puerto Rico but right now I live in Arizona.
                          Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            What's ridiculous about it?

OFO standards have been far too lax for far too many years. It's about time they tightened things up and added some meaningful and somewhat impressive standards, IMO.
                            Let me tell you something, when you are in the field you don't use at all the military stuff that they taught you at the Academy, especially the formation. I like to exercise and stay fit, but the reality is that many Agents can't do the 1.5 mile after two years in the job. This is not the Army

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
                              Let me tell you something, when you are in the field you don't use at all the military stuff that they taught you at the Academy, especially the formation. I like to exercise and stay fit, but the reality is that many Agents can't do the 1.5 mile after two years in the job. This is not the Army
                              It's not about looking neat, it's about discipline.

Many Officers can't do the 1.5 after 30 seconds of being on the job. Do we need to be like our brothers in Green? No, but we need to straighten up a little and try and produce a little more discipline.

Were you ever in the Army? You would know all that yelling, formations, marching, and "military stuff" isn't done for ha ha's, it's about creating a disciplined soldier that is willing to do what he/she is told by a superior.

You should sign up for the Illinois, New York, or New Jersey State Police, give their academy a whirl then complain about what OBP or OFO are dishing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                                It's not about looking neat, it's about discipline.

Many Officers can't do the 1.5 after 30 seconds of being on the job. Do we need to be like our brothers in Green? No, but we need to straighten up a little and try and produce a little more discipline.

Were you ever in the Army? You would know all that yelling, formations, marching, and "military stuff" isn't done for ha ha's, it's about creating a disciplined soldier that is willing to do what he/she is told by a superior.

You should sign up for the Illinois, New York, or New Jersey State Police, give their academy a whirl then complain about what OBP or OFO are dishing out.
                                +1.

Military boot camps are designed to turn individuals from all walks of life who look out for number 1 into people who follow instructions and can work on a team. Besides that its a way to weed out weak and immature people. If you cant handle a little structure and discipline for a few months, you're not worth training. Thats the philosophy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8315 users online. 367 members and 7948 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X