Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings everyone! Well, I've managed to run my mile and half in 17:50..so I still need to shed that last minute before next Monday!! Does anyone here know what is the minimum requirement to qualify with the firearm? I though I had read somewhere before that it had changed. Thanks! and wish me luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by roxyguerra1 View Post
      Greetings everyone! Well, I've managed to run my mile and half in 17:50..so I still need to shed that last minute before next Monday!! Does anyone here know what is the minimum requirement to qualify with the firearm? I though I had read somewhere before that it had changed. Thanks! and wish me luck!!
      No idea, but are those your lips on your avatar?

Where are these calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Is that your eyeball?

Comment

• I heard that upon graduating a lot of different law enforcement acadamies you receive college credits toward a degree. I was wondering if anyone knew if that was true for the cbp academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
            I heard that upon graduating a lot of different law enforcement acadamies you receive college credits toward a degree. I was wondering if anyone knew if that was true for the cbp acadamy
            Hubby graduated earlier this year and he says yes it does but he couldn't remember if it was one year or 1-1/2 college credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by casey3 View Post
              So I just accepted the job for CBPO for S.F/OAK. However when i asked the lady at TSU about if this position was for S.F./OAK, she stated that the position was for S.F. She said depending on how the port at S.F. sees’s a need for officers; I may go over to Oakland. Has anyone heard of this? My original local was S.F./OAK when I tested. Any info would be great. Thanks
              I have a buddy at SF/OAK. He says everyone goes to SF first and works in the airport terminal. He says it's very difficult to get to Oakland, it could take years.

Comment

• Originally posted by awife View Post
                Hubby graduated earlier this year and he says yes it does but he couldn't remember if it was one year or 1-1/2 college credit.
                I don't know myself, but that seems very high. FLETC is roughly 16 weeks long or one regular semester at a college. A normal semester runs anywhere from 12 to 18 credits. 1 to 1.5 years of college works out to between 30 and 45 credits. If you are correct then consider yourselves extremely lucky to have not spent $9,000 - $14,000

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                  I don't know myself, but that seems very high. FLETC is roughly 16 weeks long or one regular semester at a college. A normal semester runs anywhere from 12 to 18 credits. 1 to 1.5 years of college works out to between 30 and 45 credits. If you are correct then consider yourselves extremely lucky to have not spent $9,000 - $14,000

Remember that at FLETC you are going to class 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. You don't do that at a college. That being said your training at FLETC is very narrow in scope so only some of it will transfer to a college.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                    Is that your eyeball?
                    Not only my eyeball but me!
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Does anyone know the official name of the background investigation we had to go through for CBP?
                      What branches of Federal Law Enforcement is it good for? CBP, Border Patrol, any other Agency?
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Hi people! I just wanted to know if the CBP Officer position was open at the moment. Any help would be appreciated!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                          Does anyone know the official name of the background investigation we had to go through for CBP?
                          What branches of Federal Law Enforcement is it good for? CBP, Border Patrol, any other Agency?
                          Thanks.
                          From what I have experienced, each agency must do its own BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepecito16 View Post
                            Hi people! I just wanted to know if the CBP Officer position was open at the moment. Any help would be appreciated!!
                            http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/a9custom.aspx

its simple...

go to that website, scroll to the bottom and under "Occupational Series" select "Customs and Border Protection Officer" (series 1895). if jobs are available they will show up when you click "Search for Jobs" at the bottom of the page.
                            CBP Officer
                            Written- Feb. 09
                            Video-Based Test- Mar. 09
                            Physical- Apr. 09
                            Medical- May 09
                            Medical Update- Jul. 09
                            Background Investigation- Aug. 09
                            Referred to Selection Unit- Sep. 09
                            Confirmed Desire to be CBPO- Dec. 09
                            Notified of New Physical- Feb. 10

Comment

• Misposted.
                              05/09 Written Test
                              06/01/09 NOR
                              07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                              08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                              08/07/09 BI-received
                              08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                              08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                                Does anyone know the official name of the background investigation we had to go through for CBP?
                                Thanks.
                                It's called an SSBI, or Single Scope Background Investigation. It's the same level of investigation as Top Secret clearance, without the Top or Secret part. Your BI may be good for another Homeland Security LE job, or it may not. Most that deal with CBP and Border Patrol have no problems, but some do. But if you get outside of CBP or DHS, the agency will do another, maybe. It's case by case man.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11251 users online. 476 members and 10775 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X