300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for everyone here:

I checked CASS online and eveything is green but will they still call me and let me know this as well?

Comment

• Eh, well, I've been in TSU since 4/1/2009 now. That makes, what, 136 days in the the TSU lounge?
      Since that first test and my NOR, I've become first in line at a local agency and have a solid shot at two others, one upcoming, and I'm opening up my geographic area of interest. It's all about who calls first now! (#1, please get a vacancy, #2, please get some funding...or CBP, CALL ME ALREADY! )

Comment

• Originally posted by casey3 View Post
        So I just accepted the job for CBPO for S.F/OAK. However when i asked the lady at TSU about if this position was for S.F./OAK, she stated that the position was for S.F. She said depending on how the port at S.F. sees’s a need for officers; I may go over to Oakland. Has anyone heard of this? My original local was S.F./OAK when I tested. Any info would be great. Thanks
        Without knowing exactly how the port is set up, Oakland is most likely a section of SF. They often roll a small port into a large one when they are very close.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP-Hopeful View Post
          Question for everyone here:

I checked CASS online and eveything is green but will they still call me and let me know this as well?
          I didn't get a call for TSU. CASS should just change to a temporary notice (or not), then a few days later "reffered to scheduling EOD" - this is TSU.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• East Texas Here

Im also waiting for East Texas. Been in TSU since 07/09
            TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Got a letter over-nighted to me from MHC. My medical had expired, so instead of going back to a doctor to do all the checkups, all they do is a "self-certification." Does anyone know if this means I might be getting the call soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                Welcome haha!!!!
                haha thank you thank you!

Just waiting for cass to update into the whole "referred to schedule EOD".
                ha waiting for the official tsu waiting time to begin i guess

ah...let the fun begin
                "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                TEST - 03/02/09
                NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                TO - 04/06/09
                FORMS - 04/21/09
                MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                TSU - 08/14/09
                The "Call" - 01/14/11
                EOD - 02/07/11
                FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                TEST - 12/13/10
                NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                  Got a letter over-nighted to me from MHC. My medical had expired, so instead of going back to a doctor to do all the checkups, all they do is a "self-certification." Does anyone know if this means I might be getting the call soon?
                  I got the same thing. You can either fax it or mail it, but my Fitness expired as well. I don't know if yours did but the medical I was told clears within 2 weeks and than a possible call but don't quote me on that.
                  CBPOJFK
                  Exam 03/2008---86
                  Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                  Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                  Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                  Drug Test---07/2008 check
                  VBT---07/2008 check
                  Fitness---8/2009 check
                  BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Been in TSU since 2/27/2009 for Seattle. It's been like forever! Anyone else out there for Seattle with a TSU date?

Comment

• When filling out the BI does anyone know if they ask different questions to the people you put down for your address in the "where you've lived" section versus people you list in the "people who know you well" section?
                      05/09 Written Test
                      06/01/09 NOR
                      07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                      08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                      08/07/09 BI-received
                      08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                      08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
                        When filling out the BI does anyone know if they ask different questions to the people you put down for your address in the "where you've lived" section versus people you list in the "people who know you well" section?
                        They'll ask anyone they see about you. Neighbors, friends, friends of friends, friends of neighbors, bosses, etc...

Comment

• +1 Exrebel, yup they will ask.......
                          TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                            They'll ask anyone they see about you. Neighbors, friends, friends of friends, friends of neighbors, bosses, etc...
                            Thanks! I put a police officer down to vouch for where I live now but he doesn't know me really really well. I just feed them when I'm cooking out and they are working nights So I wasn't sure if he would fit for that. I just moved here and don't really know that many people.
                            05/09 Written Test
                            06/01/09 NOR
                            07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                            08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                            08/07/09 BI-received
                            08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                            08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
                              So I got a call today from an adjudicator in DC about my BI. She said that I should withdraw my application before she wrote up a NOPA and had it sent to me. She said that if they find myself unsuitable for the position, that it will hurt my chances of getting any federal job in the future. My question is do they always tell you to withdraw your app before they send you a NOPA, or does this mean I have no chance? Any help would be appreciated. I have to call her back on Monday with my decision.
                              D.V.

No one can answer this question for you based upon the info that you provided. There are too many factors to consider. How old are you? What was the offense? How long ago? All that being said, I will tell you what I did. I had an expunged record which I fully disclosed from 15 years ago. One of my references mistakenly gave false information about the event and I was sent a NOPA. I was never asked to withdraw my application. I wrote a letter (I'm not an English Prof ) explaining my full acceptance of responsibility for the action and that my reference was simply mistaken. I also provided proof of the fact that I am not the same person that I was 15 years ago. The jury is still out on my case. In my estimation, this is a question that you already know the answer to in your heart. Good luck.

Comment

• Question on the vision requirments. Its says that your uncorrected distance has to be better then 20/100. Is that for both eyes or combined? My right eye is a little weaker then my left. I've always past the vision in the past, but now I've got that nervous feeling again until I see my medical go green check again.

Thanks for any answers.
                                Geo: Illinois
                                Test Score: 94
                                Quals: GS-7
                                T.O.: 8/7/2007
                                Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8074 users online. 357 members and 7717 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X