300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbp1811 View Post
    Everything is FEDEX overnight. except your report for duty paperwork such as the direct deposit forms and benefit forms.
    I actually received mine throught the USPS Priority mail. I was surprised that it was not FedEx.

Comment

• Just got my NOR. I only got a 79 wtf! I hope its good enough for Buffalo

Comment

• Now the wait begins again

Finally got my NOR via US Mail. Confirms what I found on Application Manager. So now the wait begins for the next step. I'm so tired of being unemployed, getting fat and lazy. I hope something stirs soon on my applications. I should have started earlier, while overseas or something. Oh well, good luck again to all with applications pending and stay safe.
        I and the public know
        What all schoolchildren learn,
        Those to whom evil is done
        Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

• Originally posted by jonm0303 View Post
          Finally got my NOR via US Mail. Confirms what I found on Application Manager. So now the wait begins for the next step. I'm so tired of being unemployed, getting fat and lazy. I hope something stirs soon on my applications. I should have started earlier, while overseas or something. Oh well, good luck again to all with applications pending and stay safe.
          were you military overseas or somethig else?
          CBPO
          Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
          Med/Fit-completed 1/08
          Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
          Quals-completed 6/08
          BI-completed 8/08
          Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
          Start-10/14/08
          FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
            were you military overseas or somethig else?
            Yeah, six years Army. I just got back in Jan. of this year from Afghanistan, and then got out in March.
            I and the public know
            Do evil in return.

Comment

• So during pre academy training I went out to the range and fired the P2000 .40 cal.

I learned that you cant fire that weapon the same as a Glock!!! Ill have to get used to all that freakin extra trigger slack! Ive been raised and trained on glocks. Why have a trigger reset when you have all that slack!!?!?!

good lookin gun, but I think I gotta shoot several hundred rounds to get the feel for it and familiarize myself with it. I still held my own though =)

Leavin 4 FLETC on Wednesday!!!!!
              Last edited by ExSDSO; 04-11-2008, 08:50 PM.
              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo
                I wish I could be unemployed!!!!

I work fri-mon approx 45hrs a week
                got to school tue-thurs 18hrs a week (6 classes)

I finish this june. I'm trying to find time to run at like 445am before work.

Don't get fat and lazy then you'll end up like me trying to get back in shape at the worst possible time
                Haha!! I hear you, and I do have plenty of time to work out (and do!) I came home weighing like 185 and now am up to 191 (muscle I think.) I just feel lazy. I'm a stay at home dad now, which means extra time with my son, which is great. I go to school full time (online) and apply for jobs. More info than you guys probably care to here but oh well. After the military I guess 30 minutes of free time feels like I'm slacking, and I've only been out for 31 days. Take care gentlemen and good luck!
                I and the public know
                Do evil in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                  So during pre academy training I went out to the range and fired the P2000 .40 cal.

I learned that you cant fire that weapon the same as a Glock!!! Ill have to get used to all that freakin extra trigger slack! Ive been raised and trained on glocks. Why have a trigger reset when you have all that slack!!?!?!

good lookin gun, but I think I gotta shoot several hundred rounds to get the feel for it and familiarize myself with it. I still held my own though =)

Yeah the P2000 does have a long trigger pull, but I chalked it up to there being no safety. It does take some getting used to but you'll get used to it.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Got a reply in the mail today. Made an 87 with the 5 point vet pref. No TO though. I did get a TO with the DoD Police so its all good. Should start with them in the next few weeks. Doing the PT test next week.
                    Remember that our job is hearts and minds...two in the heart, one in the mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                      Yeah the P2000 does have a long trigger pull, but I chalked it up to there being no safety. It does take some getting used to but you'll get used to it.

I currently have a Kahr PM-9, which has a pretty long trigger pull. I assume it will be similar to the P-2000. Does anyone know how the two compare?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                        Congrats! I just took my pee test yesterday. I met with the BI investigator and I'm just waiting for background to clear. I hope to see you at FLETC soon!

Comment

• YES!!! I got my NOR today and I passes now the real waiting begins but at least I have something positive to look forward too.
                          Tested March 08
                          TO June 08
                          Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                          VBT complete 08 passed
                          Qualification GS-5 September 08
                          BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                          NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
                            I currently have a Kahr PM-9, which has a pretty long trigger pull. I assume it will be similar to the P-2000. Does anyone know how the two compare?
                            its double action only with a ten pound pull evertime.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                              YES!!! I got my NOR today and I passes now the real waiting begins but at least I have something positive to look forward too.
                              Congratulations!!! What was your score if you don't mind answering? Any Vet's preference? Best of luck to you and welcome to the waiting game.
                              I and the public know
                              Do evil in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1811 View Post
                                its double action only with a ten pound pull evertime.
                                That's pretty similar to my DAO Kahr. It shouldn't take too much getting used to for me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7327 users online. 255 members and 7072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X