300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
    So I got a call today from an adjudicator in DC about my BI. She said that I should withdraw my application before she wrote up a NOPA and had it sent to me. She said that if they find myself unsuitable for the position, that it will hurt my chances of getting any federal job in the future. My question is do they always tell you to withdraw your app before they send you a NOPA, or does this mean I have no chance? Any help would be appreciated. I have to call her back on Monday with my decision.
    Yes! Get your NOPA and fight! Be prepared to either write like an English Professor or to pay a lawyer to write it for you. A great career wasting away with the federal gubberment awaits (but seriously, get ready to write it now)

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
      Anybody in TSU waiting for Washington Northern border? Thanks.
      That would be me.

<------
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Wow cant believe that Monday is already around the corner.... I will do my best to let everyone know how pre academy stuff goes here on the southern port. Then once I hit FLETC, I will do my best to let you guys know how that is.
        CBPO
        Written: ~06-08
        T.O.: 3-09
        Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
        Fitness: 4-09 Completed
        Medical: 4-09 Completed
        VBT: 3-09 Completed
        Drug test: 3-09 Completed
        Quals: 4-09 Completed
        B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
        Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
        TSU:08-07-09
        EOD:08-17-09
        FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Finally got the call on Aug. 12.

EOD: 9/24/09
          FLETC: 10/17/09-01/07/10
          CBPO- Hawaii
          Written: 07/31/08
          TO: 09/23/08
          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
          Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
          Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
          Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
          VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
          BI: Completed (2/19/09)
          Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
          Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
          TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• congrats

congrats!
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!
            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by casey3 View Post
              Good news everyone, today at 1pm I got the call for S.F/Oak. Unfortunately I was working and missed the call. However they left a voice mail and I called them back later on during the day and of course no answer. I left a message saying that I would take the job offer. Looks like I’ll be calling them in the morning. I’ll keep everyone posted.
              Thats great!!!!!!!! I really hope I am called up soon! I know UofU76 and myself are pretty close in TSU dates, and maybe one or 2 more. Keep us posted!
              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
              NOR: 09/2008
              TO: 09/25/08
              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
              Drug Test: 11/2008
              Oral Board: 12/03/08
              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
              Qualifications: 03/17/09
              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
              Geo Area: San Francisco County
              Written:05/26/09
              T.O.:08/28/09
              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• My apologies I stand corrected.
                Last edited by Buckeye23; 08-14-2009, 02:49 PM.
                05/09 Written Test
                06/01/09 NOR
                07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                08/07/09 BI-received
                08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                  Finally got the call on Aug. 12.

Gratz!!!! Ill be about 1 month into training when you get out there...
                  CBPO
                  Written: ~06-08
                  T.O.: 3-09
                  Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                  Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                  Medical: 4-09 Completed
                  VBT: 3-09 Completed
                  Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                  Quals: 4-09 Completed
                  B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                  Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                  TSU:08-07-09
                  EOD:08-17-09
                  FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                    Thats great!!!!!!!! I really hope I am called up soon! I know UofU76 and myself are pretty close in TSU dates, and maybe one or 2 more. Keep us posted!
                    I am April 2nd and I know someone who is March 13.
                    I think Cassey was March 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
                      I wasn't giving hypothetical advice, I said lets say hypothetically that he has some sort of criminal record DUI whatever. Saying that it will take them .4 seconds to find something that was expunged is like saying if they wanted to they could hold it against you that you stole a pack of gum when you were 7. Yeah they could but legally they can't. To have something expunged means it's gone, it didn't happen.
                      As a Leo and dealing with the courts sealed and expunged records can only law enforcement and federal. The only ones that can't see them or get access is the general public.
                      Last edited by sassy7932; 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
                        I wasn't giving hypothetical advice, I said lets say hypothetically that he has some sort of criminal record DUI whatever. Saying that it will take them .4 seconds to find something that was expunged is like saying if they wanted to they could hold it against you that you stole a pack of gum when you were 7. Yeah they could but legally they can't. To have something expunged means it's gone, it didn't happen.
                        Expunged does not mean that it is gone and it didn't happen.

Q: What is expungement?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A: Expungement is often equated to the sealing or destroying of legal records. Each state offers its own definition of expungement, based on different rules and laws. Generally, expungement can be viewed as the process to "remove from general review" the records pertaining to a case. But the records may not completely "disappear" and may still be available to law enforcement.

They are still available to law enforcement and you still have to disclose them to a BI for a Law Enforcement Job.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBonk112 View Post
                          Finally got the call on Aug. 12.

Congrats! Hopefully this is a sign calls are picking up!
                          CBPO
                          Test: July 2008
                          TO: 12/26/08
                          VBT 1/21/09-passed
                          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                          BI - Cleared
                          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
                            So I got a call today from an adjudicator in DC about my BI. She said that I should withdraw my application before she wrote up a NOPA and had it sent to me. She said that if they find myself unsuitable for the position, that it will hurt my chances of getting any federal job in the future. My question is do they always tell you to withdraw your app before they send you a NOPA, or does this mean I have no chance? Any help would be appreciated. I have to call her back on Monday with my decision.
                            Well for the record I had DC call me stating the same thing. I told her give me the 30 days to at least fight what I needed to fight and if I cant clear what you want I'll withdraw. For me it was a bad debt issues that totalled almost $15,000. I was able to settle all 3 debts for half that. When I handled it in less than 2 weeks she was shocked and still sent me a NOPA paper just for her records. So a time table...This was mine... I got a call in MAY 19 settled and faxed all papers by June 10th... got a NOPA JUNE 16th called her she said its ok dont worry... JULY16th called asking what was going on She mentioned about a letter to breakdown all bills I payed and dates...I wrote the letter not a lawyer or an English professor...I faxed it within an hour...On AUG 2nd I called her again she says im fine and I should be clear. On AUG 13th My BI cleared.
                            So what I'm saying is Take the chance go for 29 days strong if you cant fix it withdraw and reapply again the next time it opens.
                            CBPOJFK
                            Exam 03/2008---86
                            Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                            Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                            Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                            Drug Test---07/2008 check
                            VBT---07/2008 check
                            Fitness---8/2009 check
                            BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              Not to cast disparaging comments, but they are government employees. Just kidding, sort of. Actually they have many, many applicants to process. Often it is the same stuff different day. They have to take extra care to make sure each step is completed. I don't know how they divide the work up there, but if one person is doing qualifications another is scheduling medicals, another is doing something else it is very easy to think a step was completed for a person but it was really done for someone else. I started to have that problem when I was a BI, because believe it or not many investigations were very similar. The way I solved the issue is I would go through the processes twice, unless I had cases that were almost exactly the same, then it was three or four times.
                              I understand they got many applicants to process and I know how important is the BI.
                              One lady of the MHC staff told me that they have differents departments and each one works separately. For example they sent me a letter requesting the FCRA form and the dateline was July 29. They received the form July 20 but they don't cleared my PEF until August 4, four days after the dateline. If you got an applicant that only need that the Investigator review his/her credir report, do you think this is more easier than make appointments for interviews or check references.
                              Thanks for the info

Comment

• Generally speaking, if somebody calls and offers you a chance to withdraw your application...it's most likely in your best interest to do so.

As with most everything, it's the details that really matter though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8364 users online. 425 members and 7939 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X