Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flstate1 View Post
    Reapplied,

Thanks, I was referred to TSU on 8/6/09. I just emailed them and they responded that I was referred to Training and Scheduling. Then I called CASS and did not use the # sign and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help.
    No problem, glad everything worked out. good luck!
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
      For those WAITING FOR ATL I was told by upper management that they are at their numbers right now and have not had anyone in pre-academy since around march, they also said they don't forsee anyone coming in til 2012.
      Just out of curiosity, why would they give T.O.s for locations that won't hire for years?
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Fyi

M E M O R A N D U M

TO: CBP Chapter Presidents

RE: New Physical Fitness Standards and Training Curriculum

SUMMARY: NTEU and CBP have reached agreement on the implementation of new Physical Fitness Graduation Standards for officers graduating from the CBP Field Operations Academy as of October 1, 2009.

By chapter presidents’ memorandum dated March 4, 2009, you were informed that CBP would be implementing new physical fitness graduation standards (FGS) for officers graduating from the CBP Field Operations Academy as of October 1, 2009. The new standards require that officers complete a 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes, do 24 pushups in one minute, run the 220-yard dash in 45 seconds, and extend 12.5 inches when doing the sit and reach. In order to prepare students to satisfy the new FGS’s the student training regimen has been modified.

The parties have reached agreement on the implementation of the new FGS’s as reflected in the attached Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The MOU includes the following provisions:

· The new FGS’s will not be implemented until they have been validated by a job analysis in accordance with 5 CFR 300.103 and 29 CFR 1607 (14 and (15);

· CBP will provide NTEU with the job analysis documentation and related briefing confirming that the new Fitness Graduation Standards were developed in accordance with law;

· On a yearly basis for two years after the new FGS’s have been implemented, CBP will provide NTEU with pass/fail information for all four FGS’s broken down by gender and age;

· CBP will continually assess training scores to assess potential unjustified adverse impact on employees by protected EEO classifications;

· Students will be provided reasonable time and training in order to have a reasonable opportunity to satisfy the FGS’s and will be afforded two opportunities to satisfy the four FGS’s before the official pass/fail tests; and

· Either party may reopen the MOU after two years from its effective date.

FB

Comment

• Still very doable requirements. Good stuff, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
            Just out of curiosity, why would they give T.O.s for locations that won't hire for years?
            Well i don't know if they gave any T.O's out for ATL and I don't know I can't answer that question if they did. But as far as I know they are staffed and that was from the office of field ops. Why are people stuck in TSU for a year or more? That's a question you should ask also! ;-)
            These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• I too received a TO last year for the Atl geo location.. I initially took the test in March 2008 and have completed everything in CASS with the BI being on fast track to be completed.. I guess I'll be waiting for a while.
              Last edited by sassy7932; 08-10-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• I have looked and found this number 612-713-7200 for MHC is anyone on that can confirm this. I want to call and find out if I am starting all over or not.
                Tested March 08
                TO June 08
                Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                VBT complete 08 passed
                Qualification GS-5 September 08
                BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                  I have looked and found this number 612-713-7200 for MHC is anyone on that can confirm this. I want to call and find out if I am starting all over or not.
                  This is the number that I have (612) 467-7043.
                  05/09 Written Test
                  06/01/09 NOR
                  07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                  08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                  08/07/09 BI-received
                  08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                  08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Got a hold of MHC, I will have to start from the beginning there is no redo, or a way to appeal. There is nothing I can do other than wait for an open announcement and take the test again. I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me over this last year and a half, I will keep an eye here for the possibility of an open announcement. I will let you know when I retake the test, because I will do it again.

To all the newbies out there or those who are facing a redo on there fitness test practice the whole test at home as if you are taking it.

I still cant believe that the step test got me, considering I could not even do a push up two months ago.

Good luck to all you that are still in the game : )
                    Tested March 08
                    TO June 08
                    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                    VBT complete 08 passed
                    Qualification GS-5 September 08
                    BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

Got a hold of MHC, I will have to start from the beginning there is no redo, or a way to appeal. There is nothing I can do other than wait for an open announcement and take the test again. I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me over this last year and a half, I will keep an eye here for the possibility of an open announcement. I will let you know when I retake the test, because I will do it again.

To all the newbies out there or those who are facing a redo on there fitness test practice the whole test at home as if you are taking it.

I still cant believe that the step test got me, considering I could not even do a push up two months ago.

Wow sorry to hear that!! Well hang in there and don't give up!!!
                      TO-6/16/08
                      TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Anyone else going to FLETC on Sept 10th?? And maybe anyone coming back to the El Paso area?
                        CBPO
                        Written: ~06-08
                        T.O.: 3-09
                        Pre-employment forms: 3-09 Completed
                        Fitness: 4-09 Completed
                        Medical: 4-09 Completed
                        VBT: 3-09 Completed
                        Drug test: 3-09 Completed
                        Quals: 4-09 Completed
                        B.I.: 08-06-09 Completed
                        Geo Pref: SW - Texas/NM (Took El Paso, TX)
                        TSU:08-07-09
                        EOD:08-17-09
                        FLETC:Sept 10 - Dec 30

"While watching you through the scope of my rifle, all I can say is: "You can run but you WILL die tired""

Comment

Got a hold of MHC, I will have to start from the beginning there is no redo, or a way to appeal. There is nothing I can do other than wait for an open announcement and take the test again. I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me over this last year and a half, I will keep an eye here for the possibility of an open announcement. I will let you know when I retake the test, because I will do it again.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't believe that there is no redo, I could have sworn that there was a retake after 30 days. Best of luck to you.
                          05/09 Written Test
                          06/01/09 NOR
                          07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
                          08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
                          08/07/09 BI-received
                          08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
                          08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
                            I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't believe that there is no redo, I could have sworn that there was a retake after 30 days. Best of luck to you.
                            That is an egregious bummer. Sorry lady.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post

TO's are handed out by the hiring center in MN, not by anyone at any particular port. They have little to do with anything happening at the ports at the time, and are mostly done through projected calculations on how things are likely to be 8-24 months into the future.

I seriously doubt that any decent sized port or any upper-level manager can usefully predict hiring beyond the near future, much less 18-24 months down the road. Virtually all ports but the smallest ports are not fully staffed. Ever.
                              They might have a fair guess as to who will likely retire, who's likely to be fired, and what the general hiring needs are, but they don't control MHC or the hiring process. MHC will gift them with new hires when MHC and the arcane rules governing hiring decide that Atlanta needs new hires.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Firebug;1937644]M E M O R A N D U M
                                By chapter presidents’ memorandum dated March 4, 2009, you were informed that CBP would be implementing new physical fitness graduation standards (FGS) for officers graduating from the CBP Field Operations Academy as of October 1, 2009. The new standards require that officers complete a 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes, do 24 pushups in one minute, run the 220-yard dash in 45 seconds, and extend 12.5 inches when doing the sit and reach. In order to prepare students to satisfy the new FGS’s the student training regimen has been modified.

I have asked this question numerous times without an answer. How do they arrive at the measurement of 12.5 inches? I've looked at dozens of videos, but all of them set different values for the bottom of your feet. Obviously, CBP is not using the zero value for the bottom. I don't know of many humans with a spine that can reach a foot and a half past their toes. But is there anyone that can shed light on this so we can know just how far you must reach?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6606 users online. 334 members and 6272 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X