300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
    Thanks!! It sounds like they are calling everyone prior to giving them their EOD call.
    That would be my guess.

The new FY starts Oct. 01.

Put all the ducks in a row by by Aug. 15th.
    Give people 2 weeks to give notice at the old job.
    Hire in early Sept. to give approx. 4 weeks pre-academy at the port.

All that puts new hires in the Academy in early Oct.

2 classes a week; 8 classes in October...I'd be expecting 400 plus hires in the next 8 weeks or so.

Comment

• hope your right! hope im one of them also!
      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        That would be my guess.

2 classes a week; 8 classes in October...I'd be expecting 400 plus hires in the next 8 weeks or so.
        It would be great to see the ball moving again. I hope you are right!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          That would be my guess.

Would this make DHS give out new TOS from the last announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
            Would this make DHS give out new TOS from the last announcement?
            I'm not quite sure what you mean, but likely no. I guess in a way it's true, in the sense that moving along the people at the end of the pipeline more or less makes it more likely they'll need to move people up to replace them.

They'll hand out new TO's when they need to hand out new TO's.

If they do hand out new TO's, they'll be handing them out from all open announcements...assuming that they haven't reach the new level in the old announcements already. The biggest factor in issuing new TO's is the length of time since the last announcement. If there's a announcement every 6 months, then there's probably only a few draws on each announcement. If there isn't a new announcement in quite a while, then they make multiple draws on the open announcements until they've pretty much "scraped the bottom of the barrel".

Comment

• Hey everyone, been reading for a while thanks for all the info. Don't know if this means anything but unlike almost everyone I think I've been flying through the process so maybe things are starting to pick up. I only listed one location and that is New Orleans LA. Took my Med today and have unofficial word that I passed as long as my TB test comes back fine. By the way the step test really sucks lol.
              05/09 Written Test
              06/01/09 NOR
              07/15/09 T.O. & Quals (GS-5) Cleared
              08/04/09 Med. & PT-Passed
              08/07/09 BI-received
              08/11/09 Drug Screening Passed
              08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye23 View Post
                Hey everyone, been reading for a while thanks for all the info. Don't know if this means anything but unlike almost everyone I think I've been flying through the process so maybe things are starting to pick up. I only listed one location and that is New Orleans LA. Took my Med today and have unofficial word that I passed as long as my TB test comes back fine. By the way the step test really sucks lol.
                Well thing is, most people fly through the steps and get stalled out waiting on the BI or rot in TSU lately. I do believe however that things will pick up.

Comment

• Quick question for everyone that has received "The Call". Do they call your work number or your home number?

Comment

• Question for you guys that have made it through the BI. It is my understanding that they will contact your current employer. Is this true and if so is there any way around it or to delay it? My company will surely fire me if they find out that I've applied for a new job.
                    05/09 Written Test
                    06/01/09 NOR
                    08/07/09 BI-received
                    08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

Question for you guys that have made it through the BI. It is my understanding that they will contact your current employer. Is this true and if so is there any way around it or to delay it? My company will surely fire me if they find out that I've applied for a new job.
                      Well there was that section on your app for each job you list that states "Can we contact your current employer?" Did you put no and explain why? Also i believe that would be against the law for them to fire you for exploring other employment options.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP-Hopeful View Post
                        Quick question for everyone that has received "The Call". Do they call your work number or your home number?
                        They'll call your primary number. They will only call and leave you one message. It's up to you to get back to them in the specified amount of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Well there was that section on your app for each job you list that states "Can we contact your current employer?" Did you put no and explain why? Also i believe that would be against the law for them to fire you for exploring other employment options.
                          Well I was told that they don't contact your employer in that section that it is something they do as a part of the paperwork you fill out for your BI and the person responsible for doing your BI will call them. Even though it may be against the law there are easy ways around canning someone. Job market isn't really good enough to lose a job and then get to sit in TSU for 5 months waiting...
                          05/09 Written Test
                          06/01/09 NOR
                          08/07/09 BI-received
                          08/17/09 VBT Passed

Comment

Well I was told that they don't contact your employer in that section that it is something they do as a part of the paperwork you fill out for your BI and the person responsible for doing your BI will call them. Even though it may be against the law there are easy ways around canning someone. Job market isn't really good enough to lose a job and then get to sit in TSU for 5 months waiting...
                            I hear ya dude. Im not sure what to tell ya, but i'd mention it to your investigator IF they speak to you first. Other than that just gotta take your chances or withdraw. Thats about your only 2 options.

Comment

Question for you guys that have made it through the BI. It is my understanding that they will contact your current employer. Is this true and if so is there any way around it or to delay it? My company will surely fire me if they find out that I've applied for a new job.
                              You're company will be contacted. Something to think about. If you are really concerned about getting canned I'd start dropping hints that I am thinking about going in the Reserves. Pick up some literature and such talk to your co-workers about it, etc. When the BI comes around you can always say "it might be for the Reserves." I know lying to your employer isn't really all that cool, but if they are going to fire you for looking for another job, do you really owe them anything?
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I was sooooooo close to getting a perfect score on the new fitness test.

Scored 135 out of 144 possible points....

Back to TSU (orig. TSU date 11/14/2008 for Massachusetts)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9162 users online. 457 members and 8705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X