300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by when View Post
    In the event that I get an EOD date and actually make it to Fletc, what are my options for meal? A little over a year ago my body started rebelling against meat.I am fine eating seafood but whenever I eat meat it makes me extremely nauseous and I throw up. I have noticed that chicken seems to be the order of the day on the menu at Fletc. Do they by any chance serve pasta or seafood? That seems to be the only thing along with vegetables and such that I am able to eat without feeling ill.
    Well, when I was at FLETC a couple of years ago they pretty much served everything underneath the sun. They have daily specials and what not but they always have regular items like grilled chicken, pasta, etc. You're best bet will be the salad bar if you want to stay away from proteins that are upsetting your stomach. As for seafood... they do serve fish and I believe it's a daily menu item, however, I am not positive on that. Things could have changed since the last time I was there. I would take the safe route and stick with the salad bar until you know for sure what they're serving.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
      merlin any clue when the next announcement will be?
      If the past few years are any indication, fall/early winter would be my guess.

Truthfully, I doubt more than a handful of people really "know" the answer to that question. Announcements come out when the applicant pool dries out, and they take all but a few hours to type up and put out on the web. If we're lucky, we might get a two-week heads-up on the next announcement but honestly, they could also decide at noon tomorrow to put one out and we could see it up and running by 3:30PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=colinm112;1927402]Day 131 in TSU for Miami, FL Seaport. *cracks the whip* Seems like only yesterday that I check cass and everything has cleared and I was so excited. Please sound off if you can beat this number for Miami.. I am curious.

Placed in TSU about 99 days ago for me. Miami is my Geo-Pref. I'm doing my Re-Take PFT 08/07. Hey, Seaport specific? How's That? And lastly 1.5 mile in 15 minutes is what it is.

T-
        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• taking the revised fitness test tomorrow afternoon. Anyone have any tips?

Comment

• So how is this process working??? Ive been in TSU for a month and wondering if DHS is going to make everyone thats been waiting re-test for the physical prior to getting the call for EOD? my guess is that they would? Another question for you guys is If you go in as a GS-5 how long does it take before you reach the GS-7? Does anyone know how the GS- levels go, how long it takes to progress?
            TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Day 102 in TSU for Buffalo, NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                So how is this process working??? Ive been in TSU for a month and wondering if DHS is going to make everyone thats been waiting re-test for the physical prior to getting the call for EOD? my guess is that they would? Another question for you guys is If you go in as a GS-5 how long does it take before you reach the GS-7? Does anyone know how the GS- levels go, how long it takes to progress?
                Try searching the thread. Lot's of good answers lie within.

Grade/step progression has been answered multiple times here over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                  In the event that I get an EOD date and actually make it to Fletc, what are my options for meal? A little over a year ago my body started rebelling against meat.I am fine eating seafood but whenever I eat meat it makes me extremely nauseous and I throw up. I have noticed that chicken seems to be the order of the day on the menu at Fletc. Do they by any chance serve pasta or seafood? That seems to be the only thing along with vegetables and such that I am able to eat without feeling ill.
                  The "Main Line" consists of the course that is usually going to be meat. But they do have salmon on days and a few other things such as lasagna etc. there is a salad bar that has all your pastas, salad accessories, etc. They are pretty good at catering to everyones needs when it comes to the food, but fair warning... you are probably going to get sick of the pasta on a daily, so if its possible to take your vehicle, to go get things from outside fletc, its highly recommended... Not sure what I would of done if Shanes BBQ wasnt there. ha ha
                  Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                  Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                    So how is this process working??? Ive been in TSU for a month and wondering if DHS is going to make everyone thats been waiting re-test for the physical prior to getting the call for EOD? my guess is that they would? Another question for you guys is If you go in as a GS-5 how long does it take before you reach the GS-7? Does anyone know how the GS- levels go, how long it takes to progress?
                    You'll be promoted to GS 7, 9, and 11 non-competitively every year. After that it's step increases at your grade unless you apply for GS 12 or higher positions.

Comment

• Any one waiting for CBP Boston on here?

T.O.: 3-3-09
                      VBT: 3-30-09
                      Medical: 4-14-09
                      Fitness:4-14-09
                      Drug test: 4-14-09
                      Background Investigation: Done
                      TSU: 6-12-09
                      EOD: ?
                      FLETC: ?
                      Last edited by Rigrig22; 08-03-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Damn... got the letter from Hiring on Saturday for my med/fit retest and got called this morning to schedule it... That is the fastest they have ever done anything during this process. Going Aug 12.
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        T.O.: 8/7/2007
                        Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rigrig22;1929229]Any one waiting for CBP Boston on here?

i'm waiting on Boston, been in TSU since 11/14/2008

taking the new fitness exam today @ 3:30

Comment

• Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
                            Anyone waiting for Atlanta?
                            im waiting in line for atlanta. Been in TSU since the 17th of April. Got pulled 3 weeks ago due to med/fitness expiring. Retested this morning and I assumed I pass everything. Now the wait begins again.

Comment

• Thanks!! It sounds like they are calling everyone prior to giving them their EOD call.
                              TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Can I have my T.O. now Please?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12127 users online. 447 members and 11680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X