300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
    Retook my fitness this afternoon, passed it!! Now back to hoping the phone rings!! Good luck to everybody.....
    congrats... i will be taking mine on 6aug09 hopefully i passed it too..

Comment

• Originally posted by emerlad View Post
      Side step test?

Do you folks know the distance between the two red lines to touch, as each touch gives you an extra 8 points.

Thanks
      They were about 8 or 9 feet apart with a line in the center. I took it this past Tues. Back to waiting
      Written Test: 3/08
      NOR: 4/08
      TO: 4/08
      Medical: 4/08
      Fitness: 6/08
      VBT: 6/08
      Met with investigator: 10/08
      Received NOPA: 11/08
      Won appeal: 3/09
      TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
      New fitness: 7/28/09
      Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Well havent been on here in quite a while, looks like many new members... welcome, and congrats to those who are starting their time with CBP and good luck to those still in the process.

I noticed a couple that are worried about the physical part of FLETC... Im gonna say during our class we had a couple people not make it due to the run, when it was 16:30 and one who made it at 16:29. The people who did not pass, failed due to lack of caring and lack of determination. We did, however, have a few people who did not pass the 1st run, but because they were serious about it they passed with flying colors during the second run...(by the time the second run comes around, youll have your classmates pushing you and cheering you on, one team)
        So its possible that you dont pass the 1st run, but... take that as just a trial time... push yourself, run on your weekends and nights off, go to the gym, etc etc... everyone has the potential to get very fit at FLETC... Use the resources and people that are there .... they are all FREE!
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by 2g2gn View Post
          congrats... i will be taking mine on 6aug09 hopefully i passed it too..
          Thanks!! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine, let us know how it goes for you!!
          TO-6/16/08
          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Day 131 in TSU for Miami, FL Seaport. *cracks the whip* Seems like only yesterday that I check cass and everything has cleared and I was so excited. Please sound off if you can beat this number for Miami.. I am curious.

On a side note, I havent been paying attention to the exact times that was required for the 1.5 mile run so in my head ive been thinking 12 flat... so now that im at that I guess I should go eat some pizza and slow down. Getting in shape and staying there requires a fundamental change in not just working out, but your lifestyle. I wont get into it in detail unless asked but im nothing short of a dietitian so if anyone wants a critique of what you can do better (and you can ALWAYS do better), PM me. Your diet will change the way your run and workouts go.

Lastly, is there a whole foods or fresh market or anything like that around FLETC? an all natural food store..

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
              On a side note, I havent been paying attention to the exact times that was required for the 1.5 mile run so in my head ive been thinking 12 flat... so now that im at that I guess I should go eat some pizza and slow down.
              I wouldn't. I'd keep working at improving at least until the day you graduate the academy. You can't be too fit for the academy. The fitter you are, the easier the academy will become for you...and the better you'll be able to handle a lot of the obstacles thrown at you while you're training.

Comment

• merlin any clue when the next announcement will be?

Comment

• has anyone gotten a T.O from the April 2009 announcement?
                  CBP florida

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                    ...push yourself, run on your weekends and nights off, go to the gym, etc etc... everyone has the potential to get very fit at FLETC... Use the resources and people that are there .... they are all FREE!
                    Cheers Dfly123 - great post. To work off of Dfly's post not only are all those resources FREE - YOU ARE PAID to use all the equipment, PTD instructor experience, tools...
                    What other workout / gym will PAY YOU to PROVIDE YOU with all those resources?
                    Make the most of it
                    Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Anyone waiting for Atlanta?

Comment

• Originally posted by reapplycbpo View Post
                        has anyone gotten a T.O from the April 2009 announcement?
                        Just my NOR
                        ATF 1811 SA
                        Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                        Written Test - 5/11/09
                        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                        Written Test - 6/1/09
                        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                        Written Test - 7/28/09
                        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• In the event that I get an EOD date and actually make it to Fletc, what are my options for meal? A little over a year ago my body started rebelling against meat.I am fine eating seafood but whenever I eat meat it makes me extremely nauseous and I throw up. I have noticed that chicken seems to be the order of the day on the menu at Fletc. Do they by any chance serve pasta or seafood? That seems to be the only thing along with vegetables and such that I am able to eat without feeling ill.

Comment

• Just got a letter from Minny Hiring. My Med/Fitness is now expired. This will be my 3rd time taking this stuff... hopfully its the charm. Just hope they schedule it quick and get me back in the waiting pool asap. I've read about the new FLETC requirements. What's new for the pre-employee fitness? Thanks in advance.

"Up UP Down Down, Up Up Down Down..." Can't wait....
                            Geo: Illinois
                            Test Score: 94
                            Quals: GS-7
                            T.O.: 8/7/2007
                            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                              Just my NOR
                              same here
                              CBP florida

Comment

• Chicken!?? I LOVE Chicken! ..no complaints here MHC!
                                Timelines:

CBPO
                                App: 2/12/09
                                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                                Written: 2/20/09
                                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                                App: 5/5/09
                                Geo: San Diego
                                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                                NOR: 7/20/09
                                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                                TO: 10/6/09
                                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                                App: 8/17/10
                                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13013 users online. 448 members and 12565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X