Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No offense but 1.5 miles in 15 mins is a joke. If you have done anything to prepare yourself for an academy you should be able to do that easily. Work on running and pushups and situps now. Run everyday even if you have to walk to complete the distance. Nobody is so busy that they can not find 20 minutes in a 24 hour day to do some kind of exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Going to the academy unprepared fitness-wise is often a recipe for failure.

Note to applicants:

You have months, perhaps years waiting between deciding to apply for this job and actually getting the call. Get up off the couch, turn off the TV, toss out the nachos and get going and run...run again and exercise... push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, flutter kicks, etc.

Get yourself in decent shape before the academy. That's a key for success. The people who wait are usually the people who fail.
      Yup, I agree with the above. A mere 3 months ago I could barely get the 1.5 mile in 16 min. Just yesterday I ran a 1.5 in 12:31! It CAN be done, trust me! I HATE running! haha.

It turned out for me that it was just a breathing issue. Relax and take it slow at first and learn how to breathe while running. It was all downhill from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Not yet, still waiting around.
        But when did you pass all your pre employment stuff?

Mine was EOD 5/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by roxyguerra1 View Post
          Ok guys! I start my pre academy this coming monday.....quite honestly, I wasn't ready to take the job, mainly because i needed to relocate at my own expense.....another reason, I don't feel physically fit to pass the 1.5 mi run at the academy.....any suggestions for the academy? How can you achieve the 6 laps under 15 minutes? Suggestions on the sit ups and push ups?...please guys, any little comment or suggestion would really help....I'm scared sh*tless (mainly cuz I'm a girl) but also because of the unknown....I know there's a few people that have posted here, that are already at the academy.....Thanks in advance!
          Hey roxyguerra1,
          I too will EOD on Monday. What port will you be reporting to? As far as the run, push ups and sit-ups go, it's all doable you just need invest some time at the gym before heading to FLETC and you should be fine. A little inspiration - a month ago I couldn't do 15 proper puch ups and I now I am doing 30 push ups in a minute...yes, I am a female as well. Good luck!
          CBPO
          Written Exam: 7/08
          GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
          NOR (96): 8/08
          VBT: 9/08
          Fitness/Medical: 10/08
          Drug Test: 11/08
          Contacted by BI: 12/08
          BI Completed: 2/08
          Referred to TSU: 3/5/09
          Got the Call (TSU) for EOD of Mar. 30th: 3/13/09
          Requested to be Deferred: 3/13/09
          EOD: 8/3/2009
          FLETC: 8/14/09 or 8/25/09

IEA
          Written Exam: 5/29/09
          GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
          NOR (96): 7/10/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions fan View Post
            But when did you pass all your pre employment stuff?

Mine was EOD 5/14/09
            Alright....
            EOD (Entrance On Duty)
            it means your FIRST day at work with CBP

If you were referred to Schedule EOD:
            That means that you're in TSU (Training and Scheduling Unit) Which is simply telling you all of you pre-employment step are done and you are now waiting for "The Call" with the Job Offer.

Barnaj was in TSU and taken off to clear a NOPA, even though he had previously attended FLETC, hope this clears up your questions...
            Last edited by yoda; 07-31-2009, 12:25 PM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              Alright....
              EOD (Entrance On Duty)

That means that you're in TSU (Training and Scheduling Unit) Which is simply telling you all of you pre-employment step are done and you are now waiting for "The Call" with the Job Offer.

Barnaj was in TSU and taken off to clear a NOPA, even though he had previously attended FLETC, hope this clears up your questions...
              Thanks, ya thats what wanted to get at.
              tsu 5/14/09
              Last edited by Lions fan; 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM. Reason: Whats NOPA ANd is FLETC training?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Alright....
                EOD (Entrance On Duty)

How about that? I've been waiting so long i have my own P.R. guy! Thanks Yoda! No news i take it?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  How about that? I've been waiting so long i have my own P.R. guy! Thanks Yoda! No news i take it?
                  LMAO!...
                  No news yet!...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I hope Merlin is right and that calls will start coming in a few weeks! I can't wait to see the action on this board again.

Today's question is are you allowed any leave at Fletc? My wife is pregnant and depending on when the call comes she may deliver while I'm in training. Is it possible to take a long weekend or a few days for something like that?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                      I hope Merlin is right and that calls will start coming in a few weeks! I can't wait to see the action on this board again.

Today's question is are you allowed any leave at Fletc? My wife is pregnant and depending on when the call comes she may deliver while I'm in training. Is it possible to take a long weekend or a few days for something like that?

Thanks!
                      Congrats on being a dad. I too will be a dad on or around September 19. How long into your wife's pregnancy? My plan is if I get the call for EOD I will probably ask them to put me on hold until either my background is fully complete. Other than that I hope I get the call sometime after the new fiscal year begin, which is in October. Good luck to you!
                      TO: 4/09/09
                      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Retook my fitness this afternoon, passed it!! Now back to hoping the phone rings!! Good luck to everybody.....
                        TO-6/16/08
                        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• MHC's Email

Can some nice person please give me MHC's e-mail address so I can ask them a non-urgent question instead of waiting on the phone forever. It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks!
                            Leave is never allowed in the acadamy (except for sick leave). You do get all holidays off, maybe she will deliver on Labor day (pardon the pun)
                            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

I hope Merlin is right and that calls will start coming in a few weeks! I can't wait to see the action on this board again.

Thanks!
                              On common ground you are required to stay on campus each night - less weekends. You can not stay off campus over night during weekdays.

You may be absent no more than 3 days and for extenuating circumstances possibly more ~ with approval.
                              I can not imagine missing much more - even that would be pretty tough as academics / PT / Computer training... can be a pretty good load to have to retake in the after hours of regular class, etc.

A gent in my class had the same situation occurr as you describe possible. Thanfully, he flew out on Friday eve and was able to return Sunday eve.

ALSO - on the 15 minute 1.5 mile... As UofU76 stated - October 1st is the "projected" start date for the 15min portion... They initally stated they were getting tough come July 1st... Though apparently, that did not happen... So tentatively it is 16.5min 1.5mile unless your class is scheduled October --->.

EDIT Biggdawgdaddy, Refer to your Student Handbook Tab "G" -1 (Revised version 01/08) regarding Attendance Requirements.
                              Last edited by Sytes; 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM.
                              Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Side step test?

Do you folks know the distance between the two red lines to touch, as each touch gives you an extra 8 points.

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5711 users online. 226 members and 5485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X