Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
    Hey there, no need to worry I think you must have just read it wrong.

    If you score evenly across the board in all tests, to pass you would need 17 push ups, 25 sit ups, lift/lower in 50 seconds, and 10 line touches in 10 seconds. That would give you a score of 80. Hope that helps.

    I will try to relax. Good luck on your physical let us know how it goes. I am still waiting for medical clearance on mine before i can take mine. So i just need to keep working out.

    CBPO
    Test Date: 9-18-07
    Re-Registered: 7-7-08
    Pre appointment package: 3-23-09
    Drug Test: 4-2-09
    Medical: Pending
    Physical: Pending
    VTB: 4-19-09
    BI: Meet with investigator 6-29-09

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lccan View Post
      I kind of scared because that means i would have to preform about 33-34 pushups, 35 sit ups in a min, i don't know if i can do that many that fast.
      Just think POSITIVE, you can do it!!! Get the negative thinking out of your head...good luck!!! I retest for my fitness Friday, I'm ready to get back in TSU and get back to 'guarding' my phone haha!!!
      TO-6/16/08
      TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
        Just think POSITIVE, you can do it!!! Get the negative thinking out of your head...good luck!!! I retest for my fitness Friday, I'm ready to get back in TSU and get back to 'guarding' my phone haha!!!
        ha! guarding the phone..lol ain't that the truth, every time i see an unavailable/blocked call it gets answered with the quickness =D

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
          ha! guarding the phone..lol ain't that the truth, every time i see an unavailable/blocked call it gets answered with the quickness =D
          Haha right, or an area code I don't recognize!!!
          TO-6/16/08
          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

          Comment


          • Hey, what is being a CBP Officer like? My landlord is one and he keeps telling me I should apply to be an officer up here in Alaska because they have such a hard time keeping people up here. He says they are always looking for guys up here. Is this true? Do you get to choose like that where you go?
            I have a million hats.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Talon Razor View Post
              Hey, what is being a CBP Officer like? My landlord is one and he keeps telling me I should apply to be an officer up here in Alaska because they have such a hard time keeping people up here. He says they are always looking for guys up here. Is this true? Do you get to choose like that where you go?
              I lost the e mail I received from CBP, I am going to take my test on August 7th would you happen to know were I can find the information in regards to this? It would be a great help.
              Tested March 08
              TO June 08
              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
              VBT complete 08 passed
              Qualification GS-5 September 08
              BI September 08 complete April 09

              FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

              Comment


              • Originally posted by girly View Post
                I lost the e mail I received from CBP, I am going to take my test on August 7th would you happen to know were I can find the information in regards to this? It would be a great help.
                http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf

                Comment


                • When was your tsu or the eod date your going off?.. from mich just checking it out.

                  Comment


                  • Quick question... Once I get this mythical phone call from TSU to start my training, how long will they give me before I start the initial training?


                    Time keeps on ticking....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lions fan View Post
                      When was your tsu or the eod date your going off?.. from mich just checking it out.
                      Not yet, still waiting around.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tikigod311 View Post
                        Quick question... Once I get this mythical phone call from TSU to start my training, how long will they give me before I start the initial training?


                        Time keeps on ticking....
                        Anywhere from 2 weeks to a month give or take.

                        Comment


                        • SDCPB,

                          I took the written test in June of 2008, the only person I know in TSU is a guy going into the Border Patrol. Another buddy of mine took the BP written test in June of 08 around the same time I did mine and he is already back from the academy and been on the job for 2 months! It seems like they are really fast tracking those guys.
                          "Getting this job, is a job in itself" -SoCalCBPSon

                          Comment


                          • hmmmm.... doesnt seem like it looks good for us folks im guessing in 2009. I Just got into TSU the beginning of this month for East Texas. Judging by the way things are going for some of us, I think im not gonna hold my breath. The way i look at is, and in this economy apply for other jobs, it doesnt hurt to apply for everything your interested in, Im gonna apply for other LE jobs if i get offered before CBP calls then i will go from there. I can always decline if CBP starts to finally put some ppl on the job. To me it sounds like DHS anticipated to hire alot of ppl and now their freakin out with an overflow of ppl. We'll see.
                            Last edited by TX54; 07-29-2009, 10:41 PM.
                            TSU since 07/10/2009

                            Comment


                            • just wondering, does anyone know if a "990" area code is used when getting "the call"? It's the 2nd time I've missed it already and frankly I'd hate to get my hopes too high up there only to answer to a prank-calling buddy or something
                              "Veni, vidi, vici."

                              CBPO
                              TEST - 03/02/09
                              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                              TO - 04/06/09
                              FORMS - 04/21/09
                              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                              TSU - 08/14/09
                              The "Call" - 01/14/11
                              EOD - 02/07/11
                              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11


                              BPA
                              TEST - 12/13/10
                              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

                              "Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                                You must be, your TSU date is before mine. You should get taken before me.
                                Not necessarily true.....I got into TSU before AmahastPL for IAD and he's already at FLETC while I still wait for the call........

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10868 users online. 504 members and 10364 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X