Clear All

• Socalcbpson,

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
    Written: 12-11-08
    Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
    B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Miami CBPO situation

I haven't posted in a while, I graduated from FLETC on 4-23-09 then completed post-academy training and went on the line by memorial day weekend. CBP in miami had a reputation of revolving doors, or a stepping stone into more lucrative careers within Homeland Security like ICE, Air&Marine and other agencies, but the reality is with the economy the way it is, people are not moving on like they used to; and with the changes as of July 2008 CBP is looked at as a better career than before. As of right now, we have a large amount of new officers, including myself. From what I heard they hired all these new officers because concourse A will be opening possibly next year and they expected officers to mover on as always but honestly that's not the case anymore. I guess what I'm trying to say is: we have too many officers!!! There's about 40 officers that came back from FLETC after the 20 or so that graduated with me, plus about 20 or 30 more that will be coming back in the near future. So whoever is in the pool now probably won't get hired till 2010. It's hard to believe I got seniority already, that I'm not the FNG anymore! I know some people applied for ICE SA opening a couple of weeks ago and some oldtimers will be retiring soon but I think it's safe to say MIA is maxed out. And another thing we're not getting the same amount of passengers we were getting last summer, we're nowhere near those numbers, but you could say the same thing for any job out there not just CBP. Hopefully the economy will get better and we can hit the 35k extra on the moneywheel. From my lips to god's ears I hope! Good Luck everyone!
      PS: I still think CBP is the best move I have made in my professional career, even though times are rough right now.

Comment

• Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum, however I been in TSU since 06/09/2009 for Washington and all other areas. I hope to get the call soon or else I'll be waiting patiently until then.

Comment

• Hey at FLETC what are the trails like during the 1.5 mile run?
          I want to start practicing on similar trails. I understand the weather will play a huge role on the run but it won't hurt to practice.

Comment

• SoCalCBPSon,
            What step are you in CASS?

Comment

• What do you need to bring with you when you EOD?

Comment

• SDCBP,

I have sucessfully completed all steps except for the background, all interviews have been done and I recently received a "N.O.P.A." in the mail and am in the process of responding to it.

Hopefully I will be able to successfully jump through this last of many hoops in the process.
                "Getting this job, is a job in itself" -SoCalCBPSon

Comment

• Does anybody know what the oldest TSU date on these forums is? Also, what location are they waiting for?

Also, does anyone on here have an earlier date than mine for NYC-JFK?

I'm so sick of being underpaid at my current job. I've been here almost a year now - I'm a college graduate with an Insurance license working 46 hour/ 6 days per week for under $14 perhour getting paid ONCE a month. $132 of that goes to health insurance every week. I havent made this little since I got out of high school.

At first it was all well and good because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but now I think the wait for CBP might be so long that I should find another job in the meantime. Dagnabbit.

I know, I know - I still have a job I should be grateful, but I'm just ancy today. It is bubbling to the surface.
                  Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-29-2009, 09:18 AM.
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                    Hey at FLETC what are the trails like during the 1.5 mile run?
                    I want to start practicing on similar trails. I understand the weather will play a huge role on the run but it won't hurt to practice.
                    The 1.5 for time is on the track, 6 laps. The trails you will run on during p.t. are sandy, watch out for rocks, and doing pushups on top of anthills.

Comment

• Originally posted by lccan View Post
                      Did you read the point system. I did not understand it
                      yeah i read the new point system...i'm not worried about it..its pretty self explanatory the faster/more you complete the more points you get...
                      (i.e. push-ups/sit-ups in one min. the more you do the better your points would be, lift/lower 8 times the quicker you complete the more points u will get.)

just gotta get a combined score above 80 i believe....

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                        yeah i read the new point system...i'm not worried about it..its pretty self explanatory the faster/more you complete the more points you get...
                        (i.e. push-ups/sit-ups in one min. the more you do the better your points would be, lift/lower 8 times the quicker you complete the more points u will get.)

just gotta get a combined score above 80 i believe....
                        I kind of scared because that means i would have to preform about 33-34 pushups, 35 sit ups in a min, i don't know if i can do that many that fast.

CBPO
                        Test Date: 9-18-07
                        Re-Registered: 7-7-08
                        Pre appointment package: 3-23-09
                        Drug Test: 4-2-09
                        Medical: Pending
                        Physical: Pending
                        VTB: 4-19-09
                        BI: Meet with investigator 6-29-09

Comment

• SoCalCBPSon,

When did you take the test? Do you know anyone who is in TSU for SD?

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            Does anybody know what the oldest TSU date on these forums is? Also, what location are they waiting for?

Also, does anyone on here have an earlier date than mine for NYC-JFK?

I'm so sick of being underpaid at my current job. I've been here almost a year now - I'm a college graduate with an Insurance license working 46 hour/ 6 days per week for under $14 perhour getting paid ONCE a month. $132 of that goes to health insurance every week. I havent made this little since I got out of high school.

At first it was all well and good because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but now I think the wait for CBP might be so long that I should find another job in the meantime. Dagnabbit.

I know, I know - I still have a job I should be grateful, but I'm just ancy today. It is bubbling to the surface.

TSU MARCH 26th 2009 for JFK...spoke to a lady this week still no idea.
                            She said they have to wait for headquarters to determine which port gets allocated seats. I asked if there is a probability of calls being made before the end of 2009 for jfk she says she has "doesn't know".

Good luck with the waiting!
                            In the mean time look at the bright side atleast you are employed, alot of people aren't
                            Last edited by when; 07-29-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                              TSU MARCH 26th 2009 for JFK...spoke to a lady this week still no idea.
                              She said they have to wait for headquarters to determine which port gets allocated seats. I asked if there is a probability of calls being made before the end of 2009 for jfk she says she has "doesn't know".

Good luck with the waiting!
                              In the mean time look at the bright side atleast you are employed, alot of people aren't

So i'm watching you, When. When you go, I get into full effect. I think I'm going to start looking elsewhere because the wait looks exhausting. I'm not going to mention that I'm waiting for customs this time.

I do have a job, but I could be waiting forever at a job that pays too little if CBP never calls. I'm giving my current employers a year of hybrid volunteer work, no more
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by lccan View Post
                                I kind of scared because that means i would have to preform about 33-34 pushups, 35 sit ups in a min, i don't know if i can do that many that fast.
                                Hey there, no need to worry I think you must have just read it wrong.

If you score evenly across the board in all tests, to pass you would need 17 push ups, 25 sit ups, lift/lower in 50 seconds, and 10 line touches in 10 seconds. That would give you a score of 80. Hope that helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10254 users online. 332 members and 9922 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X