Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little off topic (sorry everyone, rather new to the forum). However, would anyone happen to know how long it takes for the BI to start once CASS lists it as pending "your background is in the security office?" An approximate would be helpful. Thanks.

Comment

• Thirty minutes to thirty months depending on the needs of the agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robhimslf View Post
        A little off topic (sorry everyone, rather new to the forum). However, would anyone happen to know how long it takes for the BI to start once CASS lists it as pending "your background is in the security office?" An approximate would be helpful. Thanks.
        Your BI is technically started once they recieve your security forms. Remember the interview isnt the only thing going on. They run your print cards, pull your credit, give your forms a look, etc.

Comment

• For any SF/OAK people.
          I called TSU. The woman said SF/OAK is one of the many large ports that is not hiring. I asked for the rest of 2009? She said, it's possible they might pick up a few, maybe none. I don't see anything. I told her my TSU date was 4/2/09 and she said you are at the top of the list, but you may never get picked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
            For any SF/OAK people.
            I called TSU. The woman said SF/OAK is one of the many large ports that is not hiring. I asked for the rest of 2009? She said, it's possible they might pick up a few, maybe none. I don't see anything. I told her my TSU date was 4/2/09 and she said you are at the top of the list, but you may never get picked up.
            Take it with a grain of salt because sh** happens. For example (God forbid) 100 officers all die from swine flu tommorrow, then all those spots open up. Stay positive, just because i don't doesn't mean you can't!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Take it with a grain of salt because sh** happens. For example (God forbid) 100 officers all die from swine flu tommorrow, then all those spots open up. Stay positive, just because i don't doesn't mean you can't!
              Almost three years since I began this journey. I have been waiting, waiting, waiting, only to see two idiots I know get hired before me who tested way after me and did not qualify or had a shady background. One of those guys now talks smack about the job which drives me crazy. It's time to move on. If they call, it will be in 2010. And I am at the top of the TSU list! There are months of people behind me in TSU, they have to be looking at 2011.

Comment

Almost three years since I began this journey. I have been waiting, waiting, waiting, only to see two idiots I know get hired before me who tested way after me and did not qualify or had a shady background. One of those guys now talks smack about the job which drives me crazy. It's time to move on. If they call, it will be in 2010. And I am at the top of the TSU list! There are months of people behind me in TSU, they have to be looking at 2011.
                No hiring for SF! That’s not good, I am also waiting for SF.
                I think you are right. If you are in TSU and in the beginning of the line chances are the call comes in 2010, middle to end of the line 2011. If you are waiting for a T.O. I am sorry to say but I think they are going to hold those for a while more. By the time people waiting for a T.O. get their T.O. and begin the rest of the process, they are looking at a hire date in 2012.
                I figure there are enough people in TSU right now to fill the hiring needs for the next two years. I heard ports like SF/Oak, LA/Long beach, San Diego, Miami have 100 or more people in TSU. I also heard many of the major ports around the country are about the same. (according to TSU lady)
                By the way, I have witnessed many people pass me in the hiring process, get hired, and had really bad backgrounds. It is extremely frustrating.
                I have said it before, 2009 is dead! and I am talking to those in TSU. If you are not in TSU, it's far away and dead.
                Last edited by ifoCBP; 07-28-2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                  No hiring for SF! That’s not good, I am also waiting for SF.
                  I think you are right. If you are in TSU and in the beginning of the line chances are the call comes in 2010, middle to end of the line 2011. If you are waiting for a T.O. I am sorry to say but I think they are going to hold those for a while more. By the time people waiting for a T.O. get their T.O. and begin the rest of the process, they are looking at a hire date in 2012.
                  I figure there are enough people in TSU right now to fill the hiring needs for the next two years. I heard ports like SF/Oak, LA/Long beach, San Diego, Miami have 100 or more people in TSU. I also heard many of the major ports around the country are about the same. (according to TSU lady)
                  By the way, I have witnessed many people pass me in the hiring process, get hired, and had really bad backgrounds. It is extremely frustrating.
                  I have said it before, 2009 is dead! and I am talking to those in TSU. If you are not in TSU, it's far away and dead.
                  2009 is dead. You can say that again.
                  Atleast for SF/OAK.

Comment

• Originally posted by lccan View Post
                    Did you read the point system. I did not understand it
                    I received the call last Thurs and I took it this morning.

From what my test proctor said, you had to score a cumalitive total of 80 on the first test section, which does not include the step test. I'm glad that's finally over. Now I can take my rightful place back in TSU.
                    Written Test: 3/08
                    NOR: 4/08
                    TO: 4/08
                    Medical: 4/08
                    Fitness: 6/08
                    VBT: 6/08
                    Met with investigator: 10/08
                    Received NOPA: 11/08
                    Won appeal: 3/09
                    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                    New fitness: 7/28/09
                    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

For any SF/OAK people.
                      My TSU date is 5/8. Maybe I am right next to you, hopefully

Comment

For any SF/OAK people.
                        Man...I hope I am up there too. My TSU date was in March. That sucks though about the news!
                        Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                        Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                        NOR: 09/2008
                        TO: 09/25/08
                        Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                        Drug Test: 11/2008
                        Oral Board: 12/03/08
                        BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                        Qualifications: 03/17/09
                        Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                        Geo Area: San Francisco County
                        Written:05/26/09
                        T.O.:08/28/09
                        Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                        Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                        Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Some interesting and hopefully helpful info

Hey Everyone,

I had an experience today that I wanted to share with all of you, it may shed some light on those of you who have, or who may need to send documents or transpondence directly to your adjudicator or to the Personnel Security Office in Washington DC.

I sent a letter to my adjudicator through UPS. I sent it overnight to try to ensure a quick and timely delivery. I got up this morning to track the package on the UPS website and it showed that it went to a PHARMACY in CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD! I was a little upset due to the fact that it was a very important delivery and not to mention it contained a lot of personal information, SSN# etc etc.

I called the UPS Store and they said they would check on it and call me back. After about 5 mins they called back and conferenced me in with some "higher up" in UPS and that person stated the following;

"We at UPS have an agreement with that office that all mail addressed there goes to the Capitol Heights address first, it gets scanned there and the Government has their own delivery system in place that takes over from there. She said that they (UPS) had no way of tracking it from that point and I should give it a few days"

I asked her if the USPS had the same policy and she said she has no idea.

MORAL OF THE STORY: You will probably all have to add some time to anything sent to this office, and once it gets to a certian point, there is no way to track it.

I can only assume this is a security measure put in place to protect the people and office itself, maybe where all the packages get checked??? My guess is it probably stems from the anthrax getting mailed everywhere years ago, who really knows?

Hope this is of some help to everyone out there in Pending Land!
                          "Getting this job, is a job in itself" -SoCalCBPSon

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                            Man...I hope I am up there too. My TSU date was in March. That sucks though about the news!
                            You must be, your TSU date is before mine. You should get taken before me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                              My TSU date is 5/8. Maybe I am right next to you, hopefully
                              Who really knows? I know a few people ahead of me and they have not been picked up. Every time I call TSU the news gets worse. Every time I call TSU I get a different story. If I called tomorrow, I bet they would tell me something completely opposite of what they told me today.

Comment

• Just wanted to share my experience from calling TSU. I am waiting for a date in GA. Called up and spoke to a nice lady and asked her about how much time I have. She said she couldn't tell, of course, but there hasn't been any openings in GA for a while. I asked her if she knew how far down the list I was, and she said she couldn't tell.... back when there was only a hundred or so applications in the office, she could tell me, but now that there are 1500 or so, its nearly impossible. UGH

So, to put a positive spin on that, it sounds like the current situation isn't normal. So eventually, it will go back to normal. Lets hope that is sooner that later.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12960 users online. 508 members and 12452 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X