Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In order to change your GEO location do you have to re apply under a new announcment?
    Can you contact MHC and have them change it, or is it a long process?
    If you are already in TSU does that make things harder?
    Any info would help. Thanks.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SoCalCBPSon View Post
      Hey everyone,

      I have been reading this forum and following along since I applied in June of 2008. First, I want to start out by thanking everyone for all of the useful info. Second I have a few questions that I have not seen asked or answered on here, and yes I used the search tool!

      I have successfully completed all tests and interviews, etc etc. My background just finished and I received a "N.O.P.A" in the mail just recently.

      My questions are:

      1. In the letter it says that I am entitled to representation, and if I obtain said representation that "you and your representative are entitled to review the material relied upon to support this proposal." I understand this, but if I am going to represent myself, am I also entitled to this material?
      If so, do I have to request it, obtain it, and still respond within the 30 day period?

      2. I have read about situations (DirtStyx for example) on here that people told the absolute and complete truth to their background investigator but have had other people that were interviewed tell stories that didnt match up. I understand this can raise questions as to consistancies in your investigation, but why does someone else not telling the truth, or a skewed version of it affect the applicant?

      Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for reading my super long first post!
      Well id be interested to hear details on your NOPA and if you recieved it after your BI cleared in CASS, which wasn't too clear. Anyway, you are entitled to the same things you would be if you were represented by counsel. The underlying issue of trying to get the info you need sent to you, then drafting a response and getting it back within the 30 days, some of which were spent while the NOPA was in the mail. It sounds as though you may be bitter about something someone said about you that contradicts your own position. Cant give too much advice without the specifics, but the main advice i can give is to get something of relevance back to them before your 30 days are up. I hear they aren't to forgiving when it comes to responses coming after "your time is up". Good luck.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
        In order to change your GEO location do you have to re apply under a new announcment?
        Can you contact MHC and have them change it, or is it a long process?
        If you are already in TSU does that make things harder?
        Any info would help. Thanks.
        Yeah unfortunately the only time you can change geo's without reapplying is if you havent recieved a t.o. for your orignal location choice yet. You recieved a t.o. based on agency needs for that area. But if another announcement opens, apply for your desired locale. Your stuff will carry over.

        Comment


        • Barnaj,

          Thank you for the quick response. Sorry I wasn't clear as to the status of my background. It HAS NOT cleared in CASS, however, my personal interview along with the interviews of all my references, old bosses etc HAVE been completed, therefore I assumed it is completed but NOT CLEARED. Shortly after that I received my letter in the mail, the details of which I would rather not dicuss in the open forum.

          I will probably not have time at this point to request and receive the information from IA due to the 30 day deadline. Do you or anyone else on here know what the chances are of requesting the information AND a 30 day extension for submitting my response? I dont know if it will make a difference (especially to the government) but I did not receive my letter until 8 days after it was sent due to a mix up with the post office.

          Also, regarding being "bitter", I would say frustrated is a better word. My old roommate knew about a specific instance because he was there and I explained EVERYTHING that happened to the investigator. My friend was interviewed after me and stated that he did not know about the incident. From what I have read on here that can be used against me, and it seems to be the case with the letter I received.

          Once again, any help is appreciated
          "Getting this job, is a job in itself" -SoCalCBPSon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SoCalCBPSon View Post
            Barnaj,

            Thank you for the quick response. Sorry I wasn't clear as to the status of my background. It HAS NOT cleared in CASS, however, my personal interview along with the interviews of all my references, old bosses etc HAVE been completed, therefore I assumed it is completed but NOT CLEARED. Shortly after that I received my letter in the mail, the details of which I would rather not dicuss in the open forum.

            I will probably not have time at this point to request and receive the information from IA due to the 30 day deadline. Do you or anyone else on here know what the chances are of requesting the information AND a 30 day extension for submitting my response? I dont know if it will make a difference (especially to the government) but I did not receive my letter until 8 days after it was sent due to a mix up with the post office.

            Also, regarding being "bitter", I would say frustrated is a better word. My old roommate knew about a specific instance because he was there and I explained EVERYTHING that happened to the investigator. My friend was interviewed after me and stated that he did not know about the incident. From what I have read on here that can be used against me, and it seems to be the case with the letter I received.

            Once again, any help is appreciated
            No problem. Well regardless of the circumstances regarding your situation, it's my opinion that any NOPA can be overcome. Others have opinions on this, but to me the fact that you got a NOPA rather than just being dropped or asked to withdraw, is in your favor. I know of an instance where a person was asked to withdraw due to being ineligible for federal employment for specific drug usage with no chance at a NOPA response. I also know of someone getting straight dropped and just disappeared from CASS without ever getting contacted or ever getting a NOPA. For example a convicted murderer is unlikely to get a NOPA because its not going to be a winnable argument. Get your facts together and take a few hours to draft and proof read a well thought out and professional response. Then just cross your fingers and hope your "life as a whole" as they call it can mitigate your issue. Keep us posted!

            Comment


            • Does anyone know what the interview with the investigator for a CBPO position consist of? Have mine this week.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sassy7932 View Post
                Does anyone know what the interview with the investigator for a CBPO position consist of? Have mine this week.
                In a nutshell, they go over your SF86 with a fine toothed comb. Also your paperwork such as taxes, etc.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SoCalCBPSon View Post
                  Hey everyone,

                  I have been reading this forum and following along since I applied in June of 2008. First, I want to start out by thanking everyone for all of the useful info. Second I have a few questions that I have not seen asked or answered on here, and yes I used the search tool!

                  I have successfully completed all tests and interviews, etc etc. My background just finished and I received a "N.O.P.A" in the mail just recently.

                  My questions are:

                  1. In the letter it says that I am entitled to representation, and if I obtain said representation that "you and your representative are entitled to review the material relied upon to support this proposal." I understand this, but if I am going to represent myself, am I also entitled to this material?
                  If so, do I have to request it, obtain it, and still respond within the 30 day period?

                  2. I have read about situations (DirtStyx for example) on here that people told the absolute and complete truth to their background investigator but have had other people that were interviewed tell stories that didnt match up. I understand this can raise questions as to consistancies in your investigation, but why does someone else not telling the truth, or a skewed version of it affect the applicant?

                  Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for reading my super long first post!

                  SoCal,
                  First of all, I feel your pain about all of this. My situation is almost the same as yours with the exception of being about 3 weeks ahead of you. I won't give you advice because I really don't know how my story will turn out, but I will tell you what I did.

                  If you request the information, which you DO have a right to, you will have to contact FOIA Division which is a totally different department. If you end up wanting the address after reading my reply, PM me and I'll send it to you. A FOIA request will take 3 to 6 weeks to get to you which puts you over the 30 days. I was told by my adjudicator that allowances could be made in order for you to have enough time to receive the info. All that being said, you need to get the phone number for your adjudicator so that you can have some of your questions answered about this. They won't go into specifics but I wouldn't have known to send in a FOIA request or what the address was without my adjudicator's help. At first, I did retain a lawyer, but I have a sister in law that works as a paralegal and they were going to take the case for free. After about a week of playing phone tag with my adjudicator and getting the address on a voicemail from her, I finally got to talk to her. This is the important part:

                  She was confused why I wanted to do a FOIA request. My situation was that I had an issue in my past that I fully disclosed, but one of my references gave the BI the wrong info since it was 15 years ago and he didn't remember it. She said that I didn't need a lawyer or a FOIA request for that. She told me that she pretty much knew that my reference was mistaken, but her hands were tied and had to send the NOPA. She told me to explain that very fact and that was all I would need. I didn't need affidavits or anything else. Now my disclaimer: Adjudicators are individuals doing a job. Some of those people are going to be more by the book than others. I still have no answer on my letter so I don't want to tell you to do it the way I did. You REALLY need to talk to YOUR individual adjudicator to see what they want. I would start drafting your letter now to answer ALL their questions and in as great of detail as you're able. Good luck and I'll PM you if I think of something else.
                  Last edited by DirtStyx; 07-27-2009, 02:52 PM.

                  Comment


                  • PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING
                    PENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGPENDINGP ENDINGPENDING

                    Im just saying...

                    Comment


                    • I need some advice. Got a call from my investigator saying that i need to provide more info on my credit. I have recently had some problems with my mortgage we are on an ARM mortgage that just doubled my payment. Me and my husband got seperated for a while and he told me he was going to pay the mortgage for the house. Well to make a long story short he didn't and we fell behind on our payments almost foreclosure. I have talked to the mortgage company to work out something and they will be sending me the info. I don't want this to disqualify me. We are working on paying it. any advice. Please help.

                      CBPO
                      Test Date: 9-18-07
                      Re-Registered: 7-7-08
                      Pre appointment package: 3-23-09
                      Drug Test: 4-2-09
                      Medical: Pending
                      Physical: Pending
                      VTB: 4-19-09
                      BI: Meet with investigator 6-29-09

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lccan View Post
                        I need some advice. Got a call from my investigator saying that i need to provide more info on my credit. I have recently had some problems with my mortgage we are on an ARM mortgage that just doubled my payment. Me and my husband got seperated for a while and he told me he was going to pay the mortgage for the house. Well to make a long story short he didn't and we fell behind on our payments almost foreclosure. I have talked to the mortgage company to work out something and they will be sending me the info. I don't want this to disqualify me. We are working on paying it. any advice. Please help.
                        Well i'd send them evidence of you making an honest effort to settle up. Along with that send them something telling them the circumstances of this foreclosure and hope for the best.

                        Comment


                        • Day 95 in TSU for Buffalo, NY.

                          Comment


                          • i heard they merged miami and ft lauderdale as a GEO early this year
                            should i call them or wait for them to call me?
                            during traing at FLECT where do you eat ?
                            do they have a dining hall like in the military? or 16weeks of fast food?

                            Referred to Schedule EOD 6/24/2009 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an
                            applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending
                            on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
                            CBPO:
                            WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                            NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                            T.O.: 2/09 Miami GS5 GS7
                            GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                            Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                            Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                            VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                            Medical - 2/09 completed
                            Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                            Fitness - 2/09 completed
                            BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                            Referred to Schedule EOD -TSU- 6/24/2009
                            CBPO:
                            WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                            NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                            T.O.: 2/09
                            GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                            Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                            Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                            VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                            Medical - 2/09 completed
                            Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                            Fitness - 2/09 completed
                            BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                            TSU- 6/24/2009
                            EOD- ??? wish they would call
                            update credit check 4/10
                            new TSU date on CASS 5/21/2010

                            Comment


                            • STYX:
                              The "Investigator" you are referring to is actually the ADJUDICATOR, the Investigator is the person you met, the Adjudicator is the person who goes through all of Background Information to make his/her recommendation on suitability.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

                              Comment


                              • Ok I get a call from DC IA this morning letting me know my files is cleared amd has been forwarded to the BI although I spoke to the BI last week. Meeting the BI for interview tomorrow, refs and old job have been seen today. So how much longer does it take to clear this part of the Background and what more are they going to check after speaking to me? Everything else is checked off in CASS..

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10812 users online. 435 members and 10377 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X