300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
    Nordy... how's life?! get me an update!!!!

dame .. i am still waiting.. lol
    life is OK.. starting OJT for 4 months.. i'll try to find out for ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
      FLA22;

"Dude, The line in TSU is really long for Miami. The first person has a TSU date of late January. My TSU date is May and I was told it will be awhile before I hear from TSU again. The last class from Miami was January. But, they are in need of people for the airport."

Dude ain't a dude. Note the flowery avatar. I'm a Miami hopeful. I hit TSU mid May, I was led to believe I was between 40-50 on the list. If I pass the retesting (PFT/Med), I don't think it would be out of reach for me to have an October EOD.

T-
      Every major port in the U.S. has 50-60 people in line and ready to go. If you are between 40 -50 on the list for Miami, you have a long wait. For you to have a TSU date of October, 40 people have to get picked up before you. There is only 3 months of FLETC dates left to fill for 2009. Oct - Dec. The lady at TSU told me there are over a 1000 people in TSU right now, maybe they will take 150-200 in the last few months, but 2010 is where more of us will get picked up. Take the number 200 and divide it by the number of GEO locations asking for officers, ends up being a handful to each location. The Reality is, 2009 is dead.
      I wish I was wrong. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

• what is the phone number to figure out what your place in line is? All I ever get by phone is "four to seven months."

Who are you guys talking to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
          what is the phone number to figure out what your place in line is? All I ever get by phone is "four to seven months."

It all depends on who answers the phone. Some people answer the phone and are no help at all, very tight lip, others will open up and talk your ear off. I find that the women are nicer. Everytime I get a guy they are no help at all.
          TSU 612-467-7018

Comment

• Who is the TSU king here on the boards? Meaning who has been in TSU the longest?
            You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• 2005!!!? ..By that point, is it even worth waiting for anymore??
              Timelines:

CBPO
              App: 2/12/09
              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
              Written: 2/20/09
              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
              App: 5/5/09
              Geo: San Diego
              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
              NOR: 7/20/09
              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
              TO: 10/6/09
              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
              App: 8/17/10
              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Hey everyon i have a question.
                Do they call everyone require everyone to have a personal interview with the BI?

Pre-Employment Forms completed
                Qualifications completed
                Medical Exam completed
                Structured Interview completed
                Drug Screening completed
                Background Investigation pending
                Fitness completed

Comment

• Originally posted by vBDdiaz View Post
                  Hey everyon i have a question.
                  Do they call everyone require everyone to have a personal interview with the BI?
                  Yes they do. It is a requirement for the type of BI conducted and CBP can't give a waiver for it.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• ifocbp,

Every major port in the U.S. has 50-60 people in line and ready to go. If you are between 40 -50 on the list for Miami, you have a long wait. For you to have a TSU date of October, 40 people have to get picked up before you. There is only 3 months of FLETC dates left to fill for 2009. Oct - Dec. The lady at TSU told me there are over a 1000 people in TSU right now, maybe they will take 150-200 in the last few months, but 2010 is where more of us will get picked up. Take the number 200 and divide it by the number of GEO locations asking for officers, ends up being a handful to each location. The Reality is, 2009 is dead. I wish I was wrong. I hope I am wrong.

A) Real chance of a solid Miami class. 48 People.
                    B) People get stupid and are no longer viable.
                    C) People take other jobs and drop out.

All of a sudden I moved up the list due to attrition. It depends on the POE needs, funding and inside politics plus magical wizardry with pixie dust. For me its best to keep a PT schedule with dated goals. I choose with optimism to be employed with the Fed. this year.

T-
                    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• well im about to fly back to el paso from FL, hopefully they got their facts right this time if i get sent home again im going to lose it!!
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
                        You should see if CBP would be willing to let you go home and see the family before coming back to FLETC???

They kinda owe ya one.. lol
                        well they fly you from el paso to jacksonville, when i was there i put a request to have them send me here to orlando and ill just drive up well see.. worse comes to worse i fly to jacksonville and have my wife meet me there. fletc is only 3 hours from my house anyways so im not sweating it
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
                          what is the phone number to figure out what your place in line is? All I ever get by phone is "four to seven months."

TSU is Training & Scheduling Unit this is where you go after you have completed ALL your steps... In other words where you wait for the call for your EOD (Entrance On Duty date- First day of work).
                          4 to 7 months is the general answer they give you as to how long the entire process takes from TO to Hire, and a similar time for IA (Internal Affairs) to complete a BI (when you call about your Background Investigation they'll tell you it takes that long).

If you have not completed ALL of your steps then you have no need to call TSU, because you're not in it!...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• TO's

Looks like 2 people from Delphi forums got TO's last week from the last announcement. 1 scored a 97 geo Ohio and the other scored a 100 geo ??? Anyone of you get one yet?

P.S.Can I please have mine now!?!?!?

Comment

Last edited by sassy7932; 07-25-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• LOOOOOONG time reader, 1st time poster

Hey everyone,

I have been reading this forum and following along since I applied in June of 2008. First, I want to start out by thanking everyone for all of the useful info. Second I have a few questions that I have not seen asked or answered on here, and yes I used the search tool!

I have successfully completed all tests and interviews, etc etc. My background just finished and I received a "N.O.P.A" in the mail just recently.

My questions are:

1. In the letter it says that I am entitled to representation, and if I obtain said representation that "you and your representative are entitled to review the material relied upon to support this proposal." I understand this, but if I am going to represent myself, am I also entitled to this material?
                                If so, do I have to request it, obtain it, and still respond within the 30 day period?

2. I have read about situations (DirtStyx for example) on here that people told the absolute and complete truth to their background investigator but have had other people that were interviewed tell stories that didnt match up. I understand this can raise questions as to consistancies in your investigation, but why does someone else not telling the truth, or a skewed version of it affect the applicant?

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for reading my super long first post!
                                "Getting this job, is a job in itself" -SoCalCBPSon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5074 users online. 235 members and 4839 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X