Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If one gets sent home from either EOD or FLEETC for whatever reason, do you get paid for the time you were there? In Soto's situation 3 days?
    Written: 12-11-08
    Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
    B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• I would hope so.

Comment

• WTF!!!!! just got a call from CBP IA telling me that i can come back after all this b/s that they have put me through. can i ask them for any type of reimburstment for this mess???
        Last edited by soto2635; 07-25-2009, 09:02 AM.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• This is exhausting! I can't believe the excitement!

So, i've lost track- you got an EOD date and went to your port but not training. they sent you home based on your wife's mother's husband's status and told you to resign. Then they call you back and tell you to come back? Wow! You just can't make this up! Frankly, I haven't got an opinion or any background in what you should do regarding the reimbursement. I'd be tempted to just try to blend in and be forgotten about for twenty years...

This is surreal- pregnant wife, mortgage, you're hired, you're fired, you're hired again- this should take a few years off your life! Good luck!

Comment

• WOW. Talk about putting you through a roller coaster of emotions. That's great that you get your job back. Good luck, Soto!
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
              well after providing all this guys papers and explaining to them thats his adjusting statues they were not having it and sent me home. i called my old job back at TSA and they told me i have a good chance of coming back being that i wasnt gone for even 7 days. this has definitely been a horrorable exp. im a going to kick his *** when i see him.
              Sorry, that's horrible.
              Last edited by ifoCBP; 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

WTF!!!!! just got a call from CBP IA telling me that i can come back after all this b/s that that have put me through. can i ask them for any type of reimburstment for this mess???
                Congrats!! Somewhere, someone realized the right thing was to allow you to keep the job. Good luck!

Comment

• WOW!!!! Hearing soto's experience is making me have roller coaster feelings about CBP! That's insane to make you quit then call to say come back??!!??! You should ask for a raise or something for all this trouble theyre giving you haha jk
                  Written: 12-11-08
                  Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                  B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• i know its so stupid right? but i'm so glad i got my job back!!!
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• This is the most positive way to put this. Now, let's all pray for more common sense!

Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                      Congrats!! Somewhere, someone realized the right thing was to allow you to keep the job. Good luck!

Comment

• Soto,

Just a curiosity, did you fly home already or did you stay at the EOD right now?
                        TO: 4/09/09
                        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• You should see if CBP would be willing to let you go home and see the family before coming back to FLETC???

They kinda owe ya one.. lol
                          Timelines:

CBPO
                          App: 2/12/09
                          Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                          Written: 2/20/09
                          NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                          TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                          App: 5/5/09
                          Geo: San Diego
                          Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                          NOR: 7/20/09
                          Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                          TO: 10/6/09
                          Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                          Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                          Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                          App: 8/17/10
                          Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                          TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• To all of you newbs trying to figure out how IA does their thing....
                            There is NO rhyme or reason to their ways, there are people with sketchy backgrounds that are let through, people that LIE have been let through, and people with CLEAN backgrounds are sometimes stuck and called out for "stupid" things... It is what it is!
                            The problem is not CBP, but the contractors they use to conduct BI's and adjudicate applicants. Most of these contractors are there for a limited time (a year or two) and then they move on to another job. This means that you might come across a new adjudicator that doesn't really know how to do things, others that don't really give a crap about what the file on their desks represents, and others that just push paper...
                            The standards for adjudication are so wide that they can find someone unsuitable for just about any little thing, grant you that they'll give you a chance to explain yourself to try and clear it up, but in the end it is up to them to say YES or NO. Your future/career with CBP is in their hands...

I bet anything that SOTO provided them with the info and the initial adjudicator said it wasn't enough, then his/her supervisor saw it and said it was... That's how it goes!

Good for you SOTO, I wouldn't try to get "compensation" for your travel or mixup, be glad you were given the opportunity to get the job back...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

how can i go about apealing this?
                              What's your timeline soto...for fl all other locations? and what was your score if you don't mind?....also everyone is right fight it...they should of check all this info first but defend yourself, you need this job.
                              These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• "i know its so stupid right? but i'm so glad i got my job back!!!"

I'm glad you got it back too. CBP is lucky to get you. With or without all this crapolla you've been put through you're going to make an excellent officer.

Put this behind you quick and carry on.

P.S. Get It In Writing.
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4110 users online. 204 members and 3906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X