300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    A few weeks ago they made me re-do all my pre-employment forms (3rd time I send in print cards) plus they made me fill out (or update) my SF-86 once again as well. After a couple of weeks they cleared my Pre-Empl. Forms again, and a couple of days later my Qualifications cleared as well (they were never cleared through almost 2 years in the process). So I am hoping this is good news on movement on my case. I guess we'll see... right now I'm going through another process and I'm concentrating on that, and simply letting this process play out in which ever way it goes. I will probably call DC in a couple of weeks if I don't see any movements, since all the other stuff was apparently initiated by them, or so I was told by MHC... "that there was movement on my BI and they requested all of those forms again to continue with the hiring process"...
    it sounds like they have it fixed finally.. i hope you get a call really really soon from either job your working on...

Comment

• I received my notification of cleared BI about 3 days prior to leaving for FLETC.
      I also did not know - though really didn't have much to worry about... therefore, I had a head start vs waiting for the "real" background to complete.

It was odd - I recall showing at the port and informed my background was not clear, yet... I informed them, my CASS presented a fancy green checkmark. Thus... tbh, I really had no idea until after accepting the job that my BI had technically not been completed, just the standard NCIC, etc.

I know one person shared some understandable fears... Had to quit his job with a family expecting to be supported etc... to find out... You may not have the job after all.
      Happy to say he passed his BI as well... Though he is being recycled through FLETC due to a cracked ankle, 3 weeks prior to graduation... He has to do the whole darn course again!

On that note: watch your play time! basketball is all fun and games until you twist your ankle and miss more than 3 days... thus recycle!
      Last edited by Sytes; 07-23-2009, 09:09 PM.
      Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• One of the pluses of provisional clearances...you start the job sooner and therefore gain seniority and raises sooner.

In the old days before provisional clearances, some people were waiting years(and no...that's not an exaggeration) before being finally cleared. As much as it's uncomfortable being on the job and doing menial work while awaiting for a provisional clearance to clear, you still get a paycheck every two weeks.

Comment

• Hey guys quick question -

What's the exact vacancy called on USA jobs for the CBPO position? I'm doing local law enforcement but I was interested in applying with the government as well. Any help would be great, thanks.

Comment

• Obviously I cannot talk about specific questions but for those who want to prepare ahead of the game: test one deals a lot with history of the CBP, history of US immigration law, and US republic as a whole, how laws are created, enacted by congress, and how public laws become categorized and incorporated into US Code.

Test two deals a lot with non-immigrant classifications; that is visas in A, G, B, C, D, F, M, L, and H categories.

Google them, run Wikipedia search… this is not a rocket science, folks. Being familiar with who gets what visa would be a huge advantage!

We have lost one good man due to test one; this morning TWO people have failed test two. They will have a remedial on Tuesday, but if they’ll fail again… game over for them.

CBP is on a verge of becoming much more paramilitary with much more strict standards and much more strenuous requirements, both academically and physically… this is the last call for easy entry, folks!
            CBPO Timeline
            Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
            NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
            Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
            Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
            Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
            BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
            Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
            The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
            EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
            FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
            Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post

CBP is on a verge of becoming much more paramilitary with much more strict standards and much more strenuous requirements, both academically and physically… this is the last call for easy entry, folks!

Good. Now if only policy and job duties reflect those changes we'd be getting somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                it sounds like they have it fixed finally.. i hope you get a call really really soon from either job your working on...
                Nordy... how's life?! get me an update!!!!

dame .. i am still waiting.. lol

Comment

Last edited by dougp; 07-24-2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Can someone explain what is a NOPA? and Why do you get one?

Comment

• It means notice of proposed action and essentially, it means that unless you respond and provide new info to resolve an issue, you're out of the process.

It's "we've found this, it's an issue, you're out unless you submit contradicting evidence or clarification or remedy the condition" within whatever time they specify.

Example: If they found that your wife's mother is married to someone who is an illegal alien, they'd send you a NOPA that says "this is a problem, you need to explain your relationship or you're out" and you reply with "I have never met this man, I don't know him, I obviously don't control who my mother dates or marries and when she visits me she comes alone and that will never change."

That's my understanding of a NOPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sytes View Post
                        I received my notification of cleared BI about 3 days prior to leaving for FLETC.
                        I also did not know - though really didn't have much to worry about... therefore, I had a head start vs waiting for the "real" background to complete.

It was odd - I recall showing at the port and informed my background was not clear, yet... I informed them, my CASS presented a fancy green checkmark. Thus... tbh, I really had no idea until after accepting the job that my BI had technically not been completed, just the standard NCIC, etc.

I know one person shared some understandable fears... Had to quit his job with a family expecting to be supported etc... to find out... You may not have the job after all.
                        Happy to say he passed his BI as well... Though he is being recycled through FLETC due to a cracked ankle, 3 weeks prior to graduation... He has to do the whole darn course again!

On that note: watch your play time! basketball is all fun and games until you twist your ankle and miss more than 3 days... thus recycle!
                        I called TSU last week to ask if my BI clearance was actual or interm and the guy I spoke to said I was fully cleared. I would advise anyone to at least ask before accepting a final offer.

Comment

• well after providing all this guys papers and explaining to them thats his adjusting statues they were not having it and sent me home. i called my old job back at TSA and they told me i have a good chance of coming back being that i wasnt gone for even 7 days. this has definitely been a horrorable exp. im a going to kick his *** when i see him.
                          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            I called TSU last week to ask if my BI clearance was actual or interm and the guy I spoke to said I was fully cleared. I would advise anyone to at least ask before accepting a final offer.
                            I don't fully understand the idea of asking at offer. Would you turn the job down if you were interim? I wouldn't. You could be hit by a bus, have a medical emergency or have something aweful happen at FLETC even if you are fully cleared that could cause you to lose your job at any point.

Interim clearances are meant to put people to work as soon as possible with the occasional snag. Nothing in life is guaranteed even after its been guaranteed.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, Soto. I almost think not turning the guys paperwork in at all beacause you don't know anything about him might have been the better way to go.
                            Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-24-2009, 09:21 AM.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                              I don't fully understand the idea of asking at offer. Would you turn the job down if you were interim? I wouldn't. You could be hit by a bus, have a medical emergency or have something aweful happen at FLETC even if you are fully cleared that could cause you to lose your job at any point.

Interim clearances are meant to put people to work as soon as possible with the occasional snag. Nothing in life is guaranteed even after its been guaranteed.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, Soto. I almost think not turning the guys paperwork in at all beacause you don't know anything about him might have been the better way to go.

I might have turned the job down if I had gotten a final offer without a full clearance. It all depends on your situation some people have families and children and a lot of stuff riding on this job. What if a longer amount of time had passed before they brought this up and Soto didn't have a job to go back to. If that were me I'd be screwed with no job a mortgage a 2 year old and a pregnant wife at home. Or what if someone was moving for the job and they have to put money down on a house at their new POE because their family is going on ahead because the school year is starting and they want to make sure their kid gets into the school they want at the new location.

If you know you are not fully cleared then according to Yoda you can just ask to be put back in TSU until you are clear. At the very least knowing wether you are clear or not will allow you to make that choice and not get caught with your pants down.

Putting people to work ASAP in critical need areas is great for CBP but they are not doing us any favors. It can really screw with someone's life.

Best of luck to you Soto. I know you really wanted this and I'm sorry this happened to you. This is not the end of the line there are other jobs out there and different adjudicators that may see your situation differently.
                              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                                I might have turned the job down if I had gotten a final offer without a full clearance. It all depends on your situation some people have families and children and a lot of stuff riding on this job. What if a longer amount of time had passed before they brought this up and Soto didn't have a job to go back to. If that were me I'd be screwed with no job a mortgage a 2 year old and a pregnant wife at home. Or what if someone was moving for the job and they have to put money down on a house at their new POE because their family is going on ahead because the school year is starting and they want to make sure their kid gets into the school they want at the new location.

If you know you are not fully cleared then according to Yoda you can just ask to be put back in TSU until you are clear. At the very least knowing wether you are clear or not will allow you to make that choice and not get caught with your pants down.

Putting people to work ASAP in critical need areas is great for CBP but they are not doing us any favors. It can really screw with someone's life.

Best of luck to you Soto. I know you really wanted this and I'm sorry this happened to you. This is not the end of the line there are other jobs out there and different adjudicators that may see your situation differently.
                                I see your point. I have a job that I can go back to, but it isn't great. If you have a steady job that pays the bills, then, yea, it isn't a bad idea.
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU

EOD: ???
                                FLETC: ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6799 users online. 279 members and 6520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X