300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CSUS0507 View Post
    First time poster here, but been a member since I applied back in October '08. Hope someone can help me out... here's the story:

My medical has been pending since I took it along with the fitness back in February. The issue has been my eyesight, as others have likely experienced. The quack medical outfit that proctored my medical and fitness exams found my sight to be 20/200 at best, which we all know is below minimum for uncorrected. MHC advised me to get my eyesight evaluated by a private optometrist/ophthalmologist for a second opinion. I went to my private optometrist, who I've been seeing since I was about 13 years old. She found my vision to be 20/100, the minimum for uncorrected according the CBP standards. I submitted these results to MHC and they still found me medically unqualified. So, I then submitted a medical standard waiver based on prior employment in law enforcement. That too was turned down, and I was again found medically unsuitable. I got that good news yesterday

I've set up an appointment for Lasik and will be sending results of the procedure to MHC (as long as it all goes according to plan ).

I guess my questions are, how long is this process likely to take, and what are the chances of it working out in my favor? Has anyone been able to resurrect their "withdrawn" selection, and if everything shows green checks except medical (and has for many months), where would I likely have to start over from if I'm successful?

Any help is appreciated, especially from those who are wise in the ways of CBP. You know who you are

Ok, now you scaring me. I had to get medical clearance on my vision also. My optometrist cleared me with 20/100. Does that mean that they won't clear me either. Its been about two weeks since i have sent it in. I emailed the medical unit and they responed to me saying that they had recieved my information and that it would be 2-6 weeks before i hear anything.

CBPO
    Test Date: 9-18-07
    Re-Registered: 7-7-08
    Pre appointment package: 3-23-09
    Drug Test: 4-2-09
    Medical: Pending
    Physical: Pending
    VTB: 4-19-09
    BI: Meet with investigator 6-29-09

Comment

• I'm so glad I started reading this, I thought I was having a rough time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
        Does anyone else know if the other hiring processes are this dramatic and extended?
        I have applied to a bunch of other FED LE jobs and this is lightning fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
          I have applied to a bunch of other FED LE jobs and this is lightning fast.
          No, check my sig... those are "lightning fast" compared to this.

Comment

Last edited by dougp; 07-24-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• The vast majority of people with provisional clearances do eventually fully clear.

Soto's problem, while unfortunate for him, is indeed a problem. Had he been fully cleared, and had that problem came up...well, he'd still have a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                Purelife, thanks for the info, sucks bc ive got tmobile as well. Not looking forward to that aspect. How is Fletc for you going? Not sure if your starting already but keep us posted.

AmahastPL thanks for keeping us updated. ARe you talking about Physical tests or academics? Hows the physical tests treating everyone or the PT? What happened to the people that got dropped?
                so far it's pretty cool. the signal thing seem to only be crappy at the Taj, but that makes sense since it's like almost 2 miles away from everthing else, but then again, you can't really carry your cellphone around. Weather is way better than what I thought it would be like, but I'm from the south anyway and where I'm from the weather is every day close to 110F so this is "cool" for me. (Northern buddies are complaining though).

CBPO
                * EXAM: 3/3/09
                * NOR: 3/9/09 (95%)
                * TO: MID APRIL
                * PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS: 4/16/09COMPLETED
                * MEDICAL/PHYSICAL: 5/1/09 COMPLETED
                * DRUG TEST: 5/14/09 COMPLETED
                * VBT: 6/15/09 :COMPLETED
                *QUALIFICATION: 5/28/09 (GS-7) COMPLETED
                *BI: 6/11/09 COMPLETED
                *!!THE CALL!!: 6/16/09
                *EOD: 6/29/09

*FLETC: CLASS 961 7/23 - 11/04

BPA
                *EXAM: 4/16/09 (86%)
                *TO: ???

ICE IEA
                *EXAM: 6/11/09 PASSED (Not interested anymore )

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  You actually DO have the option of asking them to offer you the job once you're FULLY cleared... Other forum members have done it, they will take you off of TSU and place you back in-line to wait for your GREEN check. It's not like it is a surprise to most here to know if you have an interim or not. This topic has been discussed previously many times... If you got cleared before or even a month after meeting your BI, YOU HAVE AN INTERIM!... Simple as that, unless you have lived and worked your entire life in a sleepy town where nothing happens, and you've never done anything wrong...
                  All of you guys need to remember that a FULL BI takes from 3 to 6 months from the time you meet your investigator to come through. Those who get the "push through" run the risk of having something like what happened to SOTO happen to them... Be it 2 days before you EOD, while you EOD, or even while attending FLETC...
                  This happens quite often, and why "interim" clearances suck!
                  Your BI can tell you that everything is A OK with your investigation, but it is up the the Adjudicators to say everything is, and even then your case has to go through the chain and pass through it without any If's, And's, or But's... If at any moment someone sees something they don't like and want to be addressed they'll turn it back... That's how it goes.
                  I did not know that. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dougp View Post
                    Two questions....

1. Does anyone know how I change my phone number that DHS has for me?

2. Just for my curiosity, when was the last time someone on here has heard of anyone waiting on LA/LB getting the call?
                    The number is located somewhere in the CASS FAQ's.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      The number is located somewhere in the CASS FAQ's.
                      17. After I have received a tentative selection letter and I need to update my address, who would I contact?
                      After you have received a tentative selection letter from the Minneapolis Hiring Center, any changes to your address/phone number(s) must be submitted in writing. Address changes may be emailed to [email protected], faxed to 612-725-1720, or you may mail your changes to the Department of Homeland Security; Minneapolis Hiring Center; Attn: Field Office Hiring Unit; 1 Federal Drive; Ft. Snelling, MN 55111-4055.

Comment

• Originally posted by dougp View Post

2. Just for my curiosity, when was the last time someone on here has heard of anyone waiting on LA/LB getting the call?
                        i think it was me back in Feb LOL.. i know someone on here who has been in TSU since around March of this year.. Both ports are filled i think, but they move so many people it change daily..

Yoda.. your still hanging in there.. have you called DC to find out any updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                          Yoda.. your still hanging in there.. have you called DC to find out any updates?
                          A few weeks ago they made me re-do all my pre-employment forms (3rd time I send in print cards) plus they made me fill out (or update) my SF-86 once again as well. After a couple of weeks they cleared my Pre-Empl. Forms again, and a couple of days later my Qualifications cleared as well (they were never cleared through almost 2 years in the process). So I am hoping this is good news on movement on my case. I guess we'll see... right now I'm going through another process and I'm concentrating on that, and simply letting this process play out in which ever way it goes. I will probably call DC in a couple of weeks if I don't see any movements, since all the other stuff was apparently initiated by them, or so I was told by MHC... "that there was movement on my BI and they requested all of those forms again to continue with the hiring process"...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            A few weeks ago they made me re-do all my pre-employment forms (3rd time I send in print cards) plus they made me fill out (or update) my SF-86 once again as well. After a couple of weeks they cleared my Pre-Empl. Forms again, and a couple of days later my Qualifications cleared as well (they were never cleared through almost 2 years in the process). So I am hoping this is good news on movement on my case. I guess we'll see... right now I'm going through another process and I'm concentrating on that, and simply letting this process play out in which ever way it goes. I will probably call DC in a couple of weeks if I don't see any movements, since all the other stuff was apparently initiated by them, or so I was told by MHC... "that there was movement on my BI and they requested all of those forms again to continue with the hiring process"...

Sounds like it is moving in the right direction. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                              i have been at pre-academy for for 3 days now, i get a call from dc telling me i'm a risk to national security b/c of my step father in law, b/c hes an illegal alien married to a us citizen, my mother in law. hes not related to me nor is he my wifes father. i didnt lie on the sf-86 and i told the BI the whole truth didnt lie about anything and he told me it should be a problem b/c the not blood family. anyway i got the clear to come here. now there telling me i have to resign or if i apeel it i could lose all chances to work for DHS. what can i do? their suppose to call me 2marrow to let me know if i have to go back home or if i can stay.
                              I dont know if this is where it started of if you gave more information about the problem before this post, but if this is where it began then you havent provided enough information for anyone to properly advise you further than what ive written below

What Soto needs to do is get in contact with them once more and ask them what they want. There is no use in sending in useless piles of information in a disorganized way. Ive been told by sec. clearance lawyers that DHS is the most disorganized agency in many ways, and from what ive experienced this is true. So there is no use in confusing them further. You need to call them and ask them what they require for you to be cleared and give it to them. The worst thing you can do is start sending them information they dont care about. They want something specific so find out what it is and give it to them. Sending large quantities of filler is a great way to sit around in the system a long time.

IMHO, most people should NEVER appeal a NOPA alone, get a security clearance lawyer or read every post on this board before you start.

Comment

• I can clear up Soto's post since we actually work together and we've been going through this process together. During his BI the investigator brought up the fact that his step-father-in-law is an illegal alien which Soto didn't realize (he paid taxes and had a drivers license). After explaining to the BI that he didn't realize this before and explained that he didn't have much of a relationship with him the investigator told him it wouldn't be held against him and his BI was cleared. Soto then traveled by his own expense to his duty station only to be told that CBP had made a mistake and he'd have to resign (he had already sworn in and EOD) because apparently being distantly related to a guy is more compelling than being a Marine combat veteran and federal employee with no arrests or drug past. I would say excuse the rant if it wasn't all sadly true. So if anybody else out there is worried about getting hosed by those fine CBP investigators, or contractors then you have reason.
                                "People sleep peacefully in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                                George Orwell

BP
                                Written Test - 2/14/2009 Passed
                                Medical Exam - 3/13/2009 Passed
                                Fitness Test - 3/13/2009 Passed
                                Drug Screening - 4/24/2009 Passed
                                Structured Interview - 4/29/2009 Passed
                                Pre-Employment Forms - Received
                                Qualifications - GL-7
                                Background Investigation - Met with BI 7/22/2009

TSU- 8/29/2009

ICE/IEA
                                Written Test - 5/27/2009 Passed
                                NOR - 7/10/2009 - 87.4%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10511 users online. 519 members and 9992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X