Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell us anything about these tests?

Man, I can't wait for this. I know it is going to be tough, but I am so ready for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by tikigod311 View Post
      Can you tell us anything about these tests?

Man, I can't wait for this. I know it is going to be tough, but I am so ready for this.
      About the only thing that can be disclosed about the tests is there are questions on them.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• How did they drop four people before classes even started?

Also, I heard that there is a medical exam when you get to FLETC and that you should bring any secondary test results you had or you have to start the medical clearance game all over again- is that true for CBP training?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
          How did they drop four people before classes even started?

Also, I heard that there is a medical exam when you get to FLETC and that you should bring any secondary test results you had or you have to start the medical clearance game all over again- is that true for CBP training?
          Are you serious? I need to go through that again? Damnit. Do I need all of my records, or is it just a general run-down?

Also - sit-ups; will someone be holding our ankles in place/will they allow us to keep our feet up against a wall OR do we need to do full sit ups without resistance on our own?
          Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-23-2009, 11:40 AM.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• I did hear that but now I can't find where and don't remember who said it. It may have been another course-

Anybody who just reported to FLETC get a physical when they got there?

I had to get a second vision test which was odd but I figured out what it was. I got the EKG right before the vision test and I lay on my back staring at the florescent light bulb for five minutes which obviously screwed with my vision! I tested at a second doctor and went right back to 20/20. Something for others to consider maybe- sunglasses for the EKG?

Somebody say if there was a secondary physical, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
              i have been at pre-academy for for 3 days now, i get a call from dc telling me i'm a risk to national security b/c of my step father in law, b/c hes an illegal alien married to a us citizen, my mother in law. hes not related to me nor is he my wifes father. i didnt lie on the sf-86 and i told the BI the whole truth didnt lie about anything and he told me it should be a problem b/c the not blood family. anyway i got the clear to come here. now there telling me i have to resign or if i apeel it i could lose all chances to work for DHS. what can i do? their suppose to call me 2marrow to let me know if i have to go back home or if i can stay.
              Try this:

http://www.mspb.gov/sites/mspb/pages...20Process.aspx

Its a long shot due to your being an applicant rather than officer off probation. But if you qualified for veterans preference they MAY represent you. God, interim clearance sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
                I did hear that but now I can't find where and don't remember who said it. It may have been another course-

Anybody who just reported to FLETC get a physical when they got there?

I had to get a second vision test which was odd but I figured out what it was. I got the EKG right before the vision test and I lay on my back staring at the florescent light bulb for five minutes which obviously screwed with my vision! I tested at a second doctor and went right back to 20/20. Something for others to consider maybe- sunglasses for the EKG?

Somebody say if there was a secondary physical, please.
                Dont sweat. Unless it changed, its just a blood pressure check and a questionnaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                  i have been at pre-academy for for 3 days now, i get a call from dc telling me i'm a risk to national security b/c of my step father in law, b/c hes an illegal alien married to a us citizen, my mother in law. hes not related to me nor is he my wifes father. i didnt lie on the sf-86 and i told the BI the whole truth didnt lie about anything and he told me it should be a problem b/c the not blood family. anyway i got the clear to come here. now there telling me i have to resign or if i apeel it i could lose all chances to work for DHS. what can i do? their suppose to call me 2marrow to let me know if i have to go back home or if i can stay.
                  Definitely a tough predicament that your in. Interim clearances do that to people though. You took the risk in accepting a position knowing that you were not fully cleared. Not saying that I wouldnt do the same thing because I would, but hopefully things work out for you and they allow you to stay. Like Barnaj said, try and get them to represent you if you have to appeal. Good luck.

Comment

• I can't think of anything more frustrating than getting three days into this job you waited for for so long and being told that you're a security risk because of someone your mother's wife married. Really, talk about something you can't exactly help biting you in the butt.
                    I don't know if I could be as calm as you sound.

I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope it works out for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                      About the only thing that can be disclosed about the tests is there are questions on them.
                      Awesome Ill take what ever info I can get.

So, should I go ahead and get some glasses? I had to retake the vision part of the medical, but I just got an exam, no glasses. I don't really need them, but if it is going to be an issue at FLETC, ill go ahead and order them now.

Comment

• Anyone waiting for Fl (all other locations) if so what's the timeline?
                        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                          Anyone waiting for Fl (all other locations) if so what's the timeline?
                          hello reapplied..

my background is in the security office, my BI sent stuff off about 2 weeks ago. i took the test in august 08 and got my TO around december i think??

whats ur location? mine is Key West

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                            Definitely a tough predicament that your in. Interim clearances do that to people though. You took the risk in accepting a position knowing that you were not fully cleared. Not saying that I wouldnt do the same thing because I would, but hopefully things work out for you and they allow you to stay. Like Barnaj said, try and get them to represent you if you have to appeal. Good luck.
                            What option do you have? I mean they push people through the process with interm clearances for hard to fill areas but if the call comes and you're not fully cleared its take it or leave it. We don't really have the option of saying can you call back and offer me a job after I'm fully clear. If you turn them down you don't go back in the rotation at the bottom of the TSU pile. Its back to square one and who knows when the next announcement will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                              What option do you have? I mean they push people through the process with interm clearances for hard to fill areas but if the call comes and you're not fully cleared its take it or leave it. We don't really have the option of saying can you call back and offer me a job after I'm fully clear. If you turn them down you don't go back in the rotation at the bottom of the TSU pile. Its back to square one and who knows when the next announcement will be.
                              You actually DO have the option of asking them to offer you the job once you're FULLY cleared... Other forum members have done it, they will take you off of TSU and place you back in-line to wait for your GREEN check. It's not like it is a surprise to most here to know if you have an interim or not. This topic has been discussed previously many times... If you got cleared before or even a month after meeting your BI, YOU HAVE AN INTERIM!... Simple as that, unless you have lived and worked your entire life in a sleepy town where nothing happens, and you've never done anything wrong...
                              All of you guys need to remember that a FULL BI takes from 3 to 6 months from the time you meet your investigator to come through. Those who get the "push through" run the risk of having something like what happened to SOTO happen to them... Be it 2 days before you EOD, while you EOD, or even while attending FLETC...
                              This happens quite often, and why "interim" clearances suck!
                              Your BI can tell you that everything is A OK with your investigation, but it is up the the Adjudicators to say everything is, and even then your case has to go through the chain and pass through it without any If's, And's, or But's... If at any moment someone sees something they don't like and want to be addressed they'll turn it back... That's how it goes.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone else know if the other hiring processes are this dramatic and extended?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8285 users online. 414 members and 7871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X