300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Rebel,

No. I've been waiting for that call for over 4 weeks now. The 23rd would have marked 90 days in TSU for me. I'm calling this week to say Wa***up.
    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

How did your Pal's do on the retake and was it done after 07/01/09?

T-
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        well i made it to el paso, i have to report tomarrow at 830am,i im a nervous wreck i had to leave everything in fl, wife, 2 year old daughter, dogs etc. hopefully this is for the best.
        I'm sure you'll be fine! This is probably the easy portion (until you get to FLETC).

Keep us updated on your day-to-day. It's especially interesting since I'm trying to get to EP as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
          Originally Posted by Beecy
          Hello,

I have a question I hope someone can answer. Under the new requirements, there is a side step test. I sent an email to HR and they informed me that the outside lines are 6 feet away from the middle line....so you have a total of 12 feet that has to be side stepped.

To be honest, I am not the best in shape (crucify me if you will). Since I applied, I have lost some weight and have been running a couple times a week for over a year now.

Nevertheless, it seems impossible for me to complete the side step test!! It says you have to complete at least 8 (outside line) touches in 10 seconds. That is practically 12 feet per second....or roughly 8 miles an hour side ways. Am I reading this wrong or doing something wrong?

Thanks for any hope you can give me....my fitness exam expires on July 24th.

Beecy
          Beecy, the side step test is a measure of your coordination - not speed. My advice is to you is focus on the lines. Also, NEVER cross your legs while doing the side steps. I just recently did mine for the CHP Physical Ability Test and we had to complete 13 lines or more in 10 seconds so don't sweat it.
          CBP Officer:
          TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
          EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
            Beecy, the side step test is a measure of your coordination - not speed. My advice is to you is focus on the lines. Also, NEVER cross your legs while doing the side steps. I just recently did mine for the CHP Physical Ability Test and we had to complete 13 lines or more in 10 seconds so don't sweat it.
            Wow....I'm amazed....yours were a full 12 feet apart? You are going from 1 outside line to the other? So you are coming close to doing 1.5 per second?!!

You go 12 feet over side stepping and almost half way back in 1 second??

Speed is involved...have to do at least 8 in 10 seconds to even score....and that is only for 4 points. If you score a 0, you are all done totally.
            Last edited by Beecy; 07-20-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post

How did your Pal's do on the retake and was it done after 07/01/09?

T-
              Yes. They both had to retest after 1Jul09. They told me that they thought it sucked, but both passed easily. We try to stay in decent shape.
              Patience is a virtue

Comment

• Anyone else waiting to hear something about Georgia as a geographic preference?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Vader View Post
                  I tested the same time as you guys. I got a TO in April, and all the steps went by fast, except the background. CASS says my case is in the security office. I have not heard anything from them in a while. Im starting to wonder if I should try and contact them to find out. It seems like a lot of people on here were contacted by their background investigators before they finished all the other steps, not the case for me.
                  Hey, D. Vader. Check out my timeline. It appears we are pretty much dead on matches with our dates (including geo location and reapplication pref). I have not heard from my background investigator as well even though my case has been in the security office for approximately 2 months now. I would not sweat calling MHC considering it has only been 3 months since the date of our TO and we have all but one of our checks remaining. It just feels like a long wait since all of our green checks were accomplished within 4 weeks time (which I feel was expedited since we applied for the SW border). There really is no set order of operations when things get cleared. The BI always takes the longest and all you can really do is hurry up and wait. Good luck to ya. I'll be following your posts closely since we're in the same boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
                    Anyone else waiting to hear something about Georgia as a geographic preference?
                    I am. Had a TSU date of Apr 17th....I was pulled out 2 weeks ago to redo my fitness.

Comment

Roger That. I'm glad somebody did the retake.

Thanks,
                      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaylord Focker View Post
                        Anyone else waiting to hear something about Georgia as a geographic preference?
                        I am waiting for Georgia area too but I have a long way to go. Background still stuck on pending 7months now.

Comment

• Mine too but it's "only" been six months. Why do you assume you'll still have a long way to go? They always tell me that it can be four to seven months- you're almost out of the woods, Wastingaway!

I know how you feel.

Comment

• The hardest thing to remember is that as long as you aren't an actual terrorist or currently taking illegal drugs, you don't owe the IRS or have hopeless debt problems- it's just a matter of time. There are allot of sketchy dudes in the military with TS clearance. The most likely result is that the qualified applicants go elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                              Yes. They both had to retest after 1Jul09. They told me that they thought it sucked, but both passed easily. We try to stay in decent shape.
                              When were they pulled and retested? What was there TSU date? I am waiting for SF/OAK and was pulled to retest and they have not contacted me yet. I had been in Tsu for over 130 days, they pulled me and I have not heard from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjdispatch View Post
                                I am. Had a TSU date of Apr 17th....I was pulled out 2 weeks ago to redo my fitness.
                                did you do it yet? How do they contact you to redo your fitness?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10224 users online. 475 members and 9749 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X