Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have heard the rumor that supposedly we're up and moving from Glynco to San Antonio for training.

Rumors are rumors. There are usually dozens of them floating about and maybe 1 in 50 ever comes close to being true in the end.

Comment

• Then again, if there is any truth to the rumors of a blended CBPO/BPA/IEA basic class, they might well be looking to move it elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        I have heard the rumor that supposedly we're up and moving from Glynco to San Antonio for training.

Rumors are rumors. There are usually dozens of them floating about and maybe 1 in 50 ever comes close to being true in the end.
        San Antonio sucks. Went there for boot camp. That would be a step down from Glynco actually.

Comment

• U guys talking about San Antonio Texas? Thats right down the alley from me. Not that far of a drive. better than driving 1100 miles for me. LOL But then again rumors are rumors and dont think i will be stuck in TSU for that long for changes like that to take place if they were to.
          TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by DCH View Post
            cb pot x.. our timelines are nearly identical, (no calls nor T.O. here as well)the only difference is for some reason, MHC keeps sending me NOR's with the same exact info after I contact them about changes to my file (ie; address and phone number)??

Why MHC does this I do not know?, I have NOR's for March, May, and June 09.. all contain the same info. I'm hoping it won't push my processing further back?

oh, and I'm in SoCal- S.W. Border area for my geo pref.
            I tested the same time as you guys. I got a TO in April, and all the steps went by fast, except the background. CASS says my case is in the security office. I have not heard anything from them in a while. Im starting to wonder if I should try and contact them to find out. It seems like a lot of people on here were contacted by their background investigators before they finished all the other steps, not the case for me.

Comment

• rawr...almost 90 days in TSU
              Patience is a virtue

Comment

• well i made it to el paso, i have to report tomarrow at 830am,i im a nervous wreck i had to leave everything in fl, wife, 2 year old daughter, dogs etc. hopefully this is for the best.
                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Soto,

I'm sure you're doing the right thing for you and yours.

SF
                  DCH
                  Last edited by DCH; 07-20-2009, 12:57 AM.
                  Timelines:

CBPO
                  App: 2/12/09
                  Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                  Written: 2/20/09
                  NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                  TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                  App: 5/5/09
                  Geo: San Diego
                  Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                  NOR: 7/20/09
                  Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                  TO: 10/6/09
                  Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                  Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                  Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                  App: 8/17/10
                  Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                  TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                    well i made it to el paso, i have to report tomarrow at 830am,i im a nervous wreck i had to leave everything in fl, wife, 2 year old daughter, dogs etc. hopefully this is for the best.
                    Good luck and try to have fun, I'm sure everyone at home is just fine and very proud of you!

Comment

• Has anyone been called to re-take their physical under the new requirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                        Has anyone been called to re-take their physical under the new requirements?
                        Two of my friends have had to retake their physical.
                        Patience is a virtue

Comment

Last edited by dougp; 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Last edited by dougp; 07-24-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Side step test help

Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                              Two of my friends have had to retake their physical.
                              Originally Posted by Beecy
                              Hello,

I have a question I hope someone can answer. Under the new requirements, there is a side step test. I sent an email to HR and they informed me that the outside lines are 6 feet away from the middle line....so you have a total of 12 feet that has to be side stepped.

To be honest, I am not the best in shape (crucify me if you will). Since I applied, I have lost some weight and have been running a couple times a week for over a year now.

Nevertheless, it seems impossible for me to complete the side step test!! It says you have to complete at least 8 (outside line) touches in 10 seconds. That is practically 12 feet per second....or roughly 8 miles an hour side ways. Am I reading this wrong or doing something wrong?

Thanks for any hope you can give me....my fitness exam expires on July 24th.

Beecy

Comment

• Originally posted by dougp View Post
                                stw1226 thanks for the update... That information helps... I have a question for anyone that can answer...

Do we get the call when positions become available at the port/location we applied for or do they call when thereare enough people to fill a class?
                                They won't be calling without a position to put you in and a dedicated seat in a class.
                                With 2000+ new hires each year getting together enough people to fill a class isn't really much of an issue usually, but it suppose that might be an issue for a handful of people left over at the end of a fiscal year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8512 users online. 420 members and 8092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X