Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have read that CBPOs are going to be receiving emergency vehicle training at FLETC sometime soon. Is this true?

Comment

• Well, Legacy INS always had police emergency driving techniques in their curriculum. Customs for some reason did not, however we drove probably more than INS. In any case, it should have been incorporated in the CBPO training from the first class... after all the CBPOs are 50% legacy INS.
      sigpic

Comment

• Fcip?

I was just checking out my TO packet I got in the mail the other day. It has a form for the FCIP. Are all these new positions under the FCIP? I hadn't heard anything about that until now. Thanks for the input.

Comment

• Haven't been around much, so I will answer what I can, that I haven't seen answered. I was issued smotth leather at FLETC two, three, four weeks, oh heck I don't know but it was very recently. When I registered at FLETC is was very smooth, but I did arrive at 1515. It doesn't take long to sign in. I am actually very surprised how smoothly every thing runs here, especially for how large and diverse the training schedule is. I had heard some of the classes getting closer to graduation doing some type of driving training, but it was not pursuit/emergency driving and no driving training is listed on my schedule.

For those who are coming soon, bring a laptop, t.v, fridge, and BenGay. Our class is divided into two element for PT and so far the people in my element has had our collective butts kicked for PT, while the other guys seem to be getting PT light. My suggestion is be prepared for a butt kicking, it only hurts for a day or two.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Forgive the Noob question:

I've searched for this topic with no luck. And I am way behind the power curve where CBP/FLETC information is concerned. There's a ton of information here.

Here goes,

My wife is pregnant with our second child. If I get accepted, I may be at FLETC when the baby is born. Is the schedule there flexible enough to allow me to go home for the birth or should I plan on staying at FLETC for the duration of the curriculum? My wife and I completely understand if I can't leave, we just want to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

Edit: I found this on the FLETC web site.

"Absence: Annual leave will normally not be granted while students are in training. Leave requests for special situations will be granted only when both the appropriate program manager and agency representative agree that the leave request is reasonable and should be approved. Sick leave will be granted as required."

So I guess this means Maybe? So, we'll hope for the best and plan for the worst. :thumbsup:
            Last edited by Val0412; 04-08-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Depending on when you started the process, you wife may give birth before you actually get to FLETC. I'm going on about 14 months, and still waiting on my background to clear. Although, there are several people in the forums that have been hired quicker.
              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
              March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
              July 09 Oral Board
              Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
              Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Thanks,

Based on all the reading I've been doing on this site, I'm starting to understand that I might be getting a little ahead of myself. The position I applied for closed on March 25th 2008. So, I'm realizing that I've probably got a bit of a wait...

All in good time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Val0412 View Post
                  Thanks,

Based on all the reading I've been doing on this site, I'm starting to understand that I might be getting a little ahead of myself. The position I applied for closed on March 25th 2008. So, I'm realizing that I've probably got a bit of a wait...

All in good time...
                  Dont quote me on this but I want to say I saw where someone posted they were at FLETC and had not seen their 2 month old son that was born during his training. I hope I am lucky enough to see my first born as his due date is 8-8-08 and I arrive back from FLETC 8-6-08 two days before. I wish you the best on this question. Also I saw where someone posted that they were in FLETC and had a family emergency and had to leave FLETC but had to start the whole process over minus the VBT.

Comment

• also it depends when you tested too. I tested back in feb of 07 and I leave on april 23

Comment

• Cool, I haven't tested yet. So, I'm not gonna stress over it. My wife and I were both in the Navy. So, We understand the sacrifices we have to make sometimes. I't more important to get in and do well. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone took the test on March 19,2008 in detroit and if they got there test scores back. I am impatiently waiting, I know the wait is long if you get past that point but man I just want to know what I got. I tried application manager and nothing has come up yet so let me know just wondering.
                        Tested March 08
                        TO June 08
                        Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                        VBT complete 08 passed
                        Qualification GS-5 September 08
                        BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                        NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• matyoka has it right, as far as getting through FLETC is concerned a 70 is as good as a 100. I went thru in 1984 ahhhhh! (L-INS) Our saying was the only difference between a 70 and 100 was a good time. No one even asked you how you did when you got back. Through the years I've been to maybe 10 different schools taught by FLETC staff and (except the firearms instructor training) most of the training at FLETC is designed for the mediocre to excel. Listen in class, study some, follow the rules, and have fun.

Comment

• hows long is the enitre process

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo

Does CBP allow you to be in the reserves? My reenlistment is comming up and he said not do it because CBP won't like that. Any clue?? I did TSA while in the reserves. No problem there. I can't see much a difference with CBP except better uniforms and a gun but that shouldn't hold me back from the Reserves should it?
                              I just returned from a two year deployment with less than six months on the job at the time. Now I am back, off probation, and a GS-11. Hows that for letting an Officer be in the Guard/Reserve. I have the time counted as time served for retirement purposes just no TSP contributions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssgtwg View Post
                                I just returned from a two year deployment with less than six months on the job at the time. Now I am back, off probation, and a GS-11. Hows that for letting an Officer be in the Guard/Reserve. I have the time counted as time served for retirement purposes just no TSP contributions.
                                thats a sweet deal man...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5396 users online. 225 members and 5171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X