300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to move to atlanta area north

Any suggestions for a good county police department even smaller ones for an experinced LEO from Louisiana
    Peanut Butter

Originally posted by scrapyd
    Any suggestions for a good county police department even smaller ones for an experinced LEO from Louisiana
    City of Alpharetta Police - GA

We work 12 hour shifts (2on,2off,3on,2off,2on,3off), with a 3 day weekend every other weekend. We also have take home cars within 30 miles of the city limits.

The city pay is based on a 37 hour work week. We work 84 hours, so you get an additional 6 hours of gap pay and then 4 hours of overtime on every check. This is the highest starting pay in the state. With experience it goes up from there.

Example:
    $33,000 / 37 hours = $17.15/hour
    Straight Pay = $17.15 x 80 hours = $1372
    Overtime = $25.73 x 4 hours = $102.92
    $1372 + 102.92 = $1474.92 x 26 pay periods = $38,347.92/yr

Also, the city benefits are excellent... health/medical/dental for $20/pay period, 100% employer paid retirement, 401(a) with up to a 4% (of your salary) employer match, immediate tuition reimbursement, 100 hours of vacation time anually (then 150 hours after one year).

The equipment is also top notch. All uniform apparel is furnished including duty weapon, vest, flashlight, boots, etc.

Reports are all electronic and the vehicles all have laptops with internet accesss, CAD, GCIC, and wireless report submission.

It is a great department to work for and is growing rapidly. With all of the land annexation from Fulton County, this is a great time to get on. The only problem is that due to the benefits and pay we are flooded with applications, so they are very selective with who gets hired.
    "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Thanks

Yeah I applied for you guys back in May but i couldnt make the Test because my current job had a madatory work day on the 16th the day they were having the test. I was really bumbed out, now even more reading your post, I have applied for gwinnett county pd but i dont think thats the place for me. I really hope i have the opp when they have the test again i think in aug or somewhere around that time according to the last person i talk to. You guys really seem to have your stuff together.

Rob

o yea i have about 3 years of law experience and 2 Post certified.
      Last edited by scrapyd; 06-07-2006, 12:35 AM.
      Peanut Butter

Comment

Sandy Springs is starting up their own department and are looking to hire experienced officers. If you like snotty white folk, it's the area for you! A friend of mine lives there and has his thumb on the political pulse..tried to get me to come down, but I like my job here. The pay should be above average for the area.

Comment

I've been to Alpharetta several times and even considered moving there at one point. Nice place.
          "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
          Matthew 11:28

Comment

Go with Atlanta PD... WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!
            "I have learned to love that which is meant to harm me, so that I can stand in the way of those who are less strong. I can take the bullets for those who aren't able to."

"Violence Is A Language Gangs Understand"

Comment

Cobb Sheriff is hiring

Cobb County is expanding it's detention facilities. Will hire 300 new deputies in next couple of years. (I guess crime really does pay) Starting pay is the best in Metro Atlanta I think.

Comment

Originally posted by scrapyd

Why in the world would you wanna leave this beautiful state
                JK...i dont blame ya.

Comment

I would not want to raise my children in states like Georgia or Alabama. I hear their schools are some of the worst in the country and the people are very uncivilized.

I know a guy who married a girl from Georgia (or maybe it was Alabama?). She could barely read and write and she tried to hit him with a frying fan

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony
                    I would not want to raise my children in states like Georgia or Alabama. I hear their schools are some of the worst in the country and the people are very uncivilized.

I know a guy who married a girl from Georgia (or maybe it was Alabama?). She could barely read and write and she tried to hit him with a frying fan

This guys post make me wonder sometimes...Is he a kid or just someone who likes to **** people off?

Comment

Consider federal jobs too - there are plenty in the ATL area, and the pay is better.

Chatham county/Savannah PD is constantly hiring as well.

Comment

If the girl was from Alabama, I could see her missing hitting her husband. But if she was from GA, that's a different story. Which is it GA or AL?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8402 users online. 401 members and 8001 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                        X