Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California POST valid in other states?

question answered
    Last edited by ejay; 07-03-2007, 04:28 AM.
    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Well, I'm not sure wahat a Level II is to begin with. In California, I know of Basic, Intermediate and Advanced...at least for full timers. Is Level II a reserve officer status?

In any case, to further answer your question, it all depends. I know I have looked into many departments and they will all take my California POST certificate (Advanced) and I won't have to do an academy. One of those was Durango, Colorado. However, (2) co-workers went to Colorado Springs and had to do the full academy.
    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

question answered
      Last edited by ejay; 07-03-2007, 04:28 AM.
      "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

bump to a very old thread...

anybody have some info or a link to info on this topic... i'm looking to self sponsor through a CA academy but i'm curious what, if any other states would accept a CA Basic POST cert

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson18 View Post
          bump to a very old thread...

anybody have some info or a link to info on this topic... i'm looking to self sponsor through a CA academy but i'm curious what, if any other states would accept a CA Basic POST cert

thanks in advance
          This is a very old thread you resurrected.

The answer is generally no. I worked in California for years and eventually transferred to a different state. The CA POST certificate is highly valued throughout the country, however most states require at least 2-3 years work experience along with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4834 users online. 207 members and 4627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X