Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customs and Border Protection Officer nationwide exam open

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Customs and Border Protection Officer nationwide exam open

    For those interested:

    CBP Officer exam link
    I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

  • #2
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm all set for testing in mid May.

    Comment


    • #3
      do u really like stamping passports at the airport hehehehe just kidding but most of the time that's what they do or lots of paperwork to clear shipments coming in....but u know what I'm planning to take the test too...

      Comment


      • #4
        Cast a wide net my friend. Evidently, landing a federal job isn't the easiest thing in the world, it looks like we've got months (if not years) of fun in front of us before we get in. I suggest taking every opportunity to get your foot in the door. Good luck on the exam.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ironic on the timing with the latest immigration bills trying to be passed.

          Good Luck on your exam!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mksm2000
            do u really like stamping passports at the airport hehehehe just kidding but most of the time that's what they do or lots of paperwork to clear shipments coming in....but u know what I'm planning to take the test too...

            It's not all stamping passports. There are other aspects to it, depending on where you go. I spent time in New Orleans post katrina supporting local LE there for one.

            Narcotics destruction, Shipborne searches, Counter Terrorism Response, SRT is coming, K9 - both explosives and narcotics, Firearms/DT instructor.... etc.

            Not terribly exciting, but the pay is very decent, and in the South, it goes a LONG way...

            Comment


            • #7
              Does past marijuana use (8 times in life, last time used in 98) cause any major problems in the hiring process for this job. I know all agencies are different. Sorry in advance, I know this has been covered before.

              Comment


              • #8
                Are these the same people, who stand on the borders ie between cananda and the USA
                IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

                "In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
                -----Louis Pasteur

                "Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

                -------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

                On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

                ------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VACOP1
                  Are these the same people, who stand on the borders ie between cananda and the USA
                  Yes they are. Thankfully they (CBP Officers) are armed, while their Canadian counterparts are not. However CBP Officers who work pre-clearance at Canadian airports are not armed...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Background is only concerned with the past 7 years, and you'll have to pass a drug test, as well as pass random ones.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      K

                      Its a decent gig (double time pay for OT) but it is not considered Law Enforcement for retirement (6c/12d)... 1% per year of your avg. of 3 highest years. No 20 year retirement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        CLOSES TOMMORROW!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SHU
                          Its a decent gig (double time pay for OT) but it is not considered Law Enforcement for retirement (6c/12d)... 1% per year of your avg. of 3 highest years. No 20 year retirement.

                          Not yet, but it's coming. The standards for hiring and passing the academy have been going up, and bills are in committee for 6c conversion. If you want to work for the fed, and are too old (over 37) for the current 6c positions, if you get on with CBP, and then get covered by congress, then you are grandfathered in as 6c, and can go over to other agencies. If not, then you'll still probably make more money for less headache than the local PDs do.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by formerNOPD
                            Not yet, but it's coming. The standards for hiring and passing the academy have been going up, and bills are in committee for 6c conversion. If you want to work for the fed, and are too old (over 37) for the current 6c positions, if you get on with CBP, and then get covered by congress, then you are grandfathered in as 6c, and can go over to other agencies. If not, then you'll still probably make more money for less headache than the local PDs do.
                            You really think we are going to get 6c???? Every year there are bills for us to get covered and they never get passed. Why is this time different??
                            I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im scheduled in may to take my exam...was just wondering i have read somewhere not sure i might have misread.....if u pass it u will get accepted a 70 or better



                              also i order the patrol exam study guide book, i was told all i need to study is math, english, and logical part

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 11849 users online. 479 members and 11370 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X