Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should have gotten them on the back of you bicep. no one seees them there.

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony
      Not only do they look low-class, but they are a clear indication of poor judgement and unnecessary risk taking
      So does overeating. Are you saying that ALL of our Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen who have tattoos are showing poor judgement and unnecessary risk taking? What a chump.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

There are a lot of police officers out there with tattoos, both visible and hidden. The only thing that I would worry about is if the agency you are going to be employed by is an "AT WILL" agency.

Old Japanese saying:
        Never have tattoo where judge can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop
          So does overeating. Are you saying that ALL of our Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen who have tattoos are showing poor judgement and unnecessary risk taking? What a chump.

Dont sweat it bro, a lot of people are stuck with their close-minded opinion on tattoos..

Comment

If I had hiring authority, I would not hire ANY officer who had a tattoo. Not only do they look low-class, but they are a clear indication of poor judgement and unnecessary risk taking
            I'm right there with you !! You dont want a cop taking any risks...

LJ
            An evil man seeketh only rebellion, therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him...Proverbs 17:11

Comment

but they are a clear indication of poor judgement and unnecessary risk taking
              wow, you've got to be kidding me.
              "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
              Matthew 11:28

Comment

Tatts

There are many thoughts on this matter but i will tell you first hand my experience. I work in one of the toughest cities in the United States and I have a full sleeve. The younger generation does not look at tattoos the same as older people. I have had many people that otherwise would spit in my face actually come up to me and talk to me due to my sleeve. In my eyes if the tattoo is not of any racial or distastefull nature it shouldnt matter.

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony View Post
                  If I had hiring authority, I would not hire ANY officer who had a tattoo. Not only do they look low-class, but they are a clear indication of poor judgement and unnecessary risk taking
                  Well it's good folks (like you) who think a (patriotic) not gang-related or offensive tattoo is somehow related to law enforcement ability and suitability, tend to NOT be put in positions of authority.

You might want to take a second look at the law enforcement and military professionals around today. Obvious statement I know, but a vast amount of them have tattoos and are effectively doing their jobs every day.

To the OP, if your tattoos keep you out of the department you're applying to, go fed law enforcement (whenever they begin hiring again). They'll worry more about your qualifications and suitability than two patriotic tattoos on your arms.

Comment

Last edited by texas11; 10-04-2011, 02:00 PM.
                    I'm not a cop, but I sometimes play one on the Internet.

Comment

I agree with some of the above listed options. Where I work all of our officers have tattoos and they make for a great conversation starters. The younger citizens think they are cool and the older ones don't care. Like others have said, if the department was aware of your tatt's prior to your hire, then you may be grandfathered into the old policy.

Comment

I work with a lot of officers that wear ace bandage covers over there tattoos. Problem solved.
                        Let's be civil

Comment

Originally posted by frmrdod View Post
                          Well it's good folks (like you) who think a (patriotic) not gang-related or offensive tattoo is somehow related to law enforcement ability and suitability, tend to NOT be put in positions of authority.

You might want to take a second look at the law enforcement and military professionals around today. Obvious statement I know, but a vast amount of them have tattoos and are effectively doing their jobs every day.

To the OP, if your tattoos keep you out of the department you're applying to, go fed law enforcement (whenever they begin hiring again). They'll worry more about your qualifications and suitability than two patriotic tattoos on your arms.
                          The people you're talking to haven't been on here in 3-5 years.

Gotta say though, 5 years and 2 days is a pretty epic thread revive.

Carry on.

Comment

I just decided to get back on the forum after a couple years off and read this tattoo article. First, I would love to have a sit down talk with the idiot that said he wouldn't hire anyone with tats. He needs to retire or get out from behind his desk and do some police work. I'll just tell you my story and everyone can make their own opinion. I work in a smaller police department (50 officers) right outside Pittsbugh PA. One of my best friends in the department was shot and killed. 5 of his closest friends decided to get memorial tats in his memory. We initially wanted to get a small one on our forearm but chief shot that one down quick. He's been there since 1968. So 4 of the guys decided to get tats on their ribcage and I decided to get my entire back covered. It's a picture of St. Michael leading a police officer into the gates of heaven. I think it's the least I could do for one of my best friends. So, if anyone wants to make a judgement on my tat, if they would take time and see what the meaning of the tat is, then maybe they would understand. Sorry guys, just had to vent. That one comment really ****ed me off about not hiring guys with tattoos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4917 users online. 309 members and 4608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X