Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intelligence Agents with the State Dept?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligence Agents with the State Dept?

Is anyone here familiar with/ or work for the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research? This is their website: www.state.gov/s/inr/ Their website is incredibly small, and thus does not contain alot of information. I have made some recent posts asking about who might investigate international crimes, and was curious if this part of the intelligence community was akin to it. Id be especially interested if there are any individuals who work for this group, and could explain what they do on a day to day basis.

Originally posted by Agent00Latin
    Is anyone here familiar with/ or work for the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research? This is their website: www.state.gov/s/inr/ Their website is incredibly small, and thus does not contain alot of information. I have made some recent posts asking about who might investigate international crimes, and was curious if this part of the intelligence community was akin to it. Id be especially interested if there are any individuals who work for this group, and could explain what they do on a day to day basis.

If you want to have the title of Federal Agent inside the United States, but also be able to investigate/provide security in other countries, I would suggest checking out the DSS: http://www.state.gov/m/ds/career/c8853.htm

The FBI, and ICE also have agents on the ground over in Iraq if that helps.

Comment

I see that they aren't currently accepting applications...how often do these guys hire?

Gibbmusic
      Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

So noone knows much about the this agency I take it?

Comment

This is not a law enforcement agency. Its mission is intelligence collection and analysis.

Comment

First of all if you want info Military.Com would be a better site and if you can't find it there then they will direc you to the right place. Also I would think Opsec would be all around this postion, all I can tell you is they require some previous experience and it is very hard to get in this field on the civillan side, your only other option is in the Military and well that path is not easy to get trhough on, but if you do get into the field you will make around 100K starting out if you go corporation and gov't obviously less.

Sorry forgot one thing. CIA and State Dept are the same thing I.E. backstabbers
            Baltimore Police Dept

Written/PAT- 10/21/12-Pass
            Written Psych- 10/22/12- Pass
            BI Interview/Polygraph/Psyc - 12/5/12
            Physical -TBD

Comment

Originally posted by VargaM
              First of all if you want info Military.Com would be a better site
              military.com sucks ***. Monster bought it a while back and all they are trying to do is make money.....not help folks out.

Most of the boards are filled with trolls and folks that don't know what the hell they are talking abuot (like here at times).....but at least here folks will call them out and get them banned if they are idiots.....over there they don't....

Comment

has it degraded to that, I apologize for posting bad info I have not been on Military.com in like 2 months I have been here the whole time. Thanks for the update on it though.
                Baltimore Police Dept

Written/PAT- 10/21/12-Pass
                Written Psych- 10/22/12- Pass
                BI Interview/Polygraph/Psyc - 12/5/12
                Physical -TBD

Comment

Originally posted by VargaM
                  has it degraded to that, I apologize for posting bad info I have not been on Military.com in like 2 months I have been here the whole time. Thanks for the update on it though.
                  No biggie. A lot of folks don't know that monster.com bought it and is using it as a tool for their main website....

I get at least three spams a day from them on one of my alternative email addresses.....thank goodness that it's not my primary one or I would have some big issues with them.

Comment

I don't know about the job specifically but I would think it would not be very law enforcement minded. While some intelligence you process might be used in criminal investigations most information you process would be diplomatic or national security by nature. Foreign Service personnel are always learning bits and pieces of information that think might have to be filtered up the chain of command. Intel folks for state would be responsible for reviewing info collected by state employees, judging it for importance, and consolidating it into reports for higher up folks.

Have you looked around 911jobs website for info? There's some DSS folks on that site who might have day to day interaction with folks from the intel side of the house.
                    If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

DSS vs Intel

I don't have first hand experience, but I've gotten a conditional offer of employment from DSS and they seem like a great agency so far. A friend of mine is now an RSO in Nairobi with DSS, before that he was in state dept intel, he's very happy he made the transition. There's a special on A and E called escape from Liberia, about DSS agents in Monrovia that's pretty interesting if you run across it.

Comment

Simple answer: All analysts. I have a couple friends in the Bureau of Intelligence and Research who graduated from GSPIA. I’m pretty sure they don’t do much collection, no HUMINT. I’m under the impression they just analyze already collected intel (SIGINT, MASINT, COMINT, IMINT, etc…). Not law enforcement at all, no case officers (like the CIA), small budget, and not much say in the overall intelligence community.
                        On the other hand I heard I&R is a great place to work, rarely travel but easy going and interesting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 247 members and 3660 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X