300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushups

Any specifics on pushups...like if you must touch your chest or whatever. Please give me any info you can. Thanks

Sorry but I forgot to mention this is for USSS UD.

Comment

Don't know specifics on USSS, but most agencies while place a fist under your chest. Touch the fist and fully extend arms. Repeat.

Comment

Indiana

Protocol For Maximum Push-ups

Purpose
        This measures muscular endurance of the upper body (anterior deltoid, pectoralis major, triceps).

Procedure
        1. The hands are placed shoulder width apart, with fingers pointing forward. Some part of the hands must lie within a vertical line drawn from the outside edge of the shoulders to the floor. The administrator places one fist on the floor below the participant
        Gods Speed

Comment

That Indiana test makes it seem like the test is how many you can do total, I thought most tests were how many you could do in a minute? Maybe I am wrong though..

Comment

My agency has you go down until the elbows are at a 90 degree angle. Much easier than touching a fist. We can turn our head and see when to start pushing upward.
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'm not sure about USSS either, but our agency places a fist as well, under the chest.

Comment

Igneous,

The Indiana test on pushups is not timed; it is a minimum amount either academy entry or exit standards.

Comment

Dshulta why didnt you just PM me? For USSS they place a fist under you. you start from the raised position, go down with a straight back feet together and strike the fist. The fist is placed approx. between the thumbs of the person doing the pushup so it basically is almost between you nipple line. This is important because many people who do pushups on their own dont go down far enough and this is a HUGE difference then soemone assisiting and you can tell how far you must go. Dhshulta, for now just do what you can. They will teach you technique your first week there.

Enjoy!

Comment

Semy, appreciate it bro, u have been a huge help! God bless!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11312 users online. 406 members and 10906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X